HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:25 AM
Joined Jun 2014
63 Posts
Eye One S and OneLink

I purchased an Eye One S and a OneLink from RC Logger at the 2014 CES. For one reason or another, I only flew with the stock controller until this week. I attempted to get the OneLink to work with my JR 11X, but ran across some issues that I needed outside help to resolve. Net: I managed to get it all working yesterday.

Holy . With the 11X, and the Eye One S in sport mode, this thing is docile! Easily controllable, really stable, really.... boring? I guess I need to play with the expo settings.

But first, and with misplaced confidence, and because I could, I decided to try it in Expert mode.

Holy thirty seconds, five throttle-up seconds, and three crashes later, I know I am in over my head. Time to find a really big grassy field somewhere.

This is gonna be fun!
S24EvMon is online now Find More Posts by S24EvMon
Last edited by S24EvMon; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:17 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,259 Posts
Glad you got the setup working with your JR S24. As for the expert flight mode, yeah I'm still pretty sure even over a year later after release that the EYE One S is still the fastest quad in this size when in expert mode. Have fun and keep us posted on how it goes.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kingston upon Thames
Joined Apr 2014
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Glad you got the setup working with your JR S24. As for the expert flight mode, yeah I'm still pretty sure even over a year later after release that the EYE One S is still the fastest quad in this size when in expert mode. Have fun and keep us posted on how it goes.
Now I know you read the thread...

Do you own an eye one s? Can it do manual flips? Can you post a video of anyone, anywhere doing a manual flip?
Toothfairy is offline Find More Posts by Toothfairy
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:28 PM
Joined Jun 2014
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I am becoming more and more convinced that Sport mode is a trap if you want to be good in Expert mode.

Sport mode has you learning habits and reflexes that are actually counterproductive in Extreme mode. In Sport mode you start relying on auto level, and also if you want to keep moving somewhere you have to keep the elevator and/or rudder off center, and to stop movement you just let go. In Expert, both of these actions will get you killed.

The same is true of the Xtreme, of course.

This is especially puzzling to me, because my first bird was an mQX, which has no accelerometers. I guess that one was "easy" because it isn't all that powerful...
S24EvMon is online now Find More Posts by S24EvMon
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:19 PM
Joined Jun 2014
129 Posts
Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread(I don't feel like looking through 100+ pages) but isnt the 915mhz a slight advantage since you can use a very light and cheap fpv system instead of 5.8ghz, you can now use 2.4ghz(wifi). This is similar to what the dji phantom vision 2 does. The phantom operates using 5.8ghz while the included camera is a Wi-Fi cam(2.4ghz) so the same idea only lower frequency
fpv2012 is offline Find More Posts by fpv2012
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:40 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv2012 View Post
Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread(I don't feel like looking through 100+ pages) but isnt the 915mhz a slight advantage since you can use a very light and cheap fpv system instead of 5.8ghz, you can now use 2.4ghz(wifi). This is similar to what the dji phantom vision 2 does. The phantom operates using 5.8ghz while the included camera is a Wi-Fi cam(2.4ghz) so the same idea only lower frequency
There's the new version - The EYE ONE S that operates on 2.4GHZ.
http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/RC-EY...-S-Mode-2.html

I have the original eye one and tried using RC Loggers One Cam 5.8 GHZ FPV setup meh....

http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/Spare...z-FPV-Kit.html

in sport mode it was so so, since it used the onboard flight lipo it seriously deteriorated the flight time and this was on a set of motors less than 30 flight racked up and new flight lipos.
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old Jul 30, 2014, 07:53 PM
Joined Jun 2014
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPEE View Post
There's the new version - The EYE ONE S that operates on 2.4GHZ.
http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/RC-EY...-S-Mode-2.html

I have the original eye one and tried using RC Loggers One Cam 5.8 GHZ FPV setup meh....

http://www.rclogger.com/RC-EYE/Spare...z-FPV-Kit.html

in sport mode it was so so, since it used the onboard flight lipo it seriously deteriorated the flight time and this was on a set of motors less than 30 flight racked up and new flight lipos.

Yes I know there is a 2.4ghz version. I was simply saying that the 915mhz version would be a good solution for fpv. Its cheaper and can use a cheaper 2.4ghz fpv setup
fpv2012 is offline Find More Posts by fpv2012