HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFREDZ View Post
Has anyone had any experience flying this plane with the RTF transmitter? And if so, How was it?? Thanks.
I have. And it was just fine.
Just do a radio range check at the store if possible. I had an early albatros that had range issues. Otherwise I actually prefer the RTF to the anylink module for my dx8
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Interesting. Why is it that you prefer the RTF TX? I purchased mine online, Tower Hobbies. I guess I'll have the wife turn the rudder as I walk further away with it, to test the range.
NOFREDZ is offline Find More Posts by NOFREDZ
Last edited by NOFREDZ; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:19 AM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,069 Posts
Mine is a RTF , and has 6 flights on it , and it flew great from the first ROG .
But its a SE5a after all , they all fly well , its been a well designed plane since WW1

wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:17 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFREDZ View Post
Has anyone had any experience flying this plane with the RTF transmitter? And if so, How was it?? Thanks.
I also use the RTF transmitter with no issues at all....I would have liked to use the Anylink with my DX8 but didn't want to spend an extra $40 for the Anylink and the DX8 cable (with a LiFe battery that needs to be recharded) just for one airplane.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Great news! Thanks guys.
NOFREDZ is offline Find More Posts by NOFREDZ
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:39 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,269 Posts
I have about 25 flights on my SE5 and noticed the prop was hanging a little low....seems the motor had started to let go from it's mounting.

I was lucky because I didn't have to open up the fuse, I was able to put some epoxy on a tooth pick and apply it through the little hole above the prop...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:07 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,066 Posts
Just unboxed mine today, charged the batt, bound it to the Tactic Tx and found the rudder is reversed. Left stick= right rudder. I also got the Albatros and it came with the free AnyLink. Should I just bind the SE5a to the DX6i with AnyLink? Or is there a simple solution with the Tactic tx?
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:34 AM
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Joined Dec 2007
374 Posts
Steve- You can reverse the tx rudder direction the by holding down one of the rudder trim buttons while turning on the power. I have to do this every session to share the same tactic tx with a dr1 and albatros.
shagrug is offline Find More Posts by shagrug
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:43 AM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,066 Posts
Hey Shagrug....had I read the instructions ALL the way through I would have found the answer myself. So I appreciate the help and please excuse the noob-itis.

Looking forward to flying both of mine soon. Gotta get the pilots painted and may do a little bit of weathering while waiting on the weather. More snow for us this week.
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:21 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 0 View Post
I also got the Albatros and it came with the free AnyLink. Should I just bind the SE5a to the DX6i with AnyLink?
Well then, yes, I'd suggest you do that, as the DX6i is certainly a nicer radio than the RTF one that came with your SE5a.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:50 PM
Vintage Nut
Llangollen
Joined Aug 2007
315 Posts
Very neat little model, but why is the squadron badge the wrong way round? The headsman should face forwards on both sides, and the colour is way too green for P.C.10. Plenty of scope for repainting and extra detailing here. The ship represented was an Austin-built SE flown by Lt. Joseph Boudwin of the 25th Aero Squadron. Standard British finish except for the insignia.
Flyzone, I echo the request for a Fokker D.VII of this quality; if you do one, please try to get the radiator shape right. From the front, it should have a semicircular top extending well down into the matrix, not a near-rectangular matrix surmounted by a shallow arc as on so many drawings and kits. Just look at photos of the real thing.
Welsh Dave is offline Find More Posts by Welsh Dave
Last edited by Welsh Dave; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:13 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,216 Posts
Finally got to maiden mine! And it was my very first airplane flight for 2013.

Flyzone Micro S.E.5a - Maiden Flight (My 1st Flight Of 2013!) (5 min 53 sec)
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old May 10, 2013, 04:40 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Dave View Post
Very neat little model, but why is the squadron badge the wrong way round? .
Because the Chinese are great with fire crackers....decals ...not so much...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2013, 09:27 AM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,074 Posts
I guess I'm late to the party!

I already have and LOVE the Playmate. Well this morning I got an e-mail from Tower that they are selling this for $39 (Tx-R). I also have a coupon for $10 off $50 so I'm looking to pad another $11 to essentially get "free shipping".

Does this baby need motor and/or gearbox replacements? I was thinking one of each to pad the order to get it to $50.

I did the same for my Playmate, ordering a motor/gearbox combo and some props and it turns out I didn't really need them as I don't beat on my planes.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:02 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,953 Posts
Erm.. look here:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLPZ&P=7

Few if ..Any... spares actually needed in my experiences.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare