New Zealand
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Mini-Review
HSP 94246 1/24 2.4G 4WD Remote Control Monster Truck

Model: HSP 94246 1/24 2.4G 4WD Remote Control Monster Truck
BG product code: SKU158566
Manufacturer: hspracing.com
(there are probaby some other online vendors as well)
Disclaimer: Purchased from Banggood, with my own money. No freebies for me...

First impressions:
OK I admit it, I just bought this little truck based on its looks! The colours and design are very fetching. This is not a cheap RC toy, it's a quality hobby-grade product. Out of the box, its top speed is around 25 km/h (16 mph), possibly more? Compared to a similar model (redcat sumo), the HSP 94246 has lighter components but they are higher quality. It runs very smoothly (no strange noises), the proportional steering responds exactly, suspension is nice and soft, the 4WD wheels roll nicely.

The car is very easy to drive and obeys your inputs precisely. It would make a great gift for a child aged 5 or above. It's small, safe to use and not crazy fast.

Controller
The 2.4GHz "pistol-grip" controller works fine, but be careful loading the 4xAA batteries. Don't unscrew anything!! Just push the slider up and pull the end piece off... it's a bit weird but it works.

Binding
The binding process was easy, but the "off / on" switch isn't on the ESC (error in the manual), it's under the chassis, by the battery compartment. The manual lists some complicated steps but most people won't need that. Try the factory settings first. The bind never dropped its connection when I was driving.

Battery
The battery is a 220 maH (Ni-mH 4.8V) but I haven't measured the run time yet. The battery arrived completely flat! I think someone in the factory left the car switched 'on'! I stuck it on the charger for 3 hours and it seems to hold its charge OK now. It has a Losi Micro-T connector but it seems the polarity is reversed from some other batteries! A Lipo battery might work here, with a careful mod (e.g. SKU097373, 4.2V, 500mAH).

The battery is tightly jammed into its compartment - it's damn hard to prise off the lid. No screws in it, but you'll need a screwdriver anyway to lever it off. It's a potential breaking point.

Manual
Simply the best manual for ANY RC product I have seen, (and I have dozens). It's printed on a big sheet of glossy paper, in good (not perfect) English. Binding instruction is a bit misleading (see above). Maintenance and troubleshooting sections are good. A high level circuit diagram is included. There's a FULL assembly guide in detail with photos! There's a FULL parts list with photos! Also, 17 optional upgrade components are listed. Also, there's a FULL assembly view (exploded diagram) showing how it all fits together. This will make repairs a cinch. The only drawback is, where do I get these parts?!

NOT shown: assembly of the remote controller, detailed circuit diagrams.
Download here: http://ibuyrc.com/manual/68C03-68C09-68C07.pdf

Conclusion
I think the car needs a bit more power & speed, in order to do wheelies, flips, doughnuts. I am sure that time will test its robustness. I hope that Banggood will supply parts soon!!

Footage:
HSP 94246 1/24 2.4G 4WD Remote Control Monster Truck - Banggood.com (1 min 1 sec)

HSP 1/24 scale Monster Truck doing carpet jumps (0 min 28 sec)
kumara.kid is offline Find More Posts by kumara.kid
Last edited by kumara.kid; Nov 18, 2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: minor correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:52 PM
uber noober
New Zealand
Joined Nov 2013
28 Posts
Vendors and Upgrades

AsiaTees
Parts List
Links to available Parts

NitroRCX

Identical models are "MicroX 68C03, 68C09, 68C07"
Spare batteries and parts

Full manual: http://ibuyrc.com/manual/68C03-68C09-68C07.pdf

Lipo conversion:
Losi Micro 1/24 SCT Lipo 2cell 350mah Battery Conversion HD (2 min 19 sec)

And other mods...
1/24 Micro X Racing truck pt1 (9 min 39 sec)
kumara.kid is offline Find More Posts by kumara.kid
Last edited by kumara.kid; Nov 12, 2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: tidy up