335 Posts
Nevermind... Finally working
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:58 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2007
12 Posts
How did you get it to work? I still can't bind my Devo 7 and RX801. It would've been great if I read this thread before I bought Rx801. I would've went and bought Rx802 instead. Please help.
naldodook is offline Find More Posts by naldodook
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:16 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naldodook View Post
How did you get it to work? I still can't bind my Devo 7 and RX801. It would've been great if I read this thread before I bought Rx801. I would've went and bought Rx802 instead. Please help.
Honestly, either it will just go right ahead and bind without any problem or I think you can try and try and try and get nowhere.
Unless you get a different Devo TX the 801 is a dead duck.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:56 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Honestly, either it will just go right ahead and bind without any problem or I think you can try and try and try and get nowhere.
Unless you get a different Devo TX the 801 is a dead duck.
I must admit that I do not know that many people who use the Rx801, but I think there are still quite a few people who report no problems binding. I fear its perhaps not user related, but its really strange for an Rx to work with an entire series of radios, but not the Devo7. It still just doesn't make sense. ')
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:03 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Hey there.
I'm working on a copter x 450 fbl v4 with a tarot zyx and a rx802.
Bind ok to devo 7. Everything works fine, but Copter x motor doesn't work. It's plugged to a hobby king blueseries 50A. It does beep when I plug the battery, but I can make it spin increasing throttle...
I've tried several things, but nothing. Have you guys any idea? Please?
I'm curious to hear more about this. Did you have to set throttle subtrim to the lowest possible value for it to work? I had a similar ESC related issue. Binding fine, but no throttle. Setting the throttle subtrim fixed it for me.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:17 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
I'm curious to hear more about this. Did you have to set throttle subtrim to the lowest possible value for it to work? I had a similar ESC related issue. Binding fine, but no throttle. Setting the throttle subtrim fixed it for me.
No problem after calibrating throttle and esc. But I do have a big problem with my devo 7 and rx802. I have tried all options I think, but I can't have the swash to move correctly. I have a strange mix between aileron and elevator I can't solve. So I'm now giving up. Trying to sell this 450 project and going back to walkera micros or trying to buy a turnigy 9x and see if it's me or what.......
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
If it's anything like the RX-701 + CopterX FBL, do not reverse any of the channels. Your TX is just a basic TX, no mixing, no trims, no servo travel range, all of that is configured from the PC (CopterX FBL but i use ZYX software =P). The only thing i had to reverse on the TX was the rudder, and that was only after i got everything else running.

Frankly, if i didn't get the USB data cable, i have no idea how i would have been able to get this to run. They shouldn't be selling the data cable separately.

EDIT: BTW, on the Devo7, set the swash to 1-Normal. Do not select any of the other swash types even if you're using a 120 swash. You set the swash type on the PC, not on the TX. If you select any of the swash options, the channels will end up complementing each other. That means, that to make the heli tilt left, aileron goes down, pitch goes up, to make it tilt right, aileron goes up, pitch goes down, to make the heli climb, all three goes up. Do not let the TX do that, pitch must only define pitch, aileron must only define aileron, elevator must only define elevator. Otherwise if you raise the throttle (increase pitch) and all three channels gets a command to go up because it thinks it's directly connected to a swash plate, the gyro will think you were trying to go up, right, and forward.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Oct 21, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
If it's anything like the RX-701 + CopterX FBL, do not reverse any of the channels. Your TX is just a basic TX, no mixing, no trims, no servo travel range, all of that is configured from the PC (CopterX FBL but i use ZYX software =P). The only thing i had to reverse on the TX was the rudder, and that was only after i got everything else running.

Frankly, if i didn't get the USB data cable, i have no idea how i would have been able to get this to run. They shouldn't be selling the data cable separately.

EDIT: BTW, on the Devo7, set the swash to 1-Normal. Do not select any of the other swash types even if you're using a 120 swash. You set the swash type on the PC, not on the TX. If you select any of the swash options, the channels will end up complementing each other. That means, that to make the heli tilt left, aileron goes down, pitch goes up, to make it tilt right, aileron goes up, pitch goes down, to make the heli climb, all three goes up. Do not let the TX do that, pitch must only define pitch, aileron must only define aileron, elevator must only define elevator. Otherwise if you raise the throttle (increase pitch) and all three channels gets a command to go up because it thinks it's directly connected to a swash plate, the gyro will think you were trying to go up, right, and forward.
Wow, I'm gonna try that...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post

It worked man! I can believe this... After a month of madness... I was able to hover this copter x... It doesn't fly very well, but I think I can get things better. At least I know it can fly. Thanks Hajile!
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:21 PM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,174 Posts
Subscribed
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM