SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2009, 05:25 PM
United States, GA, Kathleen
Joined Dec 2007
343 Posts
Discussion
What kind of Heli did you get for Christmas?

Thought I'd see what everybody got for Christmas. My wife got me a Walkera HM 60B. So far so good. 4 flights and I'm getting it trimmed the way I like. What did everybody else get?

johrich
johrich is online now Find More Posts by johrich
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,776 Posts
Im brand new to heli's and my wife got me a COPTERX BLACK ANGEL.Still getting it trimmed so i have only put one bat through it.It has been a bit of a chalange to build and program but im getting it sorted.you gotto start some where i guess.
It has standard motor and 50amp esc
Hitec 5000 gyro and 5083 digi servo
HS 65HBs on cyclic
I am realy looking forward to this new part of the hobby we all enjoy so muc.Makes a hugh change from SLOPE flying.

Shane;Who has lots of work ahead of him
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Dec 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
343 Posts
You may be starting off with a somewhat challenging heli. Have you flown any coaxials, like the Blade CX2? If not, you might want to fly one of those for a month or 2 before flying a collective pitch heli. If you are already familar with the RC controls with your soaring experience, you might be OK, but it's just a thought. The sticks on soaring, I assume control the same functions, but I expect the feel of flying is totally different.

johrich
Last edited by johrich; Dec 26, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 06:39 PM
TEAM OZSKUNKWORX
KORUMBURRA IN THE BOONDOCS
Joined Jan 2006
4,776 Posts
John i have flown coaxial and colective helis before but nothing of this caliba.i also have reflex xtr.I have done a couple of circuit with a trex 450 xl but that was a long time ago.I just put another bat pac through the BA mainly to get the tracking right which was only one turn off.To hover pretty much hands free on 2 clicks of left tail trim is all it took.I was very marticulas with the set up and i wont be rushing in trying to do anything before learning all the proper procedures first.It is great to have a forum like RCG to learn so much more than you could otherwise.

Shane;Who also has a COPTERX SE VII coming which was going to be my learning heli
r/c junkie is offline Find More Posts by r/c junkie
Old Dec 26, 2009, 08:46 PM
Master of Flying Wings......
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
I got a walkera CB180Q heres a vid of it
Walkera 180Q FIRST FLIGHT (1 min 52 sec)
flyingwing12 is offline Find More Posts by flyingwing12
Old Dec 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I got an invisible CopterX CX250 It hasn't shipped yet. Waiting for a few parts to be in stock.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:10 PM
Joined Dec 2007
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c junkie View Post
John i have flown coaxial and colective helis before but nothing of this caliba.i also have reflex xtr.I have done a couple of circuit with a trex 450 xl but that was a long time ago.I just put another bat pac through the BA mainly to get the tracking right which was only one turn off.To hover pretty much hands free on 2 clicks of left tail trim is all it took.I was very marticulas with the set up and i wont be rushing in trying to do anything before learning all the proper procedures first.It is great to have a forum like RCG to learn so much more than you could otherwise.

Shane;Who also has a COPTERX SE VII coming which was going to be my learning heli
Great, sounds good. Have fun.

johrich
Old Dec 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
What's a CopterX 450 SE VII?

Edit: Oh V2 LOL. I thought V7.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Dec 27, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,096 Posts
Total surprize , from my wife I received a Blade CP Pro 2

I have a lot to learn , have been flying MCXs and MSR , but this cp will be all new . Training gear and spare blades ordered , and will have to wait for warmer weather in the Spring to try it outside for learning .
I am so happy !
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2009
1,158 Posts
None for me, I'm good to go. For my brother though, I got him a new set of Align Pro325 woodies, align tail blades and tail fins, cost more then his HK kit, but should make a big difference.
kevinb120 is offline Find More Posts by kevinb120
Old Dec 28, 2009, 12:52 PM
I butcher foam
Springfield, MO
Joined Jun 2008
1,559 Posts
Flyingwing: love the dog!
rballz is offline Find More Posts by rballz
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP View Post
What's a CopterX 450 SE VII?

Edit: Oh V2 LOL. I thought V7.
I finished building another CopterX V2 that Ive had sitting around for the last year on Christmas day......does that count?
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:31 PM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,281 Posts
Are receivers OK that close to motors?
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbone View Post
Are receivers OK that close to motors?
No issues in over two years with two other helis setup similar. Look at almost any micro RTF. They have the RX within 1-2cm of the motor from the factory. The pics make this one look closer than it really is. Its sitting out about 1 inch or so from the motor case. I have some blue wiring braid that I plan on putting on it to clean up the wiring so I will be re routing and re arranging a few things anyway at that time
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Dec 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:28 PM
Auckland
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
I got a 4#3b November but the week leading upto Xmas CP Belt V2, the 4#3b was supposed to be the xmas gift but I got carried away, and my wife was ok with that
Stevewashere is offline Find More Posts by Stevewashere