Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,848 Posts
Suggestion
Question on another point given today

Is the word for a fatherless child considered as profanity by the moderators. Again I changed the post rather that appealing it, but I have seen that word many times and didn't know it was a no no. If it isn't, please erase that point from my record that I understand you keep whether we change our posts or not. To save you the trouble, the word "Bastard" has been used 994 times since 2005. I altered the word using turd on the end of it and the rule broken was trying to get around the swear filter. Don't believe either word is filtered since "Turd" has been used 793 time since 2004.

Thanks for the answer and it appears someone is looking for excuses to report me.

Although we, the users, cannot find out who is doing the reporting, I believe it would serve the moderator well to see who is constantly reporting the same people. It might help you see patterns and help you do your jobs a little easier to determine who the data miners are.

Thanks for the answer and for taking the time to respond.

It would also be helpful if a swear list was provided and then their would be no doubt.

Lyle
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LcJ; Dec 02, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:53 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Lyle
In the future please appeal any warnings you have issues with. The word in question is not included in the swear word filter at this time. If you had appealed I would have removed the point unless you were calling someone that name. Then it would be a personal attack. I will talk with the mod that issued the point about this.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Lyle
In the future please appeal any warnings you have issues with. The word in question is not included in the swear word filter at this time. If you had appealed I would have removed the point unless you were calling someone that name. Then it would be a personal attack. I will talk with the mod that issued the point about this.
From what I have been told before, you cans still see the original post, even after it has been edited.

For the record, you can either read it from my PM or I can send a copy of it, but I was speaking about members of Congress, the House and Senate as basturds.
The point was given for getting around the swear filter.

Thanks for whatever you do and please consider comparing inhouse who makes the reports and against who they are mad.

Lyle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:49 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
I think the mod thought you used that spelling to circumvent the swear word filter, when in actuality the word is not in the swear word filter.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:54 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I think the mod thought you used that spelling to circumvent the swear word filter, when in actuality the word is not in the swear word filter.
Then I shall put the original post back in.

Thanks for the time,
Lyle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad