HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:17 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Normally I'd agree with that, but looking online at different stuff since US Thanksgiving and no the New Year is not the reason stuff online is out of stock, they've been out of stock well before the Chinese New Year.

yea...it was just a blanket approach remark since this is a "rant" thread. My remark came from eBay experience and last year's CNY celebration that held up some purchases for almost two months.

Sometimes the school of "instant gratification" has a hard headmaster.

Whaddya mean I have to wait weeks and weeks?- You got my money instantly! grrrr.......global economy schmonomy.....
Steve 0 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Or looking at it another way....what's wrong with you, trying to order all that stuff that's out of stock everywhere ? Why can't you just arrange things so you use what's actually available ?

Steve
Yeh, shut up and eat a cheese burger!

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger - Funny - Billy Goat Tavern (1 min 15 sec)
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 07, 2013, 06:43 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,805 Posts
Even thou the closest hobby shop is a 2 hour drive away for me, I'd much rather go there. Nothing beats really going there, and holding the plane, car,or whatever to see if you really like it, instead of buying online, getting it and the thing not being what you thought. Not to mention just talking with other folks with the same passion as you, getting the lastest info on whats going out. And it's just a nice way to waste some time on a nasty day....just can't beat it.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:11 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,281 Posts
Hobby shops need capital to buy inventory.
That comes from guys (and Gals) purchasing our needs from said shop.
If you go online for the majority of your R/C purchases you can be absolutly certain you will be disappointed by lack of inventory from time to time.
So if you are a victim of stock outs at your LHS you might be the one to blame.:rolleyes--not the shop owner.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:52 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,989 Posts
My LHS is a joke. More like a model car chop shop. He hasn't ordered props in two years, the Monocote rake has one roll of "Hot Pink" and hasn't been stocked in quit some time. The balsa rack is a few sheets of cracked 1/16th and some broken sticks. Oh, but they have the latest greatest ARF with plenty in stock but nothing to support them. Tried to buy kicker last month and went back this month and still out of stock.

If he won't support this part of the hobby then why bother, looks like I will be ordering online for the majority of what I need.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:02 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
My LHS is a joke. More like a model car chop shop. He hasn't ordered props in two years, the Monocote rake has one roll of "Hot Pink" and hasn't been stocked in quit some time. The balsa rack is a few sheets of cracked 1/16th and some broken sticks. Oh, but they have the latest greatest ARF with plenty in stock but nothing to support them. Tried to buy kicker last month and went back this month and still out of stock.

If he won't support this part of the hobby then why bother, looks like I will be ordering online for the majority of what I need.
You're in Tucson AZ? You've got several business in the same town as you, such as EJF as well as several others. I'm just saying, I'm surprised you're having a hard time finding basic things like Monokote and accelerator with several options to (supposedly) choose from.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:59 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,281 Posts
It is an unfortunate situation. Our LHS is very up to date with ARF's but carries virtually nothing for the people that like to build their airplanes.
I must drive to other towns that are anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours away to get what I need.
I understand that shops must carry what sells to stay in business and for now that seems to be heli's and arfs. When the need becomes great I (and usually a friend) make the trip to several shops. Makes for a fun day away from the every day grind.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM