HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:31 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hey North, I see you've taken a liken to the wire shrink wrap to slip the batteries on and off for a quick change

Your working season is coming to an end. Hope you saved up some clams for some of your new projects.

Mike.
Yeah, Mike, I've always used those right from the beginning

Hopefully maybe almost another two months, weather permitting. Was just telling the guys at work this week it's time to start saving for winter projects... and I'll be picking up my pre-order of the HZ Sport Cub S soon... at least that one, as my one last major "toy" purchase of the working season, will be easier on the wallet this year, last year's was the DX9
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:51 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yeah, Mike, I've always used those right from the beginning

Hopefully maybe almost another two months, weather permitting. Was just telling the guys at work this week it's time to start saving for winter projects... and I'll be picking up my pre-order of the HZ Sport Cub S soon... at least that one, as my one last major "toy" purchase of the working season, will be easier on the wallet this year, last year's was the DX9
I hear ya there Bro. I'm still recouping from that too. Had a few bucks to get our air boat going though. That's a hoot

Sorry for the OT Fellas

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,700 Posts
Quote:
I hear ya there Bro. I'm still recouping from that too. Had a few bucks to get our air boat going though. That's a hoot

Sorry for the OT Fellas

Mike.
video or it didn't happen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2014, 04:41 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
715 Posts
A Champ flight over the house on Vashon Island from last weekend. Got pretty high.

Champ V20 (5 min 37 sec)
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:20 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
1,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosmosis View Post
A Champ flight over the house on Vashon Island from last weekend. Got pretty high.
Thomas that is amazing .

I have yet to understand how you even see it that high ? I would be afraid the wind would blow it away.

I got to fly mine for a little while right after dark, but it was still windy and it was gusty at times....blew me into the ground a few times .

I laid down some old carpet on the field and was doing some ROG take off's with it...never did get a good landing tho...just to darn windy .
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:23 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
video or it didn't happen
The "on board" vid pooped the bed. This was recorded with a Nikon that was just deep sixth in the Bahamas ocean somewhere

Mike.

001 (3 min 39 sec)
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Sep 18, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:46 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGhost View Post
Thomas that is amazing .

I have yet to understand how you even see it that high ? I would be afraid the wind would blow it away.

I got to fly mine for a little while right after dark, but it was still windy and it was gusty at times....blew me into the ground a few times .

I laid down some old carpet on the field and was doing some ROG take off's with it...never did get a good landing tho...just to darn windy .
Hi Ghost. Thanks for the props. I know that you get some serious wind at your field. This video was taken at around 7AM. Wind is calm early and late. If you got up early, you may see it high up there. But then. It sounds like your wind is way worse than mine...
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:29 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,700 Posts
Quote:
The "on board" vid pooped the bed. This was recorded with a Nikon that was just deep sixth in the Bahamas ocean somewhere

Mike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckgfDW1WX9A
cool
I thought maybe you did one from Hobbyzone floats.
RCG Plus Member