HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:48 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Attert
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
Hi, I tried all night yesterday's connect the ESC.
Nothing to do, it does not stop beeping.

Mechanically
- I connect the battery to the ESC
- I plug in the ESC on the AR6400 (mode brushless)
- I also tried reversing the connection of the ESC on the AR6400, but,.. same problem.

With the transmitter I tried:
- Trim and adjust the throttle channel maximum
- Reverse the throttle channel
- Modify the throttle curve

What I noticed:
- The bind is ok, both on the servo AR6400 working well
- The led of AR6400 blinks red
- The ESC beep a regular interval without taking the throttle channel
- When I plug the battery directly on the AR6400, the light is solid red and all the AR6400 work well. But no beep from the ESC

I don't understand ... this is not my first plane with ESC and this is the first time that I have this problem,...

When in doubt, I tried with another ESC 2s, and I have the same problem.
I still recommend a new ESC this morning at Microaces.
I tried with another engine and it is the same thing. I wonder if this is not the AR6400, but it seems to work yet ...

If someone has a solution to offer me.
(I use a Futaba transmitter module with spektrum T14. Far I have had no problems with the receiver spektrum DSM2 and other)
eggyone is offline Find More Posts by eggyone
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Hi Eggy,

If the ESC is beeping constantly it means it is not receiveing a signal from the AR6400. (Always plug the battery into the ESC)

This means that the AR6400 may not be in external ESC mode.

Do you have rudder reversed on your controller? If so this will prevent you switching between onboard and external ESC if you are using the standard transmitter technique of fully up and to the left on ESC power-up.

BTW - DO NOT reverse the connection from the ESC to the AR6400. This can easily damage the receiver. Plug it in as per the instructions. If you still cant switch the receiver over to external ESC mode it may be that the damage is already done. (I hope not).

I got your order for a new ESC. I'll send you a refund if we get this sorted out and you dont need it.(I'll send you a refund anyway as the ESC would be covered under the warranty if it was faulty!)

Jon
MICROACES is offline Find More Posts by MICROACES
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
Thank you very much Jon.

I actually hope that the AR6400 is still ok, because it is relatively expensive.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
Hello, AR6400 is ok, but the Esc don't work. I try this week end with another AR6400 of a friends, and it's the same problem. But his Esc work well with mine AR6400.

Conclusion, i must replace my Esc.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
On it's way!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Microaces Christmas Newsletter

The first Microaces Newsletter has just been sent out to all who have already signed up for it on the Microaces website. For those of you not subscribed and if you want to find out about Christmas delivery cut-off times and more you can see it on-line here:

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=ec3e4e160a

If you wanted to sign up for future newsletters there's a link or two on the newsletter page or you can do it here.

And we have just started a Facebook Page too. If you feel so inclined please take a look and 'Like' our page. I hope to be posting stuff up there most days.

We are so nearly 21st century now! I've just got to get my head around twitting. Can't be that difficult can it?

Jon
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:42 PM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
No, not twitting ...

... kitting !

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Christmas Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetyii View Post
No, not twitting ...

... kitting !

Rolf
Well that stopped the conversation!

All...

Just a quick reminder that, according to the UK Post Office, today is the last day for guaranteed delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Asia & the Far East before Christmas.

Anyone wanting a stocking full of Microaces 'round the other side of the World needs to get in quick!

Jon
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Dec 2009
18 Posts
For info, the esc is ok, first flying of the P-51 OldCrow this Week-end.
Thanks for all Jon ;-) I will make a little video
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Nov 2000
170 Posts
Do you need to remove the battery lead from the AR6400 to make it fit properly?

Thanks,
John
jmiceli11 is online now Find More Posts by jmiceli11
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiceli11 View Post
Do you need to remove the battery lead from the AR6400 to make it fit properly?

Thanks,
John
No need, it should coil up in the cavity that allows the ESC to Rx cable to pass thru from one side of the fuse to the other.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Last dates for posting to US, Canada & E.Europe for Crimbo

Just a quick one to let all in US, Canada and Eastern Europe know that the last date for posting to ensure kits are received before Christmas is this Monday coming (10th Dec).

So if you were wanting a kit for the festive season pop the order in over the weekend for a Monday dispatch.

We will of course send out after that date but to 'avoid disappointment' pop the order onto the Microaces Website or PM me!

Jon
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Currency Converter now live

At last the currency converter has gone live. That was harder than it looked.

Just got US$ and Euros at the moment. It taps into the Paypal conversion rates so should be pretty accurate. If you have a spare 5 mins please feel free to test it out for functionality and let me know if it does what you expect it to. MICROACES WEBSITE

The currency selector is top right on the page, in the cart box. Any suggestion on improvements are very welcome. Also any other currencies that would be useful for you (I've already suggested AUS$).

Jon
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:40 PM
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Joined Dec 2007
143 Posts
Fantastic work Jon.
I will definitely be ordering at least one of these - the FW190s look fave.
If all goes well I expect I will get the lot eventually, hehe.

Just a couple of points, OK 3 actually...

1. Has any thought been given to colouring the edges of the rear fuselage and tail feathers?
Either with the stickers folding over or using a felt pen or acrylic paint to apply colour.
I always think the white edge of Depron takes a little away from the overall effect of many models.
All the photos are taken such that the white edge cannot be seen - by chance or not, maybe ?

OK forget that - just seen the posts by beetyii

2. I would really like to see a video of one of the models flying in a sports hall.
The outdoor videos show them flying pretty fast.
Although I doubt if it will have a negative effect on my purchases as I have flown both the Parkzone Mosquito and the E-Flite Carbon Cub in our sports hall - neither are for the faint of heart, hehe!

3. What flight times do you get with the 300 LiPo?

Please don't take these as negative criticism, it's just me thinking out loud.

[ I just noticed the first thread I first posted this in hadn't been posted for months so I put it here as well - hope that doesn't break any rules. ]
BikerDon is offline Find More Posts by BikerDon
Last edited by BikerDon; Dec 09, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
437 Posts
Hi BD, glad you like the aircraft and happy to answer your questions - here goes.....

1) The reason for the lack of stickers on the trailing edges & rear fuse is threefold: weight, expense and complexity and also I think it gives individuals the option to put their own stamp on the aircraft. If you trawl back thru this thread you'll find individuals using paints, chalks and all sorts to add those finishing touches. Really nice stuff!

2) Inside they do need a bit of room. I'm not a practiced indoor flyer myself but a couple or three tennis courts & I'm OK. You'll probably be quite surprised at the speed range they have. The Fw190s are the lightest so would definitely be the one to go for. The great thing is they are very sturdy so will take a good deal of wall and ground abuse in their stride. They do come alive outside though. Due to the 90g of thrust from the motor/prop combo you can really start to play!

3) The 300mAh with give between 5 - 7 mins on the Fw190 depending on whether its balls to the wall or a gentle reconnaissance mission.

Hope this helps!

Jon