HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2011, 09:45 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
Discussion
FUIM2 with win 7

having problem getting window 7 to reconize FUIM2, follow instructions and no dice, even follow another thread of updating .NET and still cant get the cable to be reconize by win7

1. dl CCS from fma for Multi 4
2. try both xp and vista 32 driver(uninstall each one in between and reboot)
3. even tried fuim3's driver
4. updated .NET

cant try on a none win 7 system as all my system in house are all win 7(tried on all 3 computers at home)

any other help pls.

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2011, 12:15 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
having problem getting window 7 to reconize FUIM2, follow instructions and no dice, even follow another thread of updating .NET and still cant get the cable to be reconize by win7

1. dl CCS from fma for Multi 4
2. try both xp and vista 32 driver(uninstall each one in between and reboot)
3. even tried fuim3's driver
4. updated .NET

cant try on a none win 7 system as all my system in house are all win 7(tried on all 3 computers at home)

any other help pls.

-pete
Hi:

Please refer to FAQ #1 at the following link:

http://revolectrix.fmadirect.com/faqs.htm?category=45

Back in the CCS, after you complete the steps in the FAQ, connect the FUIM2 between the PC and the Multi4. After you launch the CCS, set the COM to AUTO, or choose from the OPEN COMs manually. When it's working, the CCS should say "Waiting to Start" at the top.

You can also install a tester for the FUIM2 at the following link:

http://revolectrix.fmadirect.com/sup.../item_1251.msi

After installing the driver, plug the FUIM2 up to the Multi4 and apply power to the Multi4. This will power the interface for testing.

Hope this helps!

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Apr 07, 2011, 03:35 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,284 Posts
Tim
fast question
which driver should i be using for the Win 7 32 version?
driver for xp/2000 or vista 32?

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:08 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
Tim
fast question
which driver should i be using for the Win 7 32 version?
driver for xp/2000 or vista 32?

-pete
Answer: Vista 32 bit
Old Apr 07, 2011, 05:20 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Hi:

Just to let you know, I just tested the driver install on my "virgin" Win 7 machine (32 bit) and it went through without a hitch. Make sure you leave the device disconnected during installation. Then, when the software install is complete, plug the USB end into the PC. Win 7 will then install the driver into the OS. When you connect everything up, power up the 10s, launch the CCS, and set COM to AUTO, it should come up with "Waiting to Start" after a short while to poll the ports.

The FAQ covers all the above. I'm just re-iterating that it worked fine for me.

Thanks,

Tim Marks
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:16 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
160 Posts
New copy of 32bit win7 installed. Installed vista driver. Plugged in FUIM2 searched for driver and errors out. Any ideas whats wrong?
astropuppy is offline Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:40 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,247 Posts
The FUIM2 is supported on Vista, but not Windows 7, sorry. It does work on some W7 machines. But if doesn't then the FUIM3 is a good upgrade and is a bit faster.

Follow the direction here http://revolectrix.com/faqs.htm?category=50

If it works, great! If not, then I'd just move to the FUIM3.
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:37 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,860 Posts
I'd highly recommend moving to the FUIM3 as Gregor99 suggested as it uses the FTDI chipset which is one of the best peripheral interfaces available .
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Aug 13, 2014, 03:07 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2002
160 Posts
Thank you both very much for the advice. I have purchased a FUIM3.

I have owned and loved FMA chargers since the Einstein I bought years ago. FMA chargers are truly great chargers that have saved my butt more then once. My 10S's taught me how to charge lipo's, my XP was a nice improvement. My PL6's taught me how to parallel charge. Last but not least my multi4 is a delight for small packs.

All that said, six or seven fma chargers later I'm ready to call it quits. Why? Because FMA software just plain sucks. I now have one netbook that's screen size is not supported by FMA charge control software and another netbook that does not support fuim2. Give me a break, its just software. We learned how to set the scroll-able window attribute many years ago. Let alone the clunky UI. What really frost my butt is I bought my FUIM2 in 2009, after windows 7 had been released.

If your not going to fix your software fma, open the source code to the public. Works for frsky, it could work for you too. Better yet, wake up and give us a smart phone app.

I inherit netbooks from my kids. I reload them with a fresh OS and use in my shop to program ESC's and chargers. Its been a good run FMA. I'll be keeping/using what I have until it needs replaced, then I'll be looking for alternatives.
astropuppy is offline Find More Posts by astropuppy
Old Aug 13, 2014, 05:09 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,860 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the reason the FUIM2 isn't supported on Win7 is because the peripheral interface chip from Prolific does not have a Win7 driver. Prolific decided not to write a driver for this chipset (PL3203?) for Windows 7. Many other devices that incorporated this chipset into their products have the same issue. I'm already well aware my CBA II won't run on Win7 for similar reasons.

I'm still running WinXP, but just learned the new AccuRC simulator isn't supported on WinXP so I'll have to upgrade my OS. I was planning on doing it anyway, but couldn't buy AccurRC at IRCHA last week because my system doesn't meet the AccuRC requirements yet. Of course, this is added incentive to upgrade.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic