SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
GB
Joined Sep 2000
69 Posts
Discussion
Wot4e,Its time for a fourstroke.

Well guys,I have flown the wot4e for about 6months now and amazingly eventhough i love the plane itself I have built a dislike of electric power on powerplanes.I love lekky on gliders,scale and hotliners but the throttle response is just better with a fourstroke and allows precise throttle bliping when landing when doing touch and goes.

It is for this reason I decided to convert this cool plane to IC power for improves manners on landing.Attached are a few pics of the extra bulkhead i made up to give the throttle barrell some space and strenghten the existing one to boot.This will do this as i am going to dowel and epoxy it to the existing one and fit the cowl back on if possible.

In the final pic I have got the cowl on ready for final glueing...hope you all like my decision..I will post the results when it finally flies...chris.T

Ps..forgot to say,the engine is an OS 40 Surpass and should be the equavalent of about 490watts.It had 650 watts as a lekky plane on 4s lipo.
christopher.traynor is offline Find More Posts by christopher.traynor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:06 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Thats a sleek looking plane for sure
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50