HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2015, 06:26 PM
El picudo del agave
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,682 Posts
The 3 piece version of the Pike Perfection is already in production. They are calling it the "Pike Perfect".
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2015, 08:27 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,640 Posts
I will keep that two piece wing all day, I love it. And if the three piece wing version is called a Perfect, then you aint flown one of them then. To me, the Perfection is a definate step forward, especially in launch and weight. And one other thing, that to me makes a really great difference, is I can handle the fuse much easier than the Perfect fuse.

No contest to me!
Marc
R.M. Gellart is online now Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Jan 07, 2015, 07:09 AM
Axle209
Sacramento
Joined Jan 2006
326 Posts
I agree with Marc having flow a Perfection for one season now. Until you have been able to make a save close to ground in 60 degree bank (at or near final approach altuide height) and not worry about stalling plane. There is something about the two piece wing that seems to fly better than the Perfect. The only draw back is tuff getting that wing in Honda Civic (joke) .
Axle209 is offline Find More Posts by Axle209
Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:56 AM
Joined Apr 2006
9 Posts
Where do people hold the Perfection F5J for launching. I`m finding it difficult to hold the fuselage under the wing at the Cof G.

Eddy.
Eddy Small is offline Find More Posts by Eddy Small
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:18 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,640 Posts
Does not matter, Perfection or others, I hold forward of wing at arms length to throw any e-sailplane.

Marc
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:06 AM
United States, NY, Hopewell Junction
Joined Sep 2004
159 Posts
I prefer to stay as far from the prop as I can. I hold her by the boom just behind the wing.
rcglider is offline Find More Posts by rcglider
Old Jan 19, 2015, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,640 Posts
RC, Eddy, my first throws I did, I threw the ship and then started the motor. So RC, I understand.

But after doing it a few times, and my motor is on a switch so it was straightforward to start, I found it so easy to start and throw. I have a pic below and it is this kind of throw and it is so much more stable than holding behind the wing and these type ships just fly out of your hands.

Marc
Old Jan 19, 2015, 06:45 PM
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,850 Posts
I've never understood the argument about holding the tail boom being a safety issue. I have always launched this way, and it has never been an issue. I feel I have better control of the plane, always launch near dead level, and just cannot understand the idea that it is a problem.

I see far more issues with those that hold near the front, rear the plane way back and throw. I see so many of these type of launches leading to off level, and thus wildly swerving, launches.

I especially like launching my electric gliders by holding the boom. I hold level, slightly nose up, throttle up and throw it level. I get great launches this way. And the prop is always out in front of me, clear of body parts, and in full view for me. I feel very safe doing this.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R