Closed Thread
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:36 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,203 Posts
Discussion
The 3DHS Addict Support Group Part lll

The original Addicts Thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892042
3DHS Addicts Support Group Part ll http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156732

How to get in touch with 3DHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
OK, since the subject has been brought up, now I have to go over how to contact 3DHS in detail.

1.We have a business phone at 1-830-990-6978. It is very busy. This busy-ness happens because a lot of people want to talk to us. Until I find more people who really understand model aircraft construction and tuning, only Tyler and myself answer this phone. It stays busy 100% of the time on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesday is about 50%. Thursday and Friday are 20% or less.

2.We have 4 email addresses.

Our four email addresses are:

Ben@3dhobbyshop.com

Arron@3dhobbyshop.com

Tyler@3dhobbyshop.com

Info@3Dhobbyshop.com

These are regular email addresses. We all answer our personal emails and we sweep the "info" box on a 24 hr. cycle when we are in the office. You don't have to do anything in particular to email us, just make sure you use one of the above addresses. It's just email.

If you don't receive a response to an email, of course try again, but 2 unanswered means something is technically wrong, for certain. Usually this is caused by your domain being picked up by our spam-control program (if your email happened to be dude@adultexcitement.com I can guarantee I won't see it.) This is how email works. I didn't invent it, I just use it.

3.We're on RCGroups. All the time. I have 21,000+ posts. I am not hard to find. I answer over 100 private messages per day. I have to dump my pm box every day or it will overflow. TheKM and Sukhoi26MX are both 3DHS staff members, and

Joe Smith
ProBroAndy
IPSMotors
FirefighterFSF
BoneDoc
RCDrum
XLBMXER
Wedgewing
...are our team pilots and support crew members who frequent RCgroups.

Some of our other team pilots and other support crew members frequent other sites and forums.

4.We have a customer response system on our website. You can send us a message and we'll respond to it within the website.

5.We announce travel days on our homepage. We also announce any service outages on our homepage. I also post them in here.

that's how to contact us.

Guy's I got a PM from RCGroups Tech Support asking me to create a "Part 3" of the Addicts thread because Part 2 is getting so big it's affecting their servers.

So here's part 3 - let's see how long before we have to start part 4

Remember - The Addicts thread was created as a place where us 3DHS Addicts can come and hang out and talk just about anything.

There are three rules to this thread

1. No politics -if you want to talk about politics, go to the LTUP thread

2. No Topics - While there are no specific topics, our discussions mostly relate to the one thing that unites us and that's our addiction to this hobby and 3DHS Planes. (guess that's two things) And while there isn't any official topic I dont agree with calling this a BS thread

For example, as Doc mentioned, several of us have had health issues - we wouldn't necessarily go to the Velox thread and post about needing surgery but it's totally appropriate here. How does Doc needing surgery relate to the Addicts thread? Well it's due to the fact that because we both enjoy 3DHS planes and post on RCG that Doc and I became friends. Heck he even gave me a big hug last time I saw him As with all my friends I want to know if a friend is facing something serious like surgery. Same thing goes for flight reports, crashes, successes and failures - that's the kind of stuff I want to know about my friends. Lets face it, most all the people that post on this thread are friends and that is due in part because of our addiction to 3DHS planes.

3. Keep it friendly -- Now let me clarify the "Keep it friendly" rule of this thread. Keeping it friendly is more than NOT calling people names or trolling, it means that we should treat each other with respect and try to build each other up instead of tearing each other down. Also Keeping it friendly means we should try our best not be annoying to others.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Last edited by MLT67; Feb 07, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:39 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Parrish, FL
Joined Apr 2008
7,292 Posts
Hi Guys
Hypersprint is offline Find More Posts by Hypersprint
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:40 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,451 Posts
haha...effecting their servers. its official....we need a 3dhs forum seperate from rcg (or at least our own dedicated server)
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,824 Posts
I'm in!
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
Checking in .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,203 Posts
Part 2 had 29000 posts in less than a year - WOW

MLT
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:41 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
That is impressive.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Eastern, NC
Joined Dec 2007
686 Posts
Hello!!
M Carr is offline Find More Posts by M Carr
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
whew,glad i chose tonite to mooch the net at RAA!!! might have gotton lost from the thread..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:42 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
you forgot to say ping mlt.it would have been totally relevant esp since you were closing the thread..just sayin
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:43 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
How does Doc needing surgery relate to the Addicts thread?
I dunno, but every time I almost die we get a new thread!

OK, here's the first video of The 3DHS Addict Support Group Part lll thread

Who thinks I need a 72" version of this plane?

Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:46 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,203 Posts
Hey let's kick this thread off with a good discussion - to date what has been your favorite 3DHS plane and why?

MLT
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:47 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I dunno, but every time I almost die we get a new thread!

OK, here's the first video of The 3DHS Addict Support Group Part lll thread

Who thinks I need a 72" version of this plane?

WOW Doc I just copied and pasted that from the beginning of part 2 - hopfully you wont need surgery when we start part 4

MLT
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:50 PM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Hey let's kick this thread off with a good discussion - to date what has been your favorite 3DHS plane and why?

MLT
Checking in!

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite, but currently I'm really enjoying the 57" Extra SC because of the way it tumbles and knife edges and the 70" Slick because it flies "big" and it's the biggest plane I have.

-Dustin
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,824 Posts
Quote:
You mean besides all of them?

I think anyone who has ever had an Extra SHP will always have a soft spot for that plane. For me, though, the Extra SR was the one that made things happen and opened a lot of doors for me
Closed Thread