HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
Discussion
Why no Christmas?

RCG dresses itself up (the logo and header) for various US holidays. Even though the membership is global, no-one seems to be offended much by this. Why then is Christmas ignored? Yes, not every member is a Christian (I am sort of in the agnostic "not sure" category), but isn't this taking political correctness to an absurd level? I bet a massive majority of members celebrate the day (as I do).

This is almost as absurd as people selling "Holiday fir trees" ...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
Hi Chris,
There is the RCG Tx guy showing up with a red cap and string of lights in the header today Minimalist for sure...a very unfortunate recent trend in our society...

There is a reason for the season...Merry Christmas to all! H.I B.!

Jim(I don't have enough faith to be an atheist)
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:02 PM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
That's odd: mine is as per normal, no caps or lights ?
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
That's odd: mine is as per normal, no caps or lights ?
Your browser is probably not set to check for a new version of the webpage every time you visit it.... try going to RCGroups again and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking Refresh. This is assuming you're using Internet Explorer of course.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:40 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
isn't this taking political correctness to an absurd level?
Yes, yes it is... I did see the Christmas Terry, but yes the War on Christmas is insulting. I was raised to respect the traditions of other cultures, so while I don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, I can still enjoy it if the situation arises. It really bugs me that people can't seem to be that way about Christmas... yeah, it's a Christian holiday, and if you aren't Christian that's fine, but you should still respect the traditions of those folks. It really bothers me that we can't seem to do that. Having a Christmas tree at city hall doesn't mean anything nefarious.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:30 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Your browser is probably not set to check for a new version of the webpage every time you visit it.... try going to RCGroups again and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking Refresh. This is assuming you're using Internet Explorer of course.
Thanks Mike. I'm using Chrome, guess I just missed out this time?

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
-----
Woodstock 1's Avatar
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Yes, yes it is... I did see the Christmas Terry, but yes the War on Christmas is insulting. I was raised to respect the traditions of other cultures, so while I don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, I can still enjoy it if the situation arises. It really bugs me that people can't seem to be that way about Christmas... yeah, it's a Christian holiday, and if you aren't Christian that's fine, but you should still respect the traditions of those folks. It really bothers me that we can't seem to do that. Having a Christmas tree at city hall doesn't mean anything nefarious.
Well put. For some reason or other we have to tread lightly and not dare to insult any other religion, but Christianity seems to be open season for attack . (as I said, I'm not saying this from the perspective of a church-goer at all, just a worried observer).

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:23 AM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
RCG dresses itself up (the logo and header) for various US holidays. Even though the membership is global, no-one seems to be offended much by this. Why then is Christmas ignored? Yes, not every member is a Christian (I am sort of in the agnostic "not sure" category), but isn't this taking political correctness to an absurd level? I bet a massive majority of members celebrate the day (as I do).

This is almost as absurd as people selling "Holiday fir trees" ...

Chris
Christmas wasn't ignored. The header on the forum exhibited Terry The Transmitter in festive garb, with Christmas lights festooned across the top of the page.

It looks like you might have had your browser settings set, such that you didn't see the revised version.

That is not the best position to launch an unwarranted attack on the website administration for something that didn't actually happen, as in Christmas being ignored.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:36 AM View Post
Woodstock 1
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Woodstock 1 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,571 Posts
There is no unpleasantness, or misery, in my post. Not a jot. The simple fact is that you were wrong, Christmas was not ignored, but you started off from the myth that there was some agenda that did not actually exist and then continued in the same vein, even when it had been pointed out to you that you were mistaken.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
WS, you are out of line.

Terry the T was festooned with christmas lights, and a santa hat for the holidays.

And, he is back to normal now.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
ctrout's Avatar
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Oh, put a sock in it you miserable old git. No need to be so unpleasant. One can always rely on you to be as miserable as you possibly can.

I'm sure the "website administration" can handle it. BTW I checked across a number of browsers and machines, and I only saw the normal headings here.
See what you get for pushing a Merry Christmas wish! The umm-bugs land on you. Lol
Better luck next year
Wait and see what a happy new year looks like.
No good deed goís unpunished
Maybe they will drop a 4000lbs ball on you.
Sometimes thatís all we get, Few will risk todays "wishing all a merry Chritmas and a happy new year" knowing we will need to rent crane after saying it. lol
Trout
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
????

What?


He complains about not seeing something that others see, they point that out to him, and he insults them, and somehow it is those other guys who are the problem?

That is a bit backwards.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
ctrout's Avatar
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
What side of the generation gap you’re on will give you another view of the Ops post. If you don’t have “the old days” to work with, what you see nowadays leaves out the point of the holidays wish.
But I’ve bin wrong before.
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout View Post
What side of the generation gap you’re on will give you another view of the Ops post. If you don’t have “the old days” to work with, what you see nowadays leaves out the point of the holidays wish.
But I’ve bin wrong before.
Once again, you speak in code.

What is your point?


The op said he could not see a holiday terry. Other posters said that it was likely a problem with his computer or browser, as they had seen the holiday terry.

He got mad and was insulting to someone who was attempting to point him in the correct direction for a resolution. Being on one side or another of a 'generation gap,' is likely to be a bit of a misnomer, given the demographic here. And, it shouldn't work as an excuse for the behavior seen.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion NO Banana Hobby sale for Christmas? zeus3313 Hot Online Deals 2 Dec 07, 2012 08:13 PM
Discussion If the GOP is so worried about Voter fraud, why no ID's for GOP primary? redhotpearl Life, The Universe, and Politics 55 Mar 12, 2012 09:34 PM
Discussion Why no medal/aluminum props Airdog67 Electric Plane Talk 20 Mar 01, 2012 03:38 PM