HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 15, 2015, 04:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
Alert
HobbyKing ripped me off - updated - Resolved!

http://hobbykingsucks.orgfree.com/

Chatlog. Enjoy the read. They suck.
benjaminkeith is offline Find More Posts by benjaminkeith
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2015, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
By the way, this was my 4th conversation with HobbyKing.com at this point. None of the other "Send transcript" attempts from their chat log worked.

TL;DR:

I ordered from HobbyKing.com, they shipped the wrong item, they made ME pay for return shipping of the wrong item, then now they are attempting to charge 20% for restocking the item that they incorrectly sent to me.
benjaminkeith is offline Find More Posts by benjaminkeith
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2015, 06:58 PM
HobbyKingCSNYC's Avatar
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
270 Posts
First of all, cross-posting in multiple threads is not cool and against forum rules.

Second, I'll PM you and we'll see if we can make this right for you. This whole situation doesn't sound right and is atypical for HK CS.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2015, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
*UPDATE*

I got a response from a Mr. Rob C at HobbyKing.com from a rant that I posted.

He apologized for everything that the chat operator stated in the chat log. He also informed me that he wasn't aware of *any* restocking fees associated with HobbyKing.com. He's promised to refund all of my money for this transaction and to kick in some additional incentive for my troubles.

We'll see... Stay tuned!

Thanks Rob!
benjaminkeith is offline Find More Posts by benjaminkeith
Last edited by HobbyKingCSNYC; Feb 16, 2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added "Thanks"
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2015, 03:53 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
startazz's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,847 Posts
If Rob is on the case for you i'll bet it will soon get sorted for you,can't ask for no better than that IMHO.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2015
6 Posts
I got a refund today, thanks only to Rob. Otherwise, I would have been out ~$300.

Still don't have a good feeling about HobbyKing though. :-(
benjaminkeith is offline Find More Posts by benjaminkeith
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 05:35 AM
Registered User
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Oct 2009
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
First of all, cross-posting in multiple threads is not cool and against forum rules.

Second, I'll PM you and we'll see if we can make this right for you. This whole situation doesn't sound right and is atypical for HK CS.

Rob

HK CS NY
It is pathetic and rude arrogance from Hobby King , who are habitual liars about shipping the item.
these guys just create a Tracking number at their Will, without actually shipping items to Postal Companies. Se what transpired with me :

02/05 - I place and oder
02/05 - "Shipped" - Tracking number Lolly Pop given to me... (good 2 weeks from Chinese New Year)
02/06 - 02/28 - NO information update on Singa Post site . I raise a customer request.
03/01 - Singa Post 'Received Information about shipment'
03/01 - Hobby King Customer service assures to help
03/02 - Hobby King CC says "God Promise! We did ship the item back then only! Singpost has technical glitch.
03/03 - Singa Post in an official mail regarding the tracking item categorically says that they have YET (almost 4 weeks) not received the item at their receiving office (Hong Kong / Singapore/Malaysia/Pluto?) .

Who the hell is lying Hobby King ?? Please stop fooling the world. We are quite grown up to believe your Kiddish stories. And I am taking a snapshot of this post, if you covertly delete it like many other genuine expose of your lies.

PS: Dont give a lecture on Rules, Etiquette and honesty. you have none. When people lose time and money, hell with such rules if you dont lend ears to grievances. You covertly 'Acquire' an erstwhile 'Free Speech Forum' like this and build a "Great xyz Firewall' of censorship. But the ugly truth about you remains.
ujjwaana is offline Find More Posts by ujjwaana
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2015, 08:02 AM
HobbyKingCSNYC's Avatar
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
It is pathetic and rude arrogance from Hobby King , who are habitual liars about shipping the item.
these guys just create a Tracking number at their Will, without actually shipping items to Postal Companies.
Completely untrue and not even possible.

Quote:
Se what transpired with me :

02/05 - I place and oder
02/05 - "Shipped" - Tracking number Lolly Pop given to me... (good 2 weeks from Chinese New Year)
02/06 - 02/28 - NO information update on Singa Post site . I raise a customer request.
03/01 - Singa Post 'Received Information about shipment'
03/01 - Hobby King Customer service assures to help
03/02 - Hobby King CC says "God Promise! We did ship the item back then only! Singpost has technical glitch.
03/03 - Singa Post in an official mail regarding the tracking item categorically says that they have YET (almost 4 weeks) not received the item at their receiving office (Hong Kong / Singapore/Malaysia/Pluto?) .
Who knows? They probably have received it.
Quote:
Who the hell is lying Hobby King ??
If you're asking a serious question than at least wait for an answer before jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Please stop fooling the world. We are quite grown up to believe your Kiddish stories. And I am taking a snapshot of this post, if you covertly delete it like many other genuine expose of your lies.

PS: Dont give a lecture on Rules, Etiquette and honesty. you have none.
Again, quite untrue.
Quote:
When people lose time and money,

hell with such rules if you dont lend ears to grievances. You covertly 'Acquire' an erstwhile 'Free Speech Forum' like this and build a "Great xyz Firewall' of censorship. But the ugly truth about you remains.
"What time and money" have you lost?

You chose the cheapest and slowest shipping available... to India. That's pretty much where this all starts and ends. Simple as that. Despite your ranting and incorrect statements I have refunded your shipping costs to your BP as a courtesy since you're a Platinum customer. Typically that would not apply since nothing wrong has transpired here. INTL Reg Air Mail can take up to 39 days for delivery so when you order using that for shipping all you can do is be patient and wait.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools