New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2015, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by skirmish
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,633 Posts
Discussion
JR DSX11 - Programming Four Servo Glider Wing

I'm hoping someone out there can please help me.

I've had a DSX9 for quite a while and never really fully understood the programming for a four servo wing. Fortunately I got in touch with McGregor and they talked me through ther programming and I ended up with a system that works fine for me.

I've currently got a DSX11 which I'm considering buying off a friend and he's let me borrow it to see how I get on with it.

I've managed to set up a small aerobatic model however I'm now really struggling to programme my four servo wing sailplane. I've even been round to get the assistance off the transmitter's owner and even he's not managed to do it.

If anyone can help then I'd be very grateful and once I've done one I can of course easily copy it to other model memories for my other gliders.

I'm using a six channel receiver and I presume that because my DSX9 managed with that then the DSX11 will too?

Any help much appreciated.

Dave
skirmish is offline Find More Posts by skirmish
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2015, 04:08 PM
Find More Posts by mlachow
Joined Oct 2005
1,430 Posts
Almost any jr programming guide should be a good start. Even a 9503 guide.
mlachow is offline Find More Posts by mlachow
Old Apr 08, 2015, 04:20 PM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,633 Posts
Well I've got a DSX9 guide and now a DSX11 guide and I'm still struggling. As I said, my mater, who has had the TX for a couple of years, was also struggling with the four servo wing set up.

Are there any templates that can be downloaded and then transferred to the model memory SD card?
Old Apr 08, 2015, 05:16 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,430 Posts
You should have selected sailplane and 4 servo wing. So now ailerons are changing 1,2 and flaps on 5,6. Also pick which switches select different flight modes.

You do need to set an offset on the flaps.

Make sure all the surfaces move the correct direction.

All the standard mixes are there, you just have to set values for each of them. There are a lot. Search for sherman knights guide. The 11 does have two different ways of setting camber presets for the different flight modes. I don't know if the model you have provides any guidance on camber presets, travel, or mixes.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 05:35 PM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,633 Posts
As I said at the start I have programming that works fine for my needs in my DSX9. Should I be able to just manually copy that data into the DSX11 and for it to work the same?
Old Apr 08, 2015, 06:11 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmish View Post
As I said at the start I have programming that works fine for my needs in my DSX9. Should I be able to just manually copy that data into the DSX11 and for it to work the same?
Yes, that should work fine. It has worked well for jr radios for years.

You might want to explore some of the 11 features after that. E.g easier to tweak individual surfaces in different flight modes and balancers if your left and right wing surface travels are a little different.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 07:47 AM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,633 Posts
With the very good assistance of McGregor I've now got the hang of the programming and have managed to get the four servo wing glider exactly how I want it.

One quirk with the software in the DSX11 seems to be when you Erase a model mempry. After doing that it immediately then puts you back into the model set up system and you have to go through that before the TX will allow you to do anything else.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by AWorrest
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
950 Posts
That also occurs with the JR11X and the XG series. When you erase the model slot that you are currently in, the erase is more like a model reset. To completely erase a model slot, go to another and then erase the model slot that you want to eliminated.

Allan
AWorrest is online now Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Apr 09, 2015, 01:16 PM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,633 Posts
Hi Allan
Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid that I don't fully follow what you mean. Could you please explain in a little more details.
Thanks