SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:29 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
It is possible...yes. I've been considering adding a graphing option like Qgroundcontrol, but you're the first person to mention it...
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Oct 2010
74 Posts
Mate do you recommend me to use Ardu Mega for my project. i will be using 4 Chanel plane
alz3abi is offline Find More Posts by alz3abi
Old Feb 03, 2011, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
It's up to you. You said your budget is $600-$800. AttoPilot falls in that range...but it's not open source. So you can't change anything other than the flight plan and those items that can be changed by parameter. But it's very functional.

The ArduPilot Mega doesn't have a whole lot of flight time and it's still very much under construction. But it is open source...so you could possibly change anything that doesn't work if you knew how.

So it's your call.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:45 PM
Irv
AKA the"Old Flyer" KI6SPO
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Aug 2004
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Got it fixed. Will be working in the next release. You'll still be able to playback the files you already have recorded.
I am having the same 'Conversion from string "+++ASP" to type 'Long' is not valid' error on replay of a .hko file. I'm using v1.2.29
Irv is offline Find More Posts by Irv
Old Feb 03, 2011, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Yes, that will be fixed with my next update. I'm trying to hammer out the ArduPilot Mega's MAVlink parameter downloads.
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:17 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
I have a small polite request, can you please give credit to the OpenPilot project for some of the models you are using. Many of these were done by OpenPilot for our GCS and the license is CC-BY-SA.

I have no issue at all with you using them and I think your GCS looks brilliant, it really is a great piece of work and I'm also glad you like the ModelView idea. Just want to make sure our license is respected.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Feb 07, 2011, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankers View Post
I have a small polite request, can you please give credit to the OpenPilot project for some of the models you are using. Many of these were done by OpenPilot for our GCS and the license is CC-BY-SA.

I have no issue at all with you using them and I think your GCS looks brilliant, it really is a great piece of work and I'm also glad you like the ModelView idea. Just want to make sure our license is respected.
That's an interesting request. I'd love to...as a matter of fact, I show their credits on the splash screen every time the program is loaded...which is also the About page and includes a clickable link back to this page http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/WIKI/OpenPilot+Wiki. So I'm not sure what else you'd have me do.

Also, dankers, why have you guys taken so long to release something on the GCS side? Last time I checked, it was possible to check things out from the SVN and compile it yourself, but there was no pre-built executable or installer? I think I came across your site last October when I started on my GCS. I really liked the looks!!!! But still nothing to try!?!?!

Last edited by HappyKillmore; Feb 07, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:28 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv View Post
I am having the same 'Conversion from string "+++ASP" to type 'Long' is not valid' error on replay of a .hko file. I'm using v1.2.29
Irv,

Confirmed that Happy has addressed in new version. Works without error and also old files run now.

Thanks Happy.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:49 AM
Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Joined May 2006
136 Posts
Hello,
did anyone tryied to run HK GCS to Windows Embedded devices?
MarekM is offline Find More Posts by MarekM
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:20 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
GCS and USB port

Has anyone connected to Atto V2 using a USB UART. I haven't got my modems and I just wanted to bench test the system, but I'm not seeing a data stream out of Auto. I get just a few char's when it boots up and than nothing. I have it set up for 9600-N-8-1 no flow control. The USB is a FT232R USB UART.
WA2TQI is offline Find More Posts by WA2TQI
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Do you see data in HyperTerminal?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:02 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
Atto

I only see a couple of chars using HyperTerm and than nothing more. It is always the same chars.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Can you try typing $Q,0,0*FF in HyperTerminal and see what happens?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:46 PM
NJ
Joined Dec 2006
68 Posts
What Baud rate should I be Using. I have not set anything in atto. It is just a stock V2 with Thermalpiles.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA2TQI View Post
What Baud rate should I be Using. I have not set anything in atto. It is just a stock V2 with Thermalpiles.
I think the default will be 19200 as per the SET file.

Atto will not output any proper data until you have a GPS lock and have set 'home' by cycling into AUTO and back to MANUAL.

Hope this helps.

Ad
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac