Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:06 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
NFZ was a perfect example of proclaiming yourself an expert and getting people to believe you actually know what you are talking about. Its fairly easy to tell from his posts that he didn't have a clue what he was talking about 99% of the time. A good portion of his stuff was a copy and paste job and then tried to pass off as his own information. Towards the end he had made some personal attacks directed towards me that I could have reported ( I didn't) and then did an about face and started trying to suck up and be friends with me. I think he was hoping I wouldn't report the posts and get him even more points.

A simple easy to follow rule online is if somebody proclaims them self an expert odds are they are full of . The true experts don't need to proclaim anything their posts speak for them.
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belem View Post
I'd take NFZ over Muro any day of the week.
Well I just canceled your vote. Frank has done much more with a much better attitude. Such is my experience.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:06 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,903 Posts
Indeed much much more

Lock edit, unlock edit, lock edt, shift edit lock apparently equates to fact.

Hance I would agree with your statement except for the following; There is no such thing as truly knowing someone who you think you know online one way or the other, even if you have been around online a long time. I know first hand some of your opinion is not correct. But you will just have to take my word for that .

Mark
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:03 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
And I'll side with Hance. NFZ was a troll and a PITA. Well-voted off the island.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:07 AM
Dickinson, Tx.
Joined Sep 2004
5,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I do recall that he was banned for being a troll and there was also a lengthy thread about it at the time. Frank
I thought he was also banned for having a sock account along with troll-ing?

Challenger413
Challenger 413 is online now Find More Posts by Challenger 413
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:18 AM
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b View Post
So NFZ didn't care for Frank, yes I could see that. Frank pisses me off sometimes too. I dunno why NFZ was kicked off the board, but I miss the guy. I learned a lot from him, and from Flying Beagle, who was his friend as well, and also saddened by his departure.

As to NFZ spouting off about things he didn't know -- well again, I never noticed that. Matter of fact there were occasions when I'd pose a question and he'd respond with, "I just don't know."

But it's seriously rude and nasty to speak ill of someone who's been kicked off a public forum. They've got no chance to defend themselves. Just let it be.
rafe,
I agree. I will not speak to how he has interacted with me or others but I have found his how-to blogs to be well written and very informative.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1

Some people have axes to grind and cannot let it go.

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:59 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
If paraphrasing other people and claiming the ideas for your own makes you well written and informative then I guess chuckie is well written and informative. If you read some of his posts outside his well written "guides" it is obvious he didn't have a clue.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:06 PM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
If you read some of his posts outside his well written "guides" it is obvious he didn't have a clue.
Expert opinion?

Quote:
A simple easy to follow rule online is if somebody proclaims them self an expert odds are they are full of . The true experts don't need to proclaim anything their posts speak for them.
Cheers. Mark
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:22 PM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Expert opinion?

Cheers. Mark
Educated opinion from someone that has spent many years moderating computer hardware forums.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:35 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,146 Posts
NFZ posted mostly on the beginner board and a ton in the supercub thread. He helped a lot of new fliers (myself included) when they didn't know squat. How many of the guys throwing stones have profiles that show they spend the bulk of their time helping newcommers?
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:45 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,532 Posts
Quote:
How many of the guys throwing stones have profiles that show they spend the bulk of their time helping newcommers?
Myself, for one.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:46 AM
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
751 Posts
Quote:
Educated opinion from someone that has spent many years moderating computer hardware forums.
Hance,
While I respect your opinion, it is one that is not shared by all. I have no doubt that you and others have experienced bad interactions with him. I have to ask however what purpose does it serve to bash someone that cannot defend themselves in a thread such as this? Is this the kind of behavior you would tolerate in your computer hardware forums?

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:38 AM
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk View Post
Hance,
While I respect your opinion, it is one that is not shared by all. I have no doubt that you and others have experienced bad interactions with him. I have to ask however what purpose does it serve to bash someone that cannot defend themselves in a thread such as this? Is this the kind of behavior you would tolerate in your computer hardware forums?

Regards
Frank
This thread was started asking for noflyzones return and I was stating the reasons he shouldn't return.

I am no longer a moderator there just to make sure we are on the same page, I stepped down when I felt like I wasn't able to devote enough time to the job to do it the proper way. The moderators of each forum were responsible to quickly scan all the new threads each day and take care of problems as they arose. There was also a report button like there is on RCG but it usually only got used to report spammers. Just having active moderation like that kept problems to a minimum because the members knew we were watching.

The moderators here waiting for somebody to click the report post button is a very poor system in my opinion. When the moderators are active members/posters in the forums you learn peoples posting style and learn how to spot the trouble makers quickly. Noflyzone is one of several members here that set off my trouble maker alarm from the first time I ever read one of their posts. Knowing someones posting style allows you to evaluate the post in the context that it was posted in. Any single post might not cross the line but a pattern emerges of people constantly getting little digs in on people here and there. Those are the posters that cause problems for everyone.

The LTUP forum basically wasn't moderated. The forum was opt in by request only and it had to be approved by one of the admins. We didn't allow adult photos if you know what I mean, or links to download illegal material. Other than that anything was fair game. If you wanted to call someone a stupid rotten miserable you could do it. That forum is way more civil than LTUP is here, it self moderated and the trolls got ran off in real short order.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:59 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
And I'll side with Hance. NFZ was a troll and a PITA. Well-voted off the island.

--Bill
Good to be in agreement. I agree with you and Hance completely.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Closed Thread