HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:37 PM
United States, CO, Broomfield
Joined Jun 2005
364 Posts
Zenmu

If anyone is looking for a GH4. I have a brand new one still in the box which I will sell for hundreds under retail.
VintageSlots is online now Find More Posts by VintageSlots
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:47 AM
Joined Jul 2010
26 Posts
z15 5D HD Dual operator not working

I have been using the S1000 with a Lightbridge and running a dual setup with the Y-cord into a 14SG (Red jack) and a T6J (black). This has worked fine but the constraints of the cords and the not very high quality trainer plugs has led me to change over to a 2 receiver setup.
Seems silly to spend all that money on high tech goodies and then still be tethered to the Lightbridge controller.

I removed the D-bus connector from the A2 into the Lightbridge.

Setup the A2 with the 14SG, selected DR16 mode in the assistant.

Verified that works perfect. All modes work and the S1000 flies fine.

Hooked up the Futaba R2006 S-FHSS receiver that came with the 6J to the GCU of the Zen and when I plug in the ship, the gimbal calibrates and goes into the standard follow me mode but I have no control of it.
I have verified each channel on the receiver is outputting a signal by connecting a servo to each one of them.
When I hook up the USB into the GCU and open the GB assistant it shows each channel that is connected and it's position but nothing moves on the graphic sliders when I wiggles sticks or flip switches.
If I unplug the USB and put switches in different positions and then plug the USB back into the GCU, it will show these new positions.?????????
Does it not like the S-FHSS format of the 6J receiver?
Do I need to turn something on in another assistant?
I checked the mapping in the Lightbridge and all channels show unmapped.
Mapping in the A2 only shows the channels active on the 14SG.

Thanks for any insight.
Freyapilot2002 is offline Find More Posts by Freyapilot2002
Old Dec 23, 2014, 03:36 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,253 Posts
I'm a little confused. Are you using ligtbridge to control your copter? Or a Futaba Rx?

If it's the latter, I was under the impression that the LB output would swamp any receiver that's onboard and that would lead to signal loss and failure.

I would guess that the next best way to un-tether is to:
1) Control the aircraft with Lightbridge; and
2) Use a second ligtbridge slave for your Cam-op; and
3) Use 5.8ghz Tx or a 433MHz Tx to control your cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyapilot2002 View Post
I have been using the S1000 with a Lightbridge and running a dual setup with the Y-cord into a 14SG (Red jack) and a T6J (black). This has worked fine but the constraints of the cords and the not very high quality trainer plugs has led me to change over to a 2 receiver setup.
Seems silly to spend all that money on high tech goodies and then still be tethered to the Lightbridge controller.

I removed the D-bus connector from the A2 into the Lightbridge.

Setup the A2 with the 14SG, selected DR16 mode in the assistant.

Verified that works perfect. All modes work and the S1000 flies fine.

Hooked up the Futaba R2006 S-FHSS receiver that came with the 6J to the GCU of the Zen and when I plug in the ship, the gimbal calibrates and goes into the standard follow me mode but I have no control of it.
I have verified each channel on the receiver is outputting a signal by connecting a servo to each one of them.
When I hook up the USB into the GCU and open the GB assistant it shows each channel that is connected and it's position but nothing moves on the graphic sliders when I wiggles sticks or flip switches.
If I unplug the USB and put switches in different positions and then plug the USB back into the GCU, it will show these new positions.?????????
Does it not like the S-FHSS format of the 6J receiver?
Do I need to turn something on in another assistant?
I checked the mapping in the Lightbridge and all channels show unmapped.
Mapping in the A2 only shows the channels active on the 14SG.

Thanks for any insight.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2014, 02:07 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
I'm a little confused. Are you using ligtbridge to control your copter? Or a Futaba Rx?

If it's the latter, I was under the impression that the LB output would swamp any receiver that's onboard and that would lead to signal loss and failure.

I would guess that the next best way to un-tether is to:
1) Control the aircraft with Lightbridge; and
2) Use a second ligtbridge slave for your Cam-op; and
3) Use 5.8ghz Tx or a 433MHz Tx to control your cam
Correct, it is not recommended to another 2.4 system as a control link with the LB. This can cause very bad things to happen
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:16 AM
Joined Jul 2010
26 Posts
Holy cow, totally didn't remember that. Thank you for the blast of reality. Knew better, just wasn't thinking.
I will leave it with the wired setup.
Freyapilot2002 is offline Find More Posts by Freyapilot2002
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Joined Apr 2014
72 Posts
GH4 Remote Shutter not working - FIXED!

I posted this in another thread but from reading other issues in this thread, I feel it is entirely applicable...

I found the problem with my remote shutter not working with my GH4. The GCU firmware 2.2 apparently has a bug. I rolled back to GCU 1.8 and the remote shutter on the GH4 works perfectly. I then upgraded back to 2.2 and the shutter would not work. I rolled back again, and the shutter worked. I did this roll back and upgrade one more time just to be sure. Same result...

Another user here in the forum with the same problem told me that the problem was with the GCU 2.2 firmware and that he was able to roll back to 1.8 and it fixed the problem. So I tried it myself, and sure enough, it worked... however, he also informed me that he attempted to upgrade to 2.2 after rolling back to 1.8.. and after unsuccessfully upgrading to 2.2 with a working remote shutter, he did the rollback and upgrade 2 more times and eventually the remote shutter worked on 2.2. If blade strike or Tahoe Ed is reading this, please pass on to DJI tech support. This is a real problem... Has anyone else experienced this as well?

btw, all my firmware on the gimbal had been up-to-date... firmware versions as follows:
IMU - 1.6
CMU - 1.0
HD-AV - 1.18
GH4 - 2.0

GCU firmware is now at 1.8 until a new firmware is released that resolves this issue... One thought occurred to me... I'm running firmware version 2.0 on the GH4. This is a recent update from Panasonic. It made me wonder if the reason most folks out there using the GH4 aren't experiencing this same issue because they haven't updated to 2.0 on the GH4 and perhaps there is a conflict between the GCU firmware 2.2 and the GH4 firmware 2.0...
srandall25 is online now Find More Posts by srandall25
Last edited by srandall25; Yesterday at 10:28 PM.