HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:13 PM
United States, TN, Mt Juliet
Joined Sep 2013
102 Posts
Discussion
Setting up hk250gt

Long story short started with a blade msr, got a cp pro 2, got bummed cause it didn't fly well. Came back year later with msr x, now ordered hk250gt. Does anyone have a diagram or something showing which servos control what. I can fly the msr x well this is my first time setting up a kit heli. Just can't figure out which servo goes to wiphich channel and what not. Any help appreciated.
frankisawombat is offline Find More Posts by frankisawombat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:19 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
4,176 Posts
I think it will depend on your radio, but the way mine is set up, the front top
servo is Ch6, the bottom front is Ch1, and the rear elevator is Ch2.

You should ask someone who has the same radio, but I have always managed
to get my CP's working on my own, after playing musical servo plugs.

Just make sure the motor is unplugged while you are trying
different combinations, and the linkage is unhooked from the servo horns,
so you don't dead-head a servo and toast the gears.

There is a huge thread for this bird here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=hk250gt

I'm sure the guys there would be happy to help, but be sure to read the review and first
10 or so pages first, to avoid asking silly questions.

They are great helicopters, but very fast and agile. The high head speed means you cannot
crash or clip anything at all without doing extensive damage. The blades are known to stick
into walls if they let go, and will easily imbed themselves deep into flesh.

Double check every metal to metal joint for thread locker, especially the blade grips.

Order some spare blade grips, feathering shafts, and skids - and hold off on the CF blades
until you get used to the wicked performance.

Also pick up the Align belt, anything else is garbage. Eventually you will want to pick up the
Align tail assembly & boom, and the HK swashplate is known to be a problem spot as well.

Don't worry too much about the slop in the HK tail assembly to start. When it's loaded
(in flight) it removes the slop, as there is constant pressure on the assembly, unless
doing completely insane 3D maneuvers.

Properly set up, these things decimate a 450 as far as agility and response is concerned.

Be warned, these are no joke, and will take off a digit before you can blink.

Don't let the small size fool you.

Take your time, make sure everything fits right, and do lots of reading - you should be fine.

Happy flying !!
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Oct 06, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2013, 08:28 AM
Joined Sep 2013
102 Posts
I'm using the stock radio from the blade cp pro 2. In the process of working for cash to get a dx6i. So. It should be fun. I have some plasti-blades that should fit it. Thanks! I plan on thread locking every metal to metal. And buying a new feathering shaft.
Old Oct 07, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankisawombat View Post
Long story short started with a blade msr, got a cp pro 2, got bummed cause it didn't fly well. Came back year later with msr x, now ordered hk250gt. Does anyone have a diagram or something showing which servos control what. I can fly the msr x well this is my first time setting up a kit heli. Just can't figure out which servo goes to wiphich channel and what not. Any help appreciated.
If you Google Trex 250 manual and get on the Helifreak site you'll be able to download a 250 manual in pdf. It's basically the same as the HK250GT and is a big help with setting it up. Good luck and good flying.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Oct 07, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Sep 2013
102 Posts
Thanks! I looked at it! Still waiting for it to come in though. Silly china, y u so far away!!!
Old Oct 09, 2013, 04:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,292 Posts
hi mate I read this is your first kit you need to change feathering shaft and belt put the align 250 ones in it .... this link may help
How to Completely Setup A CCPM Helicopter DX6i & OrangeRX (50 min 53 sec)
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Oct 09, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Sep 2013
102 Posts
I've seen that. It's an hour long! Maybe when I get bored. And yes I've already got those parts in order
Old Oct 09, 2013, 07:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,292 Posts
don't watch it all just part on servo setup lol
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Oct 09, 2013, 10:24 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankisawombat View Post
With spectrum the channel's are. 1 throttle, 2 aile. , 3 ele. , 4 rudd. , 5 gear, 6 aux1. with helicopters channel 5 is used for the gyro gain. You will be very limited with that radio ( HP6DSM ) it's not programmable and only has dip switches for any changes if I remember right I had the SR version for the blade SR . I went straight to my dx7 never even put batteries in the HP6DSM-SR . It's a big jump from the MSRX to the 250 trying to use a non computer radio Your best bet would be to hold off till you get the dx6i and can build it right. Good luck
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Oct 10, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Sep 2013
102 Posts
Thanks Skyeblu. I did pretty well with cp pro 2 and by the time I the heli shows up at the doorstep, I should have a dx6i. God knows when it'll be here with all the shipping problems. Thanks though!