SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Canada, BC, Aldergrove
Joined May 2011
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I don't think so... Your mix is the fix. I do it also but leave some rudder on the right stick in case my brain thinks ailerons
I am new to the hobby. I have a dx8, could you give me a step by step instruction for programming the mix, from rudder right stick to rudder left stick?

Thanks in advance,
Robin.
YelKiteFlyer is offline Find More Posts by YelKiteFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
You need to use two mixes.

Rudder -> Aileron mix, +100, +100
Aileron -> Aileron mix, -100, -100

On all the time, with trim.

The two numbers are the adjustment for negative movement and positive movement.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, KY, Prospect
Joined May 2004
92 Posts
My Night Vapor got wet- Now what?

Flying off of my boat at night has it's inherrant dangers. Add a bunch of booze to this equation and you end up with one Night Vapor taking the plunge.

So here is what happens:

I turn it on and it will bind. THe lights all work. The rudder and elevator are very jerky and have about a second delay. The motor starts to spin up and then shuts off.

Is there any saving this thing or is it headed to the trash.

Guessing it is the ESC / board. Can I fix this?
Red5 is offline Find More Posts by Red5
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
Life is better, when you fly.
United States, CO, Conifer
Joined Oct 2006
128 Posts
Salt water or fresh water?
I've dunked a couple of my micro blade heli's in hotel fountains and as long as I pull the battery right away and let them dry, they work fine.

From the sounds though, I think you need a replacement ESC.
Docta is offline Find More Posts by Docta
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
Flying off of my boat at night has it's inherrant dangers. Add a bunch of booze to this equation and you end up with one Night Vapor taking the plunge.

So here is what happens:

I turn it on and it will bind. THe lights all work. The rudder and elevator are very jerky and have about a second delay. The motor starts to spin up and then shuts off.

Is there any saving this thing or is it headed to the trash.

Guessing it is the ESC / board. Can I fix this?

The Motor shutting off is probably the battery. Water is how you kill them. Buy a new one.

Use a #000 phillips screw driver to remove the servo racks. Use alcohol and a Q-tip to wipe the carbon off the resistive strips and servo brushes, then screw the racks back on.

You may have hurt the ESC if you tried to run the brick while it was still wet, but I'd still go with the battery.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:54 PM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
139 Posts
Waterproofing ESC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The Motor shutting off is probably the battery. Water is how you kill them. Buy a new one.

Use a #000 phillips screw driver to remove the servo racks. Use alcohol and a Q-tip to wipe the carbon off the resistive strips and servo brushes, then screw the racks back on.

You may have hurt the ESC if you tried to run the brick while it was still wet, but I'd still go with the battery.
The esc could have been dried out but yes running just to see if it still works.........There is product called "Corrosion X" which the waterplane guys use. You can use it to waterproof almost anthing electrical. I had a receiver proofed with this which survived 2 weeks in storms hung high up a tree.
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:52 PM
AMA 988154
United States, NJ, Somerset
Joined Jan 2009
194 Posts
I 've had my NV for a few months now, first plane. I bought a prop saver and some GWS props from rcfunlab. The props are a EP4040, EP4025 and a EP4540. Is there a preferred one or is the stock prop still my best choice? The NV is a fun plane even though I only fly it indoors in a armory, lots of space and at least a 30 foot ceiling

Thanks for any suggestions.
k4pacific is offline Find More Posts by k4pacific
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
I've not been a reader of this thread... I've just subscribed... so, I may be speaking in ignorance. But, the stock prop is a metric140x45 (5.5x1.8 inches) or about equal to a 5518 in the EP numbering scheme. I don't know what the stock prop weighs but the 4040 is almost 1.1 g. and the 4025 is 1.25 g... that is almost 1/10 the weight of my vapor's 16.5 grams, and the propsaver and o-ring will probably bring the total up to 25% of the plane's all-up weight (AUW). You might end up nose heavy.

I'll be reading the thread to see what others' might have said. have you thought of using the thread tools to search for "prop"?

Edited after some searching.....

I didn't know about the little GWJ propsavers... you might be on to something. I still think you'd need to beware of nose weight but others have done it.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Oct 01, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:42 PM
AMA 988154
United States, NJ, Somerset
Joined Jan 2009
194 Posts
Yes. I did search "props" just about everything I found pertained to props with broken shafts, not much on performance with various sizes. The stock NV prop weighs 1.26 grams with spinner, .90 without.
k4pacific is offline Find More Posts by k4pacific
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
There was a feller in Colorado at post #620 that was using some non-stock props to advantage.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:53 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pacific View Post
Yes. I did search "props" just about everything I found pertained to props with broken shafts, not much on performance with various sizes. The stock NV prop weighs 1.26 grams with spinner, .90 without.
Go to page 22, I posted a pic of the prop and a link. There not cheap but you'll never regret buying one. I've used this prop on the Vapor since it first came out. Haven't broke a prop or a prop shaft yet and it's quite an improvement over the stock one. Keep reading after pg22 because there's a elevator mod that should be done to all Vapors.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:39 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,256 Posts
That elevator mod is a good idea. I've never been one to "speed" fly or dive my NV but if your outside and a sudden gust hits you head on, you will get the sudden nose dive effect from that too. Normally I have no problem with the stock tail but after the other day I may do the mod. I was lucky and recovered before it hit the ground.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:08 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
I might try a 5030 prop. I have prop adapters. I use j3 motor stock prop and love it.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Had a NV for two weeks now, getting used to flying it in our lounge

Night Vapor Indoor Flying (0 min 34 sec)
Nobby33 is offline Find More Posts by Nobby33
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Just to add on to that... My vapors are flown in my living room 99% of the time and I love them for the ability to do so. Nearly a constant turn (small living room!), but so much fun.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids