HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2005
38 Posts
Alert
Wobbling xrb

I have had my xrb for about one month and love it. I recently had a very good crash and broke the tail and the fake engine. I super glued everything together like I have done in the past but now the heli wants to wobble when it is hovering. I have look everything over that I cant think of I do not think anything is bent because it will hover perfect for about 3 seconds before it starts to wobble. Could it be that it was not glued back perfect and it throwing off the center of balance. My blade balancer broke but it broke a week ago and I have been flying on unbalance blades and have never had a problem before. Any sugestions

thanks
alf1096 is offline Find More Posts by alf1096
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:38 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
I would still think the blades are the problem. I would fix or replace the balancer or buy a cheap scale and weigh them to get them equal. You rechecked the blade tracking after the crash I assume?
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:08 PM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
Correct link for Hirobo XRB FAQ

imho and personal experience, most xrb problems are not complicated...and sometimes they mysteriously go away by themselves...but here's the best advice i can give you...

Originally Posted by VRP
Try this:

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0.../troubleQA.htm
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Last edited by kenhiraihnl; Apr 24, 2005 at 11:26 PM. Reason: link is corrupted
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:24 PM
Got toys?
pearl city, hi
Joined Feb 2005
714 Posts
something wrong with the previous link...don't know what happened...try this...

http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0.../troubleQA.htm
kenhiraihnl is offline Find More Posts by kenhiraihnl
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
check the link on the flybar/stabalizer I bet its not snapped in place
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:56 AM
Joe
Baltimore, Md USA
Joined Jan 2005
14 Posts
Make sure the blades aren't too tight. I've cured the swirlies by loosening the blade bolts. I keep mine loose enough that you can move them with light finger pressure. That and the addition of laminated blades has allowed me to wack many things without breakage.
fjbrady is offline Find More Posts by fjbrady
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:22 AM
Auburn, CA
Joined Jan 2005
76 Posts
I had a similar problem to alf1096 - XRB would pop up into a relatively stable hover and then as soon as any forward or yaw motion was introduced it would go into an uncontrollable wobble.

I eventually cured this by swapping out the (well balanced, tracked and undamaged) A (top) blades... I did see mention somewhere that sometimes a pair of A and B blades will not co-exist well and that the only option is the swap in different components.

Having fixed the wobble I was still having problems with more vibration that I was happy with. Top stabiliser fly-bar looked a little bent, but not easy to straighted manually. Replaced this today and cured a lot of the vibes.

Who knows, perhaps the combo of a bent stab-bar and a pair of maverick blades is a terminal wobble in a bottle...
NelsonHaHa is offline Find More Posts by NelsonHaHa
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:14 PM
Joined Mar 2005
38 Posts
Thanks for all of the advice I will consider all of it but will not be able to try any on it untill this weekend thanks
alf1096 is offline Find More Posts by alf1096
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:41 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
638 Posts
Is this servo new?
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech