Jul 07, 2012, 10:41 PM
I was with YE back several years ago. It was really cool, great way to go for airplane rides, sometimes they have really cool planes like glastars and sometimes warbirds. Recommended to any 17 or under who just wants to fly.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
Game on
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
Nice But what is EAA youth eagles?
It's a very large group that is aimed at getting youth interested in aviation. That have different chapters all over the country and those chapters get pilots to donate their time, plane and gas so that kids can get free rids in airplanes.

It's really an awesome organization. They have camps up at oshkosh every summer for kids interested in aviation. I have gone the past 2 years and it is by far one of the coolest things I have ever done. They teach you how to work with composites, sheet metal, and they also teach you how to weld.

Definately something worth looking into imo
Jul 07, 2012, 10:45 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
You get to fly big boy airplanes for free
Amen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D
I was with YE back several years ago. It was really cool, great way to go for airplane rides, sometimes they have really cool planes like glastars and sometimes warbirds. Recommended to any 17 or under who just wants to fly.
Cool! I'm going to join! There's a member 30 minutes away from me
Jul 07, 2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D
Do they let you fly?
And its in partership with the AMA right?
Jul 07, 2012, 10:48 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Quote:
I'm joining the EAA youth Eagles!!!
Gonna call tomorrow and set up a flight time!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
Nice But what is EAA youth eagles?
Just looked up on the site and Dad has flown 146 kids and was the 95th pilot to join the progam a long time ago. I remember we both heard about it at oshkosh from Chuck Yager and so he signed up right then!

Basically is a way for pilots to take the future leaders for a ride to gain a positive experience with aviation. It has many purposes but it helps promote aviation in so many differnent ways.
Jul 07, 2012, 10:52 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
had the blue angels buzz over the truck on the way back from a gunshow in dayton...thats all i got
Jul 07, 2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Amen

Cool! I'm going to join! There's a member 30 minutes away from me

Youre welcome
Jul 07, 2012, 10:54 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Youre welcome
Merci Beacoup
Jul 08, 2012, 01:22 AM
Team Twisted!
Where is a good place to get the powerlab 8 from? They seem to be out of stock at all the places i trust buying from. Also if 6s is the biggest pack i am going to charge should i just get the PL6 instead or are there any other advantages to getting the PL8?
Jul 08, 2012, 01:46 AM
Shore Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Merci Beacoup
Perhaps you really meant: Merci beaucoup.
Last edited by KE Spin; Jul 08, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Jul 08, 2012, 05:03 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Where is a good place to get the powerlab 8 from? They seem to be out of stock at all the places i trust buying from. Also if 6s is the biggest pack i am going to charge should i just get the PL6 instead or are there any other advantages to getting the PL8?
Is ep buddy out of stock also?
Jul 08, 2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
http://www.youngeagles.org/programs/
Plankey-
Did you go to the mankato air show? They had te blue angels there. And the 1100 lb oracle...as shown on the home page of that link.
I owned a Piper Arrow for 16 years and I participated in that program giving free rides. The looks on their faces was always priceless.
Jul 08, 2012, 07:18 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
http://www.youngeagles.org/programs/
Plankey-
Did you go to the mankato air show? They had te blue angels there. And the 1100 lb oracle...as shown on the home page of that link.
No I didn't go. There is a air expo next weekend at flying cloud though. That is where I am going to do my introductory flight lesson at.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Ok so when should the word "too" be used? I see alot of "too much", but I thought too was only to be used when you could put "also" in there too. Like that. I could have put also instead of too but then it would sound weird. So, can someone confirm the proper way to use the word "too"? I have already googled this and I am get mixed up stuff.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:22 AM
Too is like i want to go too. Its whenever there is more. I want to have a plane too.
I want to go to the plane.
I want to go too.

Quick Reply