Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:24 AM
Jack Xie
China
Joined Nov 2009
215 Posts
New Product
New!!! JRC 3D 4CH RC Sky Walker 2.4G Quadcopter Aerocraft with Four-axis Gyroscope

New!!! 3D 4CH RC Sky Walker 2.4G Quadcopter Aerocraft with Four-axis Gyroscope

Features:
- New designed Skywalker Quad Copter
- 2.4G 4CH RC Four-axis Quad Copter that can climb on the wall
- Rolling on the floor or on the ceiling

Specifications:
- Size: 24*21.5*21.5cm
- Material: ABS industrial nylon
- Craft battery: 3.7V/300mAh lipo battery
- Controller battery: 4*AA battery(not included)
- Color: Green/Orange
- Charging time: 60mins
- Flight time: 6mins
- Flight distance: 50M
- Charging method: USB
- Frequency: 2.4G

Function:
Up/Down, Left/Right, Forward/Backward, Leftward flying/Rightward flying, Suspension, Climbing wall, Rolling on the floor/ceiling, it is easy to control.

Package Included:
- 1* Aircraft frame
- 1* Remote controller
- 2 pair* Blades
- 1* USB charging cable
- 2* Batteries
- 1* Outline Frame
- 1* User Manual

More info click Here.

Flying video:
JRC 3D 4CH RC Sky Walker HM1306 2 4G Quadcopter Aerocraft with Four axis Gyroscope RTF flying Video (1 min 21 sec)
tymodel is offline Find More Posts by tymodel
Last edited by tymodel; Sep 25, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Sep 2009
70 Posts
Here it is from a more reliable source and lower price

http://www.banggood.com/HM1306-2_4G-...2-p-75385.html

One listing has two batteries and 4 axis gyro, the other 6 axis and one battery included. I wonder which is correct.
chicagopsych is offline Find More Posts by chicagopsych
Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
Jack Xie
China
Joined Nov 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopsych View Post
Here it is from a more reliable source and lower price

http://www.banggood.com/HM1306-2_4G-...2-p-75385.html

One listing has two batteries and 4 axis gyro, the other 6 axis and one battery included. I wonder which is correct.
This sky walker is 4 axis, never 6 axis.

For the prices, that is the shipping methods different. :-)

We dont use a very long time shipping, not safe.

Cheers,
Jack
tymodel is offline Find More Posts by tymodel
Old Jul 22, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Sep 2009
70 Posts
Sorry if I offended and thanks for the clarifications.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 PM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
I think you mean 4 channel: Throttle, Rudder, Aileron, and Elevator. There are 3-axis gyroscopes and 3-axis accelerometers. When both are used it is called 6-axis in marketing speak.

4-axis is a common translation error for channel. Axis are like dimensions. X, Y, Z. The 4th dimension is time, so a 4-axis quad should be able to go back in time...but only if it can hit 88mph first!

In helis there are 6 channel and those are the 3D models that can fly upside down. It can get a little confusing.

From what I can tell this is a 4 channel quad with both a 3-axis gyro, and a 3-axis accelerometer; "6-axis".
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Jul 23, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Sep 2009
70 Posts
Thanks! That helps a lot. I do see what seems to be the same error on several ads from Chinese manufactured copters. What exactly is the advantages of having a 6 axis over a 3 axis gyro?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:06 AM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
4-axis is a common translation error for channel. Axis are like dimensions. X, Y, Z. The 4th dimension is time, so a 4-axis quad should be able to go back in time...but only if it can hit 88mph first! "
Sorry but your wrong, this is what makes time travel possible.
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:41 AM
Eye to the sky!
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Sorry but your wrong, this is what makes time travel possible.
Ha! Sorry, I should have clarified. 4-axis assumes there is already a flux capacitor installed, just like 3-axis assumes a gyro.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
Eye to the sky!
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopsych View Post
Thanks! That helps a lot. I do see what seems to be the same error on several ads from Chinese manufactured copters. What exactly is the advantages of having a 6 axis over a 3 axis gyro?
6-axis generally has better auto-leveling. Much better for beginners. The Nano QX gives you the option to turn off the accelerometers when you are ready to step up to the next level.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:53 AM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Feb 2013
3,348 Posts
Quote:
6-axis generally has better auto-leveling. Much better for beginners. The Nano QX gives you the option to turn off the accelerometers when you are ready to step up to the next level.
Is acro mode on nQX the same as "3-axis" gyro flight characteristics on other quads?

Someone speculated previously that the translator was confusing "axis" with "axle", which might mean a motor.
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Sep 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 03:51 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,375 Posts
4 axis is simply a marketing ploy, kind of like 3 channel coaxes with 3.5 channels.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
Eye to the sky!
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog View Post
Is acro mode on nQX the same as "3-axis" gyro flight characteristics on other quads?

Someone speculated previously that the translator was confusing "axis" with "axle", which might mean a motor.
It's the same idea, but there is a lot of magic in the individual programming of all the quads.

There is the sensor, and then there is the controller/programming that has to decide what to do with the sensor data.

Quadcopter...4-motor...4-axle...4-axis...well that at least makes some sense!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
Hamster cage!!

This little quadcopter reminds me a lot of one of those little clear plastic balls that your hamster walk/rolls around the house and so your cat can't eat it.

I had quite a hard time converting it to mode one, because I had to swap over the stick units. The cheapo transmitter only has the throttle ratchet on one side. The good news is that it all worked after I re-soldered all the wires to give the correct directions, relative to the stick movements. The only thing I couldn't do was move the trims, because they are surface mounted on the board, but I have no problem with crossover trims.

Mine came with only one battery so I made an adapter to allow me to use all my 1S 300 mAh packs with JST connectors.

I have been running up the walls of the house, closely followed by my wife who says I'm driving her up the wall as well!

It actually flies quite well as a quadcopter and I have been tempted to take it out of its cage to see how well it flys without all of that deadweight. Should be able to handle a cam.

My plan is to drive them crazy at the gym tomorrow, although I will have to be careful to not get tangled in the basketball hoop retraction mechanisms.

I did have one problem where once in a while it just went nuts. It turned out that one of the blades kept stopping. Closer examination found bits of the casting still on one of the gears. Once the main gear was cleaned up. It was pretty easy to control.

Regards,

Eric.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:45 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2013
191 Posts
This was on nitroplanes.com...but of course it's already out of stock!
DDSFlyer is offline Find More Posts by DDSFlyer