HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:20 PM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined May 2008
92 Posts
Glad to have helped. The dimensions should be accurate but the weight was measured on some digital kitchen scales - they are accurate but not designed to measure such small amounts. I did weigh them 3 times with the same result.
storm chaser is offline Find More Posts by storm chaser
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:11 AM
Ireland, Galway, Galway City
Joined May 2010
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm chaser View Post
Glad to have helped. The dimensions should be accurate but the weight was measured on some digital kitchen scales - they are accurate but not designed to measure such small amounts. I did weigh them 3 times with the same result.
no problem.... also if it is 4 or 5 gram is fine.
The frame I need to build will be quite light comparative to other serious frames...
thanks again
intelfly is offline Find More Posts by intelfly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Armattan CNC 258
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:25 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Jul 2014
137 Posts
As some of you know I have a love hate relationship with the v262, I love the way it flies, but hate the motors burning out, and it ain't just swapping out a motor its freakin tear it down and desolder and solder a new motor in.

But the love of how it flies and unlike some guys on here I love the canopy so I began the research, I first tried the search for another brushed motor. Well I found a couple of contenders but it required serious modding of a motor mount. Turning down the shafts so they can except the v262 gear , and most difficult is re aligning the geared drive shaft as the newer brushed motors are a different diameter.

Then I found the brushed to brushless converters, this entails a lot too but would be not so bad, first off the motor mount, brushless motor mounts for me are not too hard to fabricate. you then need an brushless esc and then the converter which plugs in the v262 FC where the motors plug into. And waala you have nice powerful brushless motor that will last a lot longer than the brushed motors. Downside is cost , is around $120 to $150 to do this conversion.

So today I had the v262 FC board in my hand and I was studying it, and I thought what if we take the converters out of the equation and just plug the brushless esc's directly to the FC board. This entails locating the controlling signal for the motors which I believed I located.
I thought I was buying some esc's and motors today from a forum member however the deal went sour otherwise I would start this project.

I am currently building a qav 250 style quad and as soon as I am done I will come back to this project but I hope I get someone else' s gears turning and maybe they will tackle this challenge
ZipSnipe is offline Find More Posts by ZipSnipe
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,264 Posts
You just have to use BLHeli flashed ESCs and you can hook the brushed signals (center pin of the motor FETs) from the FC directly onto them. Reduces the money involved as it taskes the converter out of the equation.
Has been done already.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2005
229 Posts
Ambitious project. But for me the v262 is a simple, very durable (I kept the canopy and foam body), brushed quad.

I learnt to fly quads with it and now my brother is (and crashing with cart-wheels ) and not a scratch on it. You can kill the throttle and it floats down to earth. All this and radio for $60.

It does what it does very well, but it's "expendable". I personally would not try to make it into something it's not.

If you want a brushless quad, I suggest you build one from scratch or buy one. A 350-class quad is a good size for 2nd quad. I'm really liking my Quanum Nova. Click my name for link to my build-blog of PnF model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
As some of you know I have a love hate relationship with the v262, I love the way it flies, but hate the motors burning out, and it ain't just swapping out a motor its freakin tear it down and desolder and solder a new motor in.

But the love of how it flies and unlike some guys on here I love the canopy so I began the research, I first tried the search for another brushed motor. Well I found a couple of contenders but it required serious modding of a motor mount. Turning down the shafts so they can except the v262 gear , and most difficult is re aligning the geared drive shaft as the newer brushed motors are a different diameter.

Then I found the brushed to brushless converters, this entails a lot too but would be not so bad, first off the motor mount, brushless motor mounts for me are not too hard to fabricate. you then need an brushless esc and then the converter which plugs in the v262 FC where the motors plug into. And waala you have nice powerful brushless motor that will last a lot longer than the brushed motors. Downside is cost , is around $120 to $150 to do this conversion.

So today I had the v262 FC board in my hand and I was studying it, and I thought what if we take the converters out of the equation and just plug the brushless esc's directly to the FC board. This entails locating the controlling signal for the motors which I believed I located.
I thought I was buying some esc's and motors today from a forum member however the deal went sour otherwise I would start this project.

I am currently building a qav 250 style quad and as soon as I am done I will come back to this project but I hope I get someone else' s gears turning and maybe they will tackle this challenge
Tesla1856 is online now Find More Posts by Tesla1856
Last edited by Tesla1856; Yesterday at 03:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM
Joined Jul 2014
137 Posts
I am building one from scratch( a 250 sized).

But if ya read my post a lil clearer I state that in the future after my 250 build and should I have the extra funds I might tackle it.

I might just buy another freakin motor just to get it in the air for a week or however long it lasts.
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Just a quick question: Where is the best source to get spare motors for the 262? Thanks, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41 View Post
Just a quick question: Where is the best source to get spare motors for the 262? Thanks, Aero
If you're looking for the best price probably BG, if you want them this week, probably MassiveRC.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Joined Sep 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
BG = Banggood = not an adult novelty site or other. They have rock bottom pricing and good customer support for an import company.
Mulherns is offline Find More Posts by Mulherns
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Thanks for the info guys Guess, I'll have to order a few from Bang Good to get ahead of the game Aero
Last edited by Aeronut41; Yesterday at 02:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Joined Jul 2014
137 Posts
Here Aeronut http://www.ebay.com/itm/231288696923...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Shipping from here in the US

Also I just scored a AR Parrot for $70 delivered, the downside is to get to work with a radio transmitter I have 2 choices either buy the Miruboard($60) and do some technical stuff to get it working or buy a radio and receiver($130) already set up for the AR Parrot.

So I guess my project for the v262 as changed course again and is probably heading for the trash bin.
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
550 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info guys Guess, I'll have to order a few from Bang Good to get ahead of the game Aero
I bought 6 because of the bad rep this quad has for frying motors. I still have all six spares. I'm ok with that.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
403 Posts
Ordered 4 from BG for $3.80 each with free shipping. Don't need them right away so can wait a bit Aero