HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I have not yet come across a Syma S107 without the throttle return. Where did you get yours? Do you think it is a real one?

Some people like to remove the spring. Sounds like you're one of them. I tried it, but I didn't like it, so I re-installed it. Funny thing is, I fly everything else without the spring. For some reasons, I just prefer to have it with the Symas. There is no rhyme or reason for it.
Amazon. I think it's real, how would I tell?
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
well after a hard day of letting a buddy of mine fly my heli it now has flight issues.
She want to fly very fast in forward motion.
I had changed the battery a year or so ago which changed the cg, so she would drift slowy forward.
But now she flys very fast forward with now stick given.
my batt pack has not moved and the inner shaft doesn't seem bent but there appears to be a bit of slop on the shaft.
Any ideals
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplumb View Post
Amazon. I think it's real, how would I tell?
Well, I've said it quite a few times here in this forum, Amazon sells both real and fake S107s, depending which seller you hooked up with. Start by going to Your Orders page, look at your S107 order, and tell us it is "Sold by:" whom. I might be able to recognize it right away. If not, send us a few detail pictures of your S107, esp the internals, and we'll let you know.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
well after a hard day of letting a buddy of mine fly my heli it now has flight issues.
She want to fly very fast in forward motion.
I had changed the battery a year or so ago which changed the cg, so she would drift slowy forward.
But now she flys very fast forward with now stick given.
my batt pack has not moved and the inner shaft doesn't seem bent but there appears to be a bit of slop on the shaft.
Any ideals
Congratulations! People have been trying all sorts of mods to get faster FFF. Your buddy just did that for you! LOL. What's the problem?

Well, if it flies very fast forward with no stick given, the first obvious question is: Is the tail rotor spinning by itself? Could you have a short, and the motor is stuck on?

If the answer is no, then the next likely thing is that CG did shift forward. I'm not sure how, because you already said that the battery has not moved. Could it be the tail fin has fallen off?

I doubt very much that the shaft was bent, because instead of going forward, it will be vibrating like crazy. Some kind of slop or play on the shaft will let it move up/down - not an apparent reason to fly forward.

Since the S107 has no swash plate and the pitch is fixed. It has to be a re-distribution of weight. See if you could spot one. Otherwise, send video/pic. I'd like to see how fast it is going.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
IF anyone wants to become an expert in telling Real/Fake S107 apart, you should take a minute to review this old thread of counterfeit S107. As Christmas is getting close, helicopters are gonna be everywhere. Be an educated and informed buyer and do not buy Fakes!!!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Well, I've said it quite a few times here in this forum, Amazon sells both real and fake S107s, depending which seller you hooked up with. Start by going to Your Orders page, look at your S107 order, and tell us it is "Sold by:" whom. I might be able to recognize it right away. If not, send us a few detail pictures of your S107, esp the internals, and we'll let you know.
My red one came from Egrandbuy Inc.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplumb View Post
My red one came from Egrandbuy Inc.
Blue one came from Tenergy corperation. Great I was unaware of the fakes. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is not real. The red one came in a nicer package with styrofoam. The blue ones box look cheaper. I haven't opened the blue one. How is this legal?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
OK I found the problem. a broken pin that goes into the upper. blade holder.
Now to find the part.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Iplumb, I have bought from both of these sellers, and they are on my approved list. Now, I'm totally surprised that the red one doesn't have throttle return.

S107 does come in two different packaging. If foam is used, the box will be slightly longer. The other one uses thin, clear plastic molding. That's fine. It is not indicative that one is real or the other is fake. We have to look deeper than that. But like I said, I trust both of these sellers.

Unless the blue one is a gift for someone else. You should open it. Temporarily label everything: Remote controls, USB cables, and make sure you don't mix them up. The first thing you should try, unless you have expert eyes, is to use one remote to control the other helicopter. In other words, open up blue, and try to use your control for red to fly the blue one. Or, use the blue control to fly the red one. Best case scenario, and I would place my bet there - You would be able to fly them.

Here's the reason, if they are both real. You would be able to do the above. If one of them is fake, you won't be.

The next thing you want to check is this: Look into the PCB. Hopefully they are RED, or a mix of yellow and green color. Look for the label S107R5. You should see them.

Check these and report back. I'll take you to the next step.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
OK I found the problem. a broken pin that goes into the upper. blade holder.
Now to find the part.
Good, that kind of damage is common, and it will cause your S107 to do a mad dash in ANY direction. I'm surprised that it only dash forward. Perhaps, you haven't flown it enough for it to dash at a different directions.

Had you told me that it was dashing at different directions, I would advice you to check that pin. I'm quite familiar with that problem. You could read my blog about it. The blog gives you the replacement part and step by step instructions to fix the problem.

This is one of the those must-fix problems. Otherwise, the S107 will not fly.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,870 Posts
I wonder if that TX without the return spring was a "returned" TX that the last owner modded. If I'm not mistaken, I thought all the S107 TX's had the return spring

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I wonder if that TX without the return spring was a "returned" TX that the last owner modded. If I'm not mistaken, I thought all the S107 TX's had the return spring

Mike.
That's a possibility, although that would significantly downgrade the seller on my list - for selling returned merchandise as new.

Another possibility is just a broken spring. I could open up the Tx in 30 seconds and check if I have it. But the owner seems to like it without the spring, so may be it is a moot point, as long as the S107 flies like a dream.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
The local Circle K's are selling the S107's over the counter for $29.99 (here in Florida). Worth the extra $5 for the convenience.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:04 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
837 Posts
Noooo i got a problem with mine now. Was fine yesterday put canopy back on and tail brace took it to work today and soon as i turn it on the tail just spins round and round. anyone had this problem and sorted it? i did put silicone oil on gears and they were dry and sqeaking. Dont wanta buy another as this one was great,anyone got any idea wots goin on?
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Noooo i got a problem with mine now. Was fine yesterday put canopy back on and tail brace took it to work today and soon as i turn it on the tail just spins round and round. anyone had this problem and sorted it? i did put silicone oil on gears and they were dry and sqeaking. Dont wanta buy another as this one was great,anyone got any idea wots goin on?
"Turning it on" means trying to fly it? Did it fly? Or wouldn't lift off?

First question to ask yourself is: Is it spinning clockwise, or counter-clockwise?

Why is that important? Read my blog about "My SYMA S107 has no lift..."