HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:22 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Anyway, enjoy the servo, so far I've had good luck with them. .
I hope so my friend. I hope they treat me well.

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
efx: this guy has his fly mentor working nicely. I hope everything is going good with yours

Flymentor 3d and HK450 update with first nose in (11 min 38 sec)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,144 Posts
I just received my skyartec gyro servo combo in today to replace my assan gyro and my heli just spins. I tried adjusting it and nothing. What am I doing wrong. I'm thinking I may need a stronger servo. Idk.
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
I just received my skyartec gyro servo combo in today to replace my assan gyro and my heli just spins. I tried adjusting it and nothing. What am I doing wrong. I'm thinking I may need a stronger servo. Idk.
the gyro might be on reverse
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
the gyro might be on reverse
I didn't check that. The tail slider is going the right direction. When I get home ill check. Thanks
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I was just replying and hit something and everything went poof. In any case I'm just not having any luck setting this up no matter what I do. I have seen all his videos and the guy with a dsm radio. Forget what it is, but none of them uses the included gyro which I just opened and noticed that it has 3 gyros in one. So using your own gyro really doesn't do anything and just acts like there is not flymentor. Well you may have it, but it really won't do anything from looking at it. I'll add the pictures in a bit.

Quote:
efx: this guy has his fly mentor working nicely. I hope everything is going good with yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-JwO1xTUE
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,026 Posts
I have been searching for you on this flymentor thing and only a few people got it setup . A few people had defective units from hobby king , and some said it is very tricky to setup .

I hate to say this but (and i don't like saying this ) you may have better luck going "flybarless" . There , are you happy now .You made me say a bad word
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Haha...well my flybarless heli and my flybared heli are flying so nice that I will keep using them. You know what, I did a search a while back too, not much either, but I was starting to wonder if my unit was also bad. That's where I got it and I got the last one. This is why I also wanted to start a thread on it. I may need to get this returned and not bother with it since I haven't even flown that thing. I don't know if it's bad, but I just can't get it working no matter what I do. I have already set up those other helis so I got an idea of how to set things up. The flybarless is a bit too sensitive I think, but I guess you can never learn until you try it. In my case just keep practicing on it until I crash or learn. LOL

Also what was defective on them? The gyro looks fine, I haven't opened the main box.

Oh by the way, HK does't have parts for the flybarles kit I got, so once it's gone, it will be gone for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I have been searching for you on this flymentor thing and only a few people got it setup . A few people had defective units from hobby king , and some said it is very tricky to setup .

I hate to say this but (and i don't like saying this ) you may have better luck going "flybarless" . There , are you happy now .You made me say a bad word
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:00 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Haha...well my flybarless heli and my flybared heli are flying so nice that I will keep using them. You know what, I did a search a while back too, not much either, but I was starting to wonder if my unit was also bad. That's where I got it and I got the last one. This is why I also wanted to start a thread on it. I may need to get this returned and not bother with it since I haven't even flown that thing. I don't know if it's bad, but I just can't get it working no matter what I do. I have already set up those other helis so I got an idea of how to set things up. The flybarless is a bit too sensitive I think, but I guess you can never learn until you try it. In my case just keep practicing on it until I crash or learn. LOL
I was hoping you would be able to get it going. Can you imagine a 250 hover without any hands! That would of been the first. anyways good luck with your 250 efx. I hope you get it going
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:01 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Look at the second post pitchp, someone did get it working on the 250. I don't know who that is though.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790497
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Look at the second post pitchp, someone did get it working on the 250. I don't know who that is though.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790497
nice!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
efx i'm a bit confused with cruzroy's setup. he has a 3 axis gyro, but he is using the gp750 gyro for the tail? did i miss something here. is that an option for the flymentor? to use your own gyro for the tail??
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:23 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You can use your own gyro, but I think that takes out the other two functions as there are 3 piezo gyros in the flymentor gyro. Well at least it looks like that from the pictures I just took of it. So although you can use your own, I think at that point your just bypassing the flymentor. That's my guess, if not why would there be 3 piezo gyros in that one gyro. Just makes no sense even though many have done that. Maybe I should do that just to see if that box even works. I noticed that my gear switch works no matter what setting I use on the gain, low or high, the only thing on the low side is that the light won't turn green, but the tail servo still moves to one side when I hit the switch which makes it even more confusing to me.

Quote:
efx i'm a bit confused with cruzroy's setup. he has a 3 axis gyro, but he is using the gp750 gyro for the tail? did i miss something here. is that an option for the flymentor? to use your own gyro for the tail??
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:31 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
You can use your own gyro, but I think that takes out the other two functions as there are 3 piezo gyros in the flymentor gyro. Well at least it looks like that from the pictures I just took of it. So although you can use your own, I think at that point your just bypassing the flymentor. That's my guess, if not why would there be 3 piezo gyros in that one gyro. Just makes no sense even though many have done that. Maybe I should do that just to see if that box even works. I noticed that my gear switch works no matter what setting I use on the gain, low or high, the only thing on the low side is that the light won't turn green, but the tail servo still moves to one side when I hit the switch which makes it even more confusing to me.
yeah it seems like cruzroy uses other gyros with his flymentor. In this video he is using the gy401 gyro. So perhaps it might work if you use another gyro with your flymentor?? Because it seems to work with cruzroy??

Quick super Learner with KDS Flymentor (5 min 1 sec)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:57 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I think I saw that one a while back since that's what I was hoping to use the flymentor for. In any case I still can't watch his intros. That music just comes at you at the wrong times. He seems like a nice guy, but I just can't take his video intros. Anyway I decided to just take out the flymentor and open tha main box. I just added the new pictures for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy. I haven't seen any of the internal pictures of this from anyone so there you go. Just go to the thread I posted above.
RCG Plus Member