Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:11 PM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh2rc97 View Post
cha?
Yupper. Out on the Navy Weapons Station.

So as to stay on topic here . Would it be possible to add a feature to the telemetry module being discussed that showed the angle the aircraft is flying? Ideally there'd be two sensors one that showed forward to back angle so I'd know if the plane was pitching up or down and a lateral angle so I'd know if the wings were level or not. I think this would make for a great training tool for aspiring pattern pilots.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:30 AM
Cerritos, CA
Joined Nov 2004
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
That's the company I work for
I worked for ARINC 15 years ago.
jsmillett is offline Find More Posts by jsmillett
Old Jun 22, 2011, 01:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
Any of the new gyro/accelerometer chips could detect the angle.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
for those interested, I still have a couple of these left.

http://www.videopenny.com
kneissl is offline Find More Posts by kneissl
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:08 PM
Munich, GERMANY
Joined May 2010
10 Posts
I am interested in one of these boards :-)

Hi Troy/kneissl,

I am Markus from Munich / Germany and would be interested in one of these boards to use it for testing and playing around with the XPS/iFS telemetry stuff... I will write you an e-mail tonight and hopefully you have one board left for sale and will ship via USPS postal service to Munich, Germany

Thanks and regards
Markus
Cluster-Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cluster-Buster
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 PM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
I have lost faith after four and half years of waiting for the promises of this and that with telemetry Iím going to Frsky.

Full dash board both analogue and digital displays with alarm settings and audio feedback.

Iíll check again next year to see how things are going.
Capt Malc is offline Find More Posts by Capt Malc
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:45 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
People have been using the telemetry for years, long before anyone else. With our transmitter you will have it in your hand. It really makes no sense switching to an inferior radio system too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:18 AM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
People have been using the telemetry for years, long before anyone else. With our transmitter you will have it in your hand. It really makes no sense switching to an inferior radio system too.
Yep we had to make our own unless you call the PCB layouts on the web sensors, even the remote voltage sensors on this forum have been produced by other.

How much are your altimeter, variometers, external voltage sensors, temperature gauge, RPM sensor, triaxial acceleration sensors, and the GPS units please as I have not seen them on your web site as yet?

Have I been logging onto the wrong site I wonder?????

I have been after another telemetry unit all this year which is always notify when back in stock even the Graupner iFS MX16 is the same Notify when back in stock.

Sorry Jim but I have been using your system for over four and half years and have been waiting to purchase 6 more RXs but have been waiting for the telemetry units being in stock before placing my order.

Re the Frsky units we have tested the latest units from them and I can report the smoothness of the servo output running at 9mS is as good as using the top end of town units.

The range of 2.5Km with only 60mW <18dbm and no swamping of the receiver when injected at 300mW with probe placed next to the RXs antenna outer covering shows the robustness of the front end with typically -104 to -108 dbm sensitivity.

The initial binding and rebinding is one of the fastest tested with all channels fail safe settable.

The major market providers units have been placed at the side of the unit on test and no problems.

The price of $23.00 for a eight channel RX canít be bad with full telemetry and the TX as audio alarms for voltage and range as standard and all fully upgradable using a UPS cable.

Sorry Jim but you have lost me after all these years but I will monitor your progress in the future.

My regards MalcÖ..
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:43 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
Sensivity is actually -97dBm, putting the 2.5Km range in question (even with a transmission power output well above 20dBm, not 18dBm). I wish you success. I wouldn't fly that stuff in my turbines.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:36 AM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
Quote:
Sensivity is actually -97dBm, putting the 2.5Km range in question (even with a transmission power output well above 20dBm, not 18dBm). I wish you success. I wouldn't fly that stuff in my turbines.
Ok Jim thanks for the good wishes but we do fly Turbines and IMAC 220cc size no problems.

The measured GROUND RANGE was over 1Km with a measured receiver sensitivity of -104dbm typical and yes the power out put is 60mW <18dbm.

The RX was placed 600mm above flat ground on a wood trestle the TX was hand held as if in use by the operator.

We can confirm the range test as quoted.

We can down load the data as received and all instrumentation is certified to NATA.

Good look with your project Jim and thanks for the last four and half years.

Malc....
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:27 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Malc View Post
Ok Jim thanks for the good wishes but we do fly Turbines and IMAC 220cc size no problems.

The measured GROUND RANGE was over 1Km with a measured receiver sensitivity of -104dbm typical and yes the power out put is 60mW <18dbm.
You obviously have not opened up one of the receivers or measured the output power. The sensitivity can't be over -97dBm because it lacks the components to make that possible. Draw up a schematic yourself. Plug the Tx into a spectrum analyzer and check the conducted power output, then calculate the EIRP. You will find it way over 100mw. We look at every single product that comes to market, analyze them and report any abnormal findings to the FCC.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
Quote:
We look at every single product that comes to market, analyze them and report any abnormal findings to the FCC.
that's awesome.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:19 AM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
We have a dedicated HP power meter specifically for this band and load and I can state 100% the findings. With the chipset used and the front end band pass filters as used you can get -104db which is -4db better than the XBee Pro in the 8 & 10 channel XPS RXs is it not which is only -100db.

I think enough said on the subject Jim our tests have proven both on the bench and in the field they do have good product.

Now back to how much are your sensors for the telemtry please???
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:35 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
You need to get a new power meter, because not only is the power over their stated output, but it also bleeds over the 54dbuV average limit into 2483.50MHz band edge, which is a FCC violation. Pull apart the receiver, examine the components. If you can get -104dBm of sensitivity out of those parts, they need to quit their business and go to work for NASA. I have been doing chipset design for the last 23 months. I am quite aware of how all of this stuff works.

The only cost for telemetry sensors is what you choose for your parts. We are testing our sensor interface that lets you use all of the Hitec and all of the Eagletree sensors. We will release the schematics, source code, and PCB artwork for this device as well as have this item available for sale. This would give you access to more sensors than any other radio system.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:23 PM
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
I hope you are not using one of those spectrum analysers that plug into your little lap top, and only 23 months in chip sets design then you have a lot to learn my friend I have been designing this stuff for more than 40 years. You may have used some of my RC gear in the past and not known it and read some of my articles and books to help you along the way.

The unit I use for testing here is a HP8566B you may want to check its specs alongside the one you use AND HOW YOU USE IT.

I can see you only believe in your own gear that someone else designed by the use of off the shelf items like Max Stream units and put it into your own plastic case.

With a monopole antenna you state is totally magic and picks up in all directions, when only a theoretical isotropic radiator could do that if it existed that’s why it’s theoretical.

You quote “Draw up a schematic yourself” you would need a large piece of paper to do that my friend when a block IC pin out would do just fine with IC specs alongside for reference.

You seem to be self learned so to speak so you could not have read any of my material or books as you would know better.

I’ll wait and watch in the side covers of this industry to see how you go in the next 12 months.

My regards and have a nice day and good luck.

Malc.

BSc, CEng, MIEE