HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
Hello All

i am still struggling with the calibration of my flydumini, because i am not
so experienced with the MultiWii system and this is my first one. (with WMP+ and BMA020)
Because i have not much experience in flying in Acro mode i am not able to calibrate
the mini in Acro mode.
Like Goofy23 i tried to fly in Stable mode first.

My problem is that after each plugging a new full Lipo, the copter is several degrees
off horizontal level and i have to trim ACC again.
Doesn't the software store the settings from the flight before?
This is really nerve-wracking.
magomora is offline Find More Posts by magomora
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
@Paul

Da ich diese Woche noch Urlaub habe, währe es evtl. möglich, das wir uns die nächsten Tage mal für ne halbe oder eine Stunde Treffen können und Du mir mit meinem Mini helfen könntest ?

Gruß
Andreas
magomora is offline Find More Posts by magomora
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:23 PM
try to fly
Germany, MV, Rostock
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
I wonder if anyone using the Flyduino centerplate is having mag problems: Is the mag behaving weird if you throttle up?

Nils
Hallo Nils,
wenn du mein Problem meinst, kann ich nur sagen es passiert garnichts. Die ESC's geben keinen Ton von sich, in der GUI keine Anzeige, nichts. Ich bin langsam am verzweifeln, wenn ich lese, das alle fliegen, und bei mir ist keine Bewegung. Ich denke schon nach ein anderes Board zu nutzen, nur war dann alles umsonst, das kann es ja auch nicht sein. Gibt es jemanden in der nähe Rostock's der mir helfen könnte? Sieht wohl nicht so aus. Werde wohl bis nach Neujahr warten, vielleicht es gibt wieder mehr Aktivitäten. Gruß Bernd

Hello Nils,
If you mean my problem, I can only say it nothing happens. The ESC's be no sound, no display in the GUI, nothing. I am slow to despair when I read all the fly, and at me is not a movement. I think after another board to use, only then was all in vain, that it can not be. Is there anyone near Rostock's could help me? Looks good does not like it. 'll Probably wait until after New Year, maybe there is more activity again. Greetings Bernd.

I use: WMP, BMA020 and Flyduinomega v2.1
Krasi is offline Find More Posts by Krasi
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:08 AM
Registered User
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevermeister View Post
I wonder if anyone using the Flyduino centerplate is having mag problems: Is the mag behaving weird if you throttle up?

Nils
I use several flyduino configs and have experienced mag problems with my biggest (80A peaks, Paris 4.0 + Sirius) and my smallest (30A peaks, MWC Board + drotek 10 DOF llc) copter. But until now, I have not done any fundamental investigations. I will dig into it on march when I'm moved to a bigger house and have enough space for my hobbies.
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
never mind, it turns out to be another issue, not flyduino related.
I'm using flyduino with multiwii 1.9 in quadX. I've encountered an issue that pwm signal of my front left motor(pin2) is not stable. when I add throttle, the motor connecting to it first increase speed, then slowly decrease speed. If at low throttle,it even stops sometime. If I connect this esc/motor to other pins (3,5,6), it works smoothly. I also modified the code to output front left motor to pwm pin 7, the same issue persists.
Thanks a lot.
sdumpling is offline Find More Posts by sdumpling
Last edited by sdumpling; Dec 29, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:33 PM
Registered User
bob4432's Avatar
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magomora View Post
Hello All

i am still struggling with the calibration of my flydumini, because i am not
so experienced with the MultiWii system and this is my first one. (with WMP+ and BMA020)
Because i have not much experience in flying in Acro mode i am not able to calibrate
the mini in Acro mode.
Like Goofy23 i tried to fly in Stable mode first.

My problem is that after each plugging a new full Lipo, the copter is several degrees
off horizontal level and i have to trim ACC again.
Doesn't the software store the settings from the flight before?
This is really nerve-wracking.
I know you figured out your problem, but yes, ACC data is saved but gyro data is not, so everytime you plug in or turn on the FC the gyro is re-calibrated. Personally what I do is plug in my MW based flight control, then after the battery is strapped in and I can set the copter somewhere still, I will reset it. Seems to work well for me.
bob4432 is online now Find More Posts by bob4432
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
Registered User
nasgul's Avatar
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
ok, managed to upload sketch to my flydumini, and get into gui ok. here's the question though...... when connected to gui, i can arm board and motors fine, however, when disconnected from gui, i plug lipo in, go to arm board (which it does) but esc's refuse to arm, and start beeping. it's like the flydumini forgets all settings? help?
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:12 AM
Registered User
België, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
WM+ wiring ..

Hi guys..

I built my quadcopter now and every time I look'd upon reference pictures, schematics or what ever.. It was always done different..

I made this to clear it up to you.. Some of the photo's were taken from warthox & goofy23's quads and they were wired different too.

Can someone please tell me how to wire the WM+ to a flydusense v2 board CORRECTLY? It's always done different on photos so I don't know what to believe. MultiWii 1.9 doesn't read my gyro.. but 1.8p2 does, so maybe its my wiring because I did it wrong cause of the reference pictures.

Thanks !!

Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
.....battery is strapped in and I can set the copter somewhere still, I will reset it. Seems to work well for me.
OK, i hope i got you right.
Every time before flight, i have to recalibrate the gyros with sticks on RC
( Throttle: bottom left and Pitch/Nick: bottom/back ?

And a second question: has the copter to be just stand still
or has it to be leveled as well?
magomora is offline Find More Posts by magomora
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:18 AM
Registered User
quadraf's Avatar
Holland
Joined Apr 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
Hi guys..

I built my quadcopter now and every time I look'd upon reference pictures, schematics or what ever.. It was always done different..

I made this to clear it up to you.. Some of the photo's were taken from warthox & goofy23's quads and they were wired different too.

Can someone please tell me how to wire the WM+ to a flydusense v2 board CORRECTLY? It's always done different on photos so I don't know what to believe. MultiWii 1.9 doesn't read my gyro.. but 1.8p2 does, so maybe its my wiring because I did it wrong cause of the reference pictures.

Thanks !!
What i can see in your picture is that in your case pin 2 is VCC ( first not connected,because no connection). pin 7&8 are GND pins so you may connect 1 or both!. The rest of the pin connections i cannot see in your picture...
I gues you have it connected correctly because you say it worked in 1.8p2. In 1.9 there is no difference in schematic. Maybe a wire got loose, check your solderings...
Hans
quadraf is offline Find More Posts by quadraf
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:22 AM
Registered User
België, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraf View Post
What i can see in your picture is that in your case pin 2 is VCC ( first not connected,because no connection). pin 7&8 are GND pins so you may connect 1 or both!. The rest of the pin connections i cannot see in your picture...
I gues you have it connected correctly because you say it worked in 1.8p2. In 1.9 there is no difference in schematic. Maybe a wire got loose, check your solderings...
Hans
Thanks ! Stupid they didn't put it on the diagram.. It's confusing if you don't know it.

I'm getting lots and lots of errors in debug2 with 1.9, whats wrong? In 1.8p2 everything works... It's an original WM+
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Last edited by Jessestr; Dec 30, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 08:59 AM
Registered User
M4d_D's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi there ...

i have a flydumini which doesnt want to fly ... it always flips when hovering ... i had to change the programming because the gyros dont work when its the correct way up , so i changed the props and it flies upside down but welll ... these sudden flips are weird ...

its built with turnigy 10A escs , 2000kv HK motors , original wm+ and bma020

can anyone help?
if not : does anyone want to buy it , i really dont have any fun with this thing , something like this never happened before , maybe someone else wants to try his / her luck
if so : please pm me :-)
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:48 AM
Registered User
België, Vlaams Gewest, Evergem
Joined Nov 2011
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
hi there ...

i have a flydumini which doesnt want to fly ... it always flips when hovering ... i had to change the programming because the gyros dont work when its the correct way up , so i changed the props and it flies upside down but welll ... these sudden flips are weird ...

its built with turnigy 10A escs , 2000kv HK motors , original wm+ and bma020

can anyone help?
if not : does anyone want to buy it , i really dont have any fun with this thing , something like this never happened before , maybe someone else wants to try his / her luck
if so : please pm me :-)
I also use an original WM+ and a BMA020, also got problems.. Stupid eh ..
Jessestr is offline Find More Posts by Jessestr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:51 AM
Registered User
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2011
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
hi there ...

i have a flydumini which doesnt want to fly ... it always flips when hovering ... i had to change the programming because the gyros dont work when its the correct way up , so i changed the props and it flies upside down but welll ... these sudden flips are weird ...

its built with turnigy 10A escs , 2000kv HK motors , original wm+ and bma020

can anyone help?
if not : does anyone want to buy it , i really dont have any fun with this thing , something like this never happened before , maybe someone else wants to try his / her luck
if so : please pm me :-)
Come on Sissy, you are not allowed to sell your flydumini without proof of maiden flight!!! ;-)

Can you hoover it a while or does it immediately flips after start?
Does the litte copter arrows/ symbol on the right bottom of the config-prg move accordingly to the copter if you move it within your hands?

Please make a Hardcopy of your Multiwiiconf and a picture of your flydumini from (thus we can check the values and wires). And be so kind, to mark the way your props run on every arm (left/ right).

Let's go :-)
zerosight is offline Find More Posts by zerosight
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
Registered User
M4d_D's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
sissy ? dont call me a sissy ^^

it flys for a few seconds and flips afterwards

wiring is according to all other pictures in this thread, so i think it should be fine

the pictures on the screen move correctly but very slow , so when i move the quad quite fast the picture is too slow , looks a bit like a lagging online game ^^

das bild bewegt sich zwar aber hängt iwie hinterher , hab ka , hatte das noch nie bei nem modell
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Please let me introduce myself jimaquo Dock Talk 7 Oct 27, 2010 02:27 AM
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!) modest-master Sport Planes 7 Aug 25, 2002 11:46 PM
Let me introduce Angelis 280/400, Benjamin, Zombi (ARFs) modest-master Parkflyers 17 Mar 14, 2002 01:20 PM
Let me introduce the "NIKE" modest-master Electric Sailplanes 3 Mar 07, 2002 05:20 AM