HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:34 PM
Webmaster, MMCNE
Acton, MA USA
Joined Feb 2000
607 Posts
Question
Motor recommendations for ProBoat PT-109?

One of the stock motors in my 40 inch ProBoats PT-109 just up and died. It doesn't run at all. It turns over by hand just fine. I checked with my voltmeter, and I do see voltage across the motor terminals when the throttle is advanced, so I know it isn't a wiring problem. It isn't getting hot, so I don't think it is shorting out inside.

I figure I might as well change them both out. I'm going with an assumption that the basic 550 sized motors used in most RTR boats are cheap, and not good quality to begin with.... so might as well swap them both out.

So I'm in the market for a pair of appropriate motors for this boat. For those who aren't familiar with this boat, it comes with a pair of 550-sized motors on a Y cable from a single ProBoats 25A ESC. It has 35mm props on direct drive. The motors are wrapped with an ineffective water cooling coil system.

The existing motors look similar to this:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMMZ3

So, I'm wondering what a good replacement brushed motor would be -- any recommendations?

Normally, I steer away from low turn motors-- but maybe those are appropriate in this case?
RCBoater is offline Find More Posts by RCBoater
to remove ads between posts