SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2010, 06:45 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,035 Posts
All Things Flutter-By

Yes Dr. Who, thanks for the video at night. It is hard enough to do a video in the daylight, dusk to night, well that is really tough. Skeeters, they are nasty now. I know where that video was shot.
Earlier in this thread someone asked about size and such, so today I dug out the Flutter-By family and had my bride take some pictures of me, my Flutter-Bys and of course the Flutter-Duck.
I put them all together and you will see the results.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
As you all can see, I am hooked on Flutter-Bys.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; May 29, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: forgot a picture of one.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
Nice shirt, how did you get that

I like the bi w/ airbrakes, looks really fun.
Wrathchild is offline Find More Posts by Wrathchild
Old May 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Flutter-By owners can get the shirts...I plan to have some more made soon!
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By
Old May 29, 2010, 09:10 PM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Yes Dr. Who, thanks for the video at night. It is hard enough to do a video in the daylight, dusk to night, well that is really tough. Skeeters, they are nasty now. I know where that video was shot.
Earlier in this thread someone asked about size and such, so today I dug out the Flutter-By family and had my bride take some pictures of me, my Flutter-Bys and of course the Flutter-Duck.
I put them all together and you will see the results.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
As you all can see, I am hooked on Flutter-Bys.
Good gracious, Conehead... I just thought I was hooked on Flutter-By's.
You are the man! By the way... I just happened to be in Muncie for the maiden flight of the Flutter-Duck... it is awesome! Congrat's on owning the only one of its kind!
LtColBryan is offline Find More Posts by LtColBryan
Old May 29, 2010, 09:37 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,035 Posts
LtColBryan,
Well you are hooked like me. i love them, now I am thinking of just how much an IMAC one will be. I love that very large blue one, but one of those in Purple and the whole light treatment that Jack does.
Everyone thinks these are expensive, yet in 5 years I have flown these just about every place you can think of. I am like LtColBryan, I carry mine since I can pull it up in small places and when you do high alpha and hover it, people were amazed.
You have to know that I pestered Jack for what seemed like 2 years to get him to build the Duck. I have pictures of the one he has in his workshop, a different variation on the Duck I got. It too is an unique plane. That is Jack's and it hangs there for what I believe is to inspire Jack.
I love the shirt. Since I like unique aircraft, it fits me to a T, so to speak.
I also had a chance to fly my Seawind today off the lake. As soon as I can figure out floats for the Flutter-By, I will put floats on it and fly it off the lake. Today there were many people out on the lake, one of our first great holiday weekends in years here in Northern Michigan.
Now we need a Flutter-By convention so that we can set the Guness record Book of the most Flutter-Bys in the air at once.
Now wouldn't that be interesting.
Monday is breakfast at the TRAMPS field in Traverse City and I will go and take my Flutter-By's and fly at least one there, of course after putting away a few pancakes and such. I flew on an empty stomach this morning, but I don't make a habit of that.
Flutter-Bys Rock in my mind.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old May 30, 2010, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Conehead,

I was lucky enough to witness the maiden flight of "Big Blue!" What a sight! The neighbors probably thought they were witnessing an unadvertised solar eclipse when it flew over! I'll tell you something else... with the wind that was blowing that day, it wanted to keep flying! Awsome!

Ok... you have your Flutter-Duck. Now, if I can just get Jack to design and build a unique Flutter-By for this North Carolinian. I planted the seed several years ago, and I know it's in fertile ground, but it just hasn't sprouted yet. I want a Flutter-Bi with a double canard, and tail like the Wright Flyer, covered in tan covering. It will be called, "Flitty-Hawk, NC What cha think, Orin? Is it worth continued calls to IN to aggrivate him until he designs and builds it, or not?
Last edited by LtColBryan; Dec 08, 2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Orrin Syndrome
Old May 30, 2010, 11:34 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,035 Posts
Jack is a master builder. I am sure that with Jack, all things are possible. I truly believe that when Jack decides to do it, it will be done.
i am now truly smitten with an IMAC Flutter-By in Purple, so it can be called, either Flutter-By "Overcast" or Purple "Overcast" Flutter-By with the operative word, Overcast like HL used to describe the 12 foot Telemaster.
Your design or idea sounds just great. The joy of owning something unique is in and of itself a honor. To have someone build something for you first, is humbling.
Now and then scripture comes to mind, all things come to he who waits, or something like that. Jack will do it in time, the engineering takes time and patience, both of which are Jack's strong suit. Like the show once said, "Gentlemen we have the technology to re-build him", well Jack has the technology to build it.
It probably would be worth an email now and then to remind him and an occasional phone call to say, thank you for your effort. We probably would have to send some money to help defray the cost of materials also, always a nice gesture.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
I can see it now, in my mind's eye, awesome idea. Flitty-Hawk, NC, Big Purple also sounds great.
you know, now and then there are fools like us who are Flutter-By believers and nothing stops us from singing their praises.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old May 30, 2010, 05:33 PM
Muncie, IN
Joined May 2010
1 Posts
Flutter-By Review

I have owned my Flutter-By for almost 4 years and itís a great flyer. Simply said, If I could only keep one plane out of the 16 planes I currently own it would defiantly be the Flutter-By.

Mine has an E-flight Park 400 920KV Outrunner and NO itís not under-powered!

You see I actually own one so I can comment truthfully about its power and performance rather than speculate that itís under-powered. I have never regretted buying this plane!
highkv is offline Find More Posts by highkv
Old May 30, 2010, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highkv View Post
I have owned my Flutter-By for almost 4 years and itís a great flyer. Simply said, If I could only keep one plane out of the 16 planes I currently own it would defiantly be the Flutter-By.

Mine has an E-flight Park 400 920KV Outrunner and NO itís not under-powered!

You see I actually own one so I can comment truthfully about its power and performance rather than speculate that itís under-powered. I have never regretted buying this plane!
I agree with you completely, HighKV. When choosing a plane to fly from my hangar, I constantly find myself grabbing one of my Flutter-By's. They have never let me down in all the hours I've flown them. I cannot say that about any other plane I have ever owned. Like you, if I had to give up all my planes but one, a Flutter-By would be it!
Old May 30, 2010, 08:12 PM
VA
Joined Feb 2009
866 Posts
does anyone know what and where flutter bys are available
friz is offline Find More Posts by friz
Old May 30, 2010, 08:17 PM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
They are made to order by the designer Jack Frost. There are some more details about what options and the costs earlier in this thread. He makes your plane, test flies it, then packs it up for shipping.

jefsquared@gmail.com is his contact email address.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:41 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
They are made to order by the designer Jack Frost. There are some more details about what options and the costs earlier in this thread. He makes your plane, test flies it, then packs it up for shipping.

jefsquared@gmail.com is his contact email address.
Wrathchild, did you recognize the name of the Flutter-By Owner/Pilot from Charlotte that Flutter-By posted, or his photo I attached to an earlier post?
Last edited by LtColBryan; May 31, 2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old May 31, 2010, 07:50 PM
Joined Feb 2005
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
Check out the great review of the Flutter-By at the beginning of this thread. Information about the plane, purchasing details and contact information are all included in the review. Additional information and testimonials are posted throughout the tread by fellow Flutter-By owners/pilots.
Old May 31, 2010, 09:58 PM
Just above a newb
Fort Mill, SC
Joined Sep 2007
756 Posts
I don't recognize the name, and the photo was too small for me to really tell. I imagine I've met him before, most of the Charlotte area flyers visit other club fields now and then.
Old May 31, 2010, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Just a reminder...this thread is the result of a review of the Flutter-By done by Doctor Who at the beginning of this thread....if you have questions about the airplane please refer to the review first. If you still have questions then email me at: jefsquared@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jack
Flutter-By is offline Find More Posts by Flutter-By