HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:33 AM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theborg View Post
They are not open on Wednesday, they usually have what i need in the way of parts. If you call i am sure they will confirm the part is in stock or order one for you if it is a common product. it will be worth the drive it is a man cave haven. PM me if you need something. I will be on the island this weekend. I think i will try my own version of the light house video
If you fly the lighthouse the best spot i found was the last street before you turn in to the lighthouse parking lot has a entrance to the jetty and its wide open no one ever walks the path/beach area.....Plenty of belly landing room and even some rough grass areas....

What will you be flying?
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:02 AM
Registered User
Buzzcut2239's Avatar
United States, NJ, Gloucester Township
Joined Jan 2012
133 Posts
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
Awesome much closer then Jackson hobby and thats been my money pit this whole time awesome cant wait to check it out..

they have lots of stuff in stock?
Here's another reccomendation for Recreation Depot in Mt. Holly. Rt 38 and the Lumberton by-pass across from the Lowes. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff with a large supply of parts. Make sure you call first because they are a very popular LHS and sometimes have problems keeping parts in stock because of this. I get all of my stuff from there but thankfully havn't been there in quite a while.
Buzzcut2239 is online now Find More Posts by Buzzcut2239
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,308 Posts
That's great to know..
Not to many hobby shops around and the ones I have found most don't carry much in the way of planes just cars and truck stuff...
Can't wait to chek it out I have a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Registered User
USA, NJ, Burlington
Joined Sep 2004
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
If you fly the lighthouse the best spot i found was the last street before you turn in to the lighthouse parking lot has a entrance to the jetty and its wide open no one ever walks the path/beach area.....Plenty of belly landing room and even some rough grass areas....

What will you be flying?
Smittyplugs

I made a lite-weight striker that I mounted a key-chain cam on, I have only tried it in the local park. A friend and I want to take a bunch of flight video from interesting locations and piece them together. The stryker might be too lite, we will see what happens. I could always use my wildcat .
theborg is offline Find More Posts by theborg
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
H2oSmokey
dainw's Avatar
Mill Creek, WA
Joined Jun 2009
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
Hey guys.Has anybody here have pitching up problems when running stock motor with stock battery?
I have to dile in about 8 clicks of down elevator with the stock {or any other make of 1300 bat}. Is this normal for the rest of you? The problem happens about 3/4 throttle on up.
Was thinking of using a 2200 3 cell{yes, i know this is the preferred
bat people use} but i was thinking of 1/4 inch spacer instead of 1/2.
Anybody else have to do this?
Don't get me wrong. it flys just fine with 8 clicks down using stock 1300.
A m i just to picky or what?
Yep, same . . look at my earlier posts. So far I've tried weights with no change, also moved battery back, no change. Am pending a flight (rain here for months) with the motor mount adjusted for more down. Also, there is a previous link to a DX6 or 6i throttle elevator mix which inputs down elevator above 50% throttle. RESULTS PENDING.
dainw is offline Find More Posts by dainw
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dainw View Post
Yep, same . . look at my earlier posts. So far I've tried weights with no change, also moved battery back, no change. Am pending a flight (rain here for months) with the motor mount adjusted for more down. Also, there is a previous link to a DX6 or 6i throttle elevator mix which inputs down elevator above 50% throttle. RESULTS PENDING.
I tried to mix in down elevator with throttle,{12%down} does not seem to help.

Will try 20% next time, but maybe after{thanks for reminding me}putting on washers for more down thrust.
If i remember to. i will report findings.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
I tried to mix in down elevator with throttle,{12%down} does not seem to help.

Will try 20% next time, but maybe after{thanks for reminding me}putting on washers for more down thrust.
If i remember to. i will report findings.
I had the same problem, did both of the above, and am flying happy now
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
I tried to mix in down elevator with throttle,{12%down} does not seem to help.

Will try 20% next time, but maybe after{thanks for reminding me}putting on washers for more down thrust.
If i remember to. i will report findings.
I mix 4% down elevator with a 45% throttle offset (DX7), she flys flat at full throttle (well maybe a slight rise). I am using a 2200mah battery. I also used the 1/2 spacer, but that seems to help grease the landings
windrnone is online now Find More Posts by windrnone
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
lownslow
windrnone's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
If you fly the lighthouse the best spot i found was the last street before you turn in to the lighthouse parking lot has a entrance to the jetty and its wide open no one ever walks the path/beach area.....Plenty of belly landing room and even some rough grass areas....

What will you be flying?
Are you referring to the Barnegat lighthouse?
windrnone is online now Find More Posts by windrnone
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrnone View Post
Are you referring to the Barnegat lighthouse?
Yup barnagat lighthouse....
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
So, I got an PZ F4F for a fathers day gift. Got her home and put it togather and added some red stipes on the bottom of the wing to help my nearly 41 year old eyes to see the bottom better in rolls and such. I was excited to get her in the air!!!!!! The sun had settled behind the tall East Texas pines so didn't need sunglasses. Ther were storm clouds not too far off but the wind was only about 5-6 mph. Tossed her up in the air and she was flying but realllllly nose heavy and ail rolling right. Got her up higher and started to trim her but now the wind just kicked up big time! 15-18 mph gusts!!!! I couldn't even think about trimming her in this wind and now I was at full throttle just to fight this wind. Got her turned around to land into this monster wind, nose heavy and rolling right. Dropped the throttle to about 2/3 and started desending for landing trying to over come the nose drop and right roll!!! Got her down to half throttle on approach and from about 30ft in the air, a wind sheer helped me stall it and slammed her into the ground! I broke the motor mount, cowl, bent prop, right wing and right hor stab. Everything glued back nicely and I had an extra ACP 9X6 here. She is ready for another go but next time I see a storm coming, I think I will wait!!!! The pisser of it all is, we didn't get a drop of rain and we need it bad. Here are the stripes I added to the bottom of the wings.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
Rich
flycracker's Avatar
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
So, I got an PZ F4F for a fathers day gift. Got her home and put it togather and added some red stipes on the bottom of the wing to help my nearly 41 year old eyes to see the bottom better in rolls and such. I was excited to get her in the air!!!!!! The sun had settled behind the tall East Texas pines so didn't need sunglasses. Ther were storm clouds not too far off but the wind was only about 5-6 mph. Tossed her up in the air and she was flying but realllllly nose heavy and ail rolling right. Got her up higher and started to trim her but now the wind just kicked up big time! 15-18 mph gusts!!!! I couldn't even think about trimming her in this wind and now I was at full throttle just to fight this wind. Got her turned around to land into this monster wind, nose heavy and rolling right. Dropped the throttle to about 2/3 and started desending for landing trying to over come the nose drop and right roll!!! Got her down to half throttle on approach and from about 30ft in the air, a wind sheer helped me stall it and slammed her into the ground! I broke the motor mount, cowl, bent prop, right wing and right hor stab. Everything glued back nicely and I had an extra ACP 9X6 here. She is ready for another go but next time I see a storm coming, I think I will wait!!!! The pisser of it all is, we didn't get a drop of rain and we need it bad. Here are the stripes I added to the bottom of the wings.
Really bad luck . Hate to hear bad things about the Wilcat. Sorry friend. Next flight be better
Rich
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
You can't take the sky from me
copperbricks's Avatar
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
I had a great time today with mine at my club. The treasurer brought out a little PTO tube setup, and we clocked it at 78.5 mph- barely slower than his edf! I also did some streamer combat against a Parkzone p-47, and Bf109, and even though I'm not so great at streamer combat I out maneuvered and out accelerated them everywhere. One thing I've noticed though is at full throttle, the torque is something awful, and takes a lot of aileron to keep level, and makes full throttle only for flat out speed runs. My setup is a G10 1200kv, e-flite 40 amp pro, and PKS 9.5x7.5 prop. Pulls around 48 amps,and 500 watts with a 3 cell. And with my 2200s I get about 6 minutes! Pleased with this setup.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:41 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
The G10 will take a 4 cell

8 x 6? Maybe less torque roll?

IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:30 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
So, I got an PZ F4F for a fathers day gift. Got her home and put it togather and added some red stipes on the bottom of the wing to help my nearly 41 year old eyes to see the bottom better in rolls and such. I was excited to get her in the air!!!!!! The sun had settled behind the tall East Texas pines so didn't need sunglasses. Ther were storm clouds not too far off but the wind was only about 5-6 mph. Tossed her up in the air and she was flying but realllllly nose heavy and ail rolling right. Got her up higher and started to trim her but now the wind just kicked up big time! 15-18 mph gusts!!!! I couldn't even think about trimming her in this wind and now I was at full throttle just to fight this wind. Got her turned around to land into this monster wind, nose heavy and rolling right. Dropped the throttle to about 2/3 and started desending for landing trying to over come the nose drop and right roll!!! Got her down to half throttle on approach and from about 30ft in the air, a wind sheer helped me stall it and slammed her into the ground! I broke the motor mount, cowl, bent prop, right wing and right hor stab. Everything glued back nicely and I had an extra ACP 9X6 here. She is ready for another go but next time I see a storm coming, I think I will wait!!!! The pisser of it all is, we didn't get a drop of rain and we need it bad. Here are the stripes I added to the bottom of the wings.
OK, got her back in the air yesterday at my club and got her trimmed out but is still was rolling hard to the right. Adjusted Ail enough to get her to fly streight. When I landed, I saw that the Ail's were set enough to make a good left turn on most planes. Grabed it by the motor shaft and she rolled quickly right. Another guy showed up with his F4F and I asked him about his and he then showed me the quaters taped to the left wing of his and his Ail's were almost in a left roll position! I was thinking of putting some weights in the left wing but do I want to ballance it or just make it not as offset? I'm pretty sure it is ballanced this way for torque roll but it has too much offset weight. Am I right or should it be ballanced even?
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!! ilovejets1 Parkflyers 34 Dec 09, 2010 09:29 PM
Build Log Dumas 17.5" F4F Wildcat LoneRanger Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 53 Jul 07, 2010 09:34 AM
Wanted TRADE MY NEW EFLITE P47 your ALFA F4F WILDCAT! BRUTUS2238 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 10, 2010 09:31 AM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 03:00 PM
Discussion Scratchbuilt F4F Wildcat kylewoody Parkflyers 2 Sep 01, 2009 08:18 PM