HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:47 PM
bigflankster
In the Soo.......
Joined Nov 2007
2 Posts
Discussion
SC10 Tranny Issue

I have a SC10 that is only had 8-5000 mah LIPO's run through it and there is a ratcheting sound coming from it on acceleration out of the turns... I pulled it apart and the pinion and spur gears looked fine, all the diff. gears appear to be in good shape, I cleaned out the grease and filled her up with diff lube and the ratcheting is still there................. any advice would be appreciated, Thanks, Hank
bigflankster16 is offline Find More Posts by bigflankster16
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:51 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,846 Posts
How do the dogbones look? Is the slipper clutch tight enough?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
From Donn at Associated:

OKGUYS AND GALS, here is what I found out from our R&D department.

The material that the diff gears was to be made up off was changed to beige type material we have in the kits and in the RTR's to come.

And the different material cools differently, and sometimes when the gear cools after being molded it could have an extra hundred thousand of more space inside where the large spider gear are placed. So in some of the gears when you take of you hear a click.

Not all of them will have this, but some do and the ones that do should get me your info.

We have the shims that it takes to correct this and just need you to fax or mail me your address with the notation of SC10 Shims on it and I will send you out the shims to correct the spacing problem.
NitroVette is offline Find More Posts by NitroVette