HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Discussion
Hitech 9 channe Rx shorted

My wiring harness shorted while plugged into my 9 channel Rx. Its completely dead. Is it repairable ?
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:14 PM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
184 Posts
It would be worth it to send it Hitec. Check their website under customer support. They do great things w/ customer service.
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:21 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,898 Posts
Be thankful then you live in the US of Aye. I had one Optima RX that was dead, and one that was kind of "jittery". I sent them off the local agents, J Perkins, UK. They came back to me and said: "one Optima RX is dead, and the other one is kind of "jittery". Wow. Genius's. "Oh, and they can't be repaired." Oh. "Can I have the antennae back perhaps?" "Yeah, sure, but you need to send us 89765 for postage and handling." "For two tiny liddle bits of wire?" "Yeah". I told them to throw them away ...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:02 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Thats part of my problem too - Im in South Africa
I think I'll post it to the US for repair.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Thats part of my problem too - Im in South Africa I think I'll post it to the US for repair.
"I think I'll post it to the US for repair."
Suggest you email, including photos of board and explanation of cause, to USA Service centre for quote first:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
service@hitecrcd.com any time you have a question"
If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

In most instances of shorted Optima, especially 7ch when user has plugged the SPC lead into the data port,
cost to repair, including freight, is not much different to that of a new unit.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.