Oct 13, 2012, 12:46 AM
Defender of the park sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
Yes and when I ran up the stock power system on a wattmeter I got 44 amps. I guess they couldn't find a 44A ESC to put in there, so they gave you a whole one amp of headroom "on the house"...
I got about the same too static, but it might be some wierd rating thing... seems bad but it will happily fly full throttle on a 30C 2800mah 4S as long as you want.
I'm guessing in the air once on step, it's well below 40 amps.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 08:00 AM
advanced n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
PM me your address, you can have it when I pull it. I might get one more flight or two from it...
pm sent. thanks!
Oct 14, 2012, 07:28 AM
Herk pilot emeritus
I got my 3600 4S batteries in the mail, and they work out just right for fit and CG. I position the 3600 all the way to the back of the battery compartment (until it touches the "V"-shaped back side) for correct CG, just like I had the 3300 when the more lightweight stock power system was in the back. It's nice that I can use bigger batteries with no weight on the tail needed for CG. When I had the same power system in the Habu, I had to put an ounce of lead on the tail to balance, even with the 3300....because the bifurcated intake design of the Habu was more restrictive.

And since I will be using three different battery sizes, I cut down the aft one of those molded-in battery compartment obstructions to the floor, and put stickyback velcro on the floor. Plus I installed a second battery strap. So I don't have to hassle with different-sized chunks of foam to restrain different batteries.

I glued the sidewinders on, and glassed the bottom fins, thinking that would protect against scrapes when tipping. Unfortunately, it didn't. I had a problem with tipping on one takeoff, after one main wheel got knocked a little askew on the previous landing...and the asphalt scraped right thru the glass job! I should have just imbedded some lite ply skids in the bottom fins instead of glassing.
Last edited by herk1; Oct 14, 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: added photo
Oct 14, 2012, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know where to get some of the ChangeSun retract parts like the metal worm gear and the metal trunnion?

Had a little spill the other day and landed on gear pretty hard...

thx in advance for any input
Oct 14, 2012, 10:53 AM
Here in Canada is starting to get cold....put a few packs yesterday and today before closing the season.
E
Oct 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Does anyone know where to get some of the ChangeSun retract parts like the metal worm gear and the metal trunnion?

Had a little spill the other day and landed on gear pretty hard...

thx in advance for any input
ERH - I'm sure I've got one you can have. Was thinking of flying Monday after work at Gtrcc. If you're interested, pm me and Ill toss one in the flight box.
Andy
Oct 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
ERH - I'm sure I've got one you can have. Was thinking of flying Monday after work at Gtrcc. If you're interested, pm me and Ill toss one in the flight box.
Andy
Cool!

...thx
Oct 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earaoz View Post
Here in Canada is starting to get cold....put a few packs yesterday and today before closing the season.
E
What a nice lookin model, really nice looking pics...

The only think I'd change about it is to lower the stance relative to the full scale model

I really like scaling out 70mm models and there's little that has to be done to this model to make it look like a full scale with some good angled pics
Oct 15, 2012, 07:59 PM
Put a few flights in this afternoon, taking advantage of some great weather. Fantastic flying jet. Just amazing. Eflite retracts were flawless.

Was there someone on the stock power system flying on zippy 4s 2800's? I seem to remember reading here that someone was running them? I've got 2 with Dean's plugs that I'm no longer using that are only 2-3 months old. Make someone a deal if they want them.
Oct 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
Defender of the park sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Put a few flights in this afternoon, taking advantage of some great weather. Fantastic flying jet. Just amazing. Eflite retracts were flawless.

Was there someone on the stock power system flying on zippy 4s 2800's? I seem to remember reading here that someone was running them? I've got 2 with Dean's plugs that I'm no longer using that are only 2-3 months old. Make someone a deal if they want them.
That would be me, but I'm switching power systems and bought a couple Turnigy Nano-tech 2650's to do the job.
I'll probably still use the zippy's for scale flights though, pretty happy with the batteries but to be honest I don't really believe they are true 30C... close enough though. I'm going to test and see if they sag too much or work with the CS10 fan and 2800kv motor. Initial readings with that fan for me aren't as drastically different from a 5 blade like everyone says for some reason. Maybe it's the zippy's holding things back. Not sure yet.
For anyone running stockish power though they certainly do the job. Got a lot of use out mine and work just like new.
Oct 16, 2012, 09:35 AM
Lance
Dang I was about to get this in kit version w/ retracts for $130 on nitro's site - now they just jacked the price up to $190. Anyone know who else sells the kit? I can get the kit w/out retracts for $85 - they're proud of the gear I guess...
Oct 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
That would be me, but I'm switching power systems and bought a couple Turnigy Nano-tech 2650's to do the job.
I'll probably still use the zippy's for scale flights though, pretty happy with the batteries but to be honest I don't really believe they are true 30C... close enough though. I'm going to test and see if they sag too much or work with the CS10 fan and 2800kv motor. Initial readings with that fan for me aren't as drastically different from a 5 blade like everyone says for some reason. Maybe it's the zippy's holding things back. Not sure yet.
For anyone running stockish power though they certainly do the job. Got a lot of use out mine and work just like new.

I agree about the C rating. I don't think they're 30 either. But a pretty good battery and great weight and size-fit-wise. Let us know what you get out of that CS10. I'd be interested.
Thanks!
Oct 16, 2012, 12:47 PM
advanced n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwalton View Post
Dang I was about to get this in kit version w/ retracts for $130 on nitro's site - now they just jacked the price up to $190. Anyone know who else sells the kit? I can get the kit w/out retracts for $85 - they're proud of the gear I guess...
i think thats their way of coaxing you into their electronics. I noticed the Mig15 at one time was 60 for the kit and 40 for retracts and struts...but it was 145 for the kit....why not just add them to the cart separately and get it for 100...may want to check the arts section and see if it would work that way with this plane too.

*** i just checked,, they want 35 for retracts and the struts are out of stock...they are not 110 retracts thats for damn sure! i like mine and all but c'mon!
Oct 17, 2012, 04:38 AM
advanced n00b
Anyone ever try putting the landing hook on theirs? Then you could do show passes like this one...
Oct 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
Defender of the park sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
Anyone ever try putting the landing hook on theirs? Then you could do show passes like this one...
Pfff, I could do that. If I had retracts and 30,000lbs of thrust!

Quick Reply