HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
no do not have such scope.. counting from that said dot counter clockwise the 10th pin will be where the "plus" sign ??
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:22 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Yes, but this is a HUGE conjecture we are making. We are assuming that:-

1. The Berg4 and Berg7 use the same fundamental design
2. That they use the same MCU
3. That they use the same firmware
4. That the pin assignments are the same

I would feel a lot safer after verifying the signal with a scope (can you borrow one?). It would take only a minute to verify it on a scope. My advise is to do that before attempting to connecting anything as you risk damaging the receiver and the OSD. Having said that - the said pin 10 does not look like it is connected to power or ground so it could be a PWM pin, or a PPM pin if you are really lucky.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:37 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
i pm'ed you daniel..
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,569 Posts
So while bench testing with just the DOSD+ and Dragon Link Rx hooked up and DL Tx running (no vid Tx running yet) I get 9 sats indoors. HDOP 1.0

Home gets set,and after a few minutes it shows some crazy numbers like alt 2567 ft and LOS 3789?

Ok, so reset home and altitude floor, ALT and LOS go to zero, and after a few minutes the OSD shows some drift. Alt might be -29ft and LOS 62.

This is with everything just sitting on the bench. Is it normal to drift like that?

(sorry for the noobish ?'s. I have never used a OSD with GPS before....)

Thanks
Dale
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:09 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
Yes, upon initial lock the GPS will drift quite a bit. If you want the GPS to lock upon a more stringent position fix, lower the "Valid HDOP" setting in the menu. This is currently set to 2.30 which isn't very stringent but will facilitate getting a home fix more quickly. Setting it to 1.5, for example, will make the criteria more stringent and will take longer to get the initial fix but will also get a more accurate initial position so that you don't see as much "drift". If you use too stringent a value, such as 0.5, you will never get a position fix because the GPS will never get that kind of accuracy.

Once you do get a fix, it is normal to see some drifting depending on your location. If you are indoors, especially, you are more likely to see all kinds of drift. This is the state of current GPS technology unfortunately, unless you can afford some really high-end GPS units which can give you much better precision. Even then you need to be outdoors.) This is why there is the option to reset your position and altitude in the menu.

Daniel
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:32 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post

Home gets set,and after a few minutes it shows some crazy numbers like alt 2567 ft and LOS 3789?

Thanks
Dale
Dale,

What kind of GPS are you using ? Being that you are indoors on your bench, it is a little suprising that the GPS works at all, but it surely is not working well like that, which would explain the drift. I bet if you get it outside, it will work very well and not have huge drifts.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:24 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,569 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am using the GPS from FlyTron. http://www.flytron.com/15-damnvision-gps-module.html

It seems to be a quality unit.

I was surprised to get 9 sats indoors, it did take a while (5-10 minutes) to get that many.

If I move my hand near the GPS unit the sats quickly drop to 6-7 sats.

Yes, next test is outdoors, and then also with a vid Tx operating nearby.

We'll see how it goes......
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:50 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Quick question, what is the board's dimensions?
gobigkahuna is offline Find More Posts by gobigkahuna
Old Mar 28, 2010, 01:39 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigkahuna View Post
Quick question, what is the board's dimensions?
The answer to your question is 47mm X 25mm and the height from bottom of the board to the tips of the headers is 10mm. BTW Yours should be state side now..it's a matter of days until they arrive into your hands.

For the rest who is also receiving theirs soon, don't forget to read the literature put in place for you guys here: http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewforum.php?f=7 It will make your life so much easier and riding the Dragon will go smoothly from the start.

John
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 28, 2010, 02:12 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,742 Posts
Hey John,
Cant wait to get mine,the DL is on the way to you...
Thanks Gary
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Mar 28, 2010, 02:38 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
COOL!!! I will certainly update your DL with the latest!
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:28 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Thanks John, should fit with room to spare. How are people mounting these? I'll be mounting mine on a thin aluminum bracket. The compass will be mounted with posts, but the DOSD+ doesn't have mounting post holes. Any recommendations?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
gobigkahuna,

If you're not picky - try Blu-Tack. Easy to apply, easy to remove, and will hold everything in place nicely.

Daniel
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:43 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,236 Posts
can someone verify the ppm out on this CC berg7..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=194
daniel has said it may be the 10th pin, under the plus sign but without a scope we are uncertain.. maybe someone use this rx and can confirm..???
any suggestion?

thanks...
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
North Carolina
Joined Nov 2008
388 Posts
Thanks Daniel, I've never heard of Blu-Tack before. I'll see if I can't locate some.