HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:10 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Set Timer to Throttle Out
I set it to Throttle Out and rebooted, does not work for me, timer keeps running?
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
What is your Timer set to?
Throttle Out uses the channel output so if your Throttle Cut is properly set .
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,958 Posts
Here's a stupid-people-trick related to that throttle cut.

I have a Dx8, latest software. I probably used the wrong thing, but now I'm trying to fix this. i have a Multiplex Mentor (Electric powered, of course), and thought I should put a throttle safety on it while at the field. I went to the Throttle Cut page, and programmed it with a mix switch. Worked, except when 'off' of course the throttle was off, when I flipped the switch to fly, it makes the motor turn at low rpm even the the stick is full down. I can see the carat is up some from zero on the monitor page.

So I didn't like it and just put the Throttle Cut back to Inhibit, but now the throttle is still stuck up from zero a little bit, making the motor run. How do I get it back to zero? I didn't change any numbers on the Throttle Cut page when I tried it.

Help me make it go away! Thanks!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:17 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
When you set Throttle Cut make sure if you have neutral trim on the throttle that you set Throttle Cut to 29% or the value needed so when you toggle the TC switch the throttle channel does not move.

Then Re-Calibrate your esc throttle setting.

PS: There was an article published in the Fall Edition of the ParkPilot mag where they mention this very issue they also happened to mention my name. 15 seconds of fame.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:18 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
What is your Timer set to?
Throttle Out uses the channel output so if your Throttle Cut is properly set .
Timer set to Countdown/10:00
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:18 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
When you set Throttle Cut make sure if you have neutral trim on the throttle that you set Throttle Cut to 29% or the value needed so when you toggle the TC switch the throttle channel does not move.

Then Re-Calibrate your esc throttle setting.

PS: There was an article published in the Fall Edition of the ParkPilot mag where they mention this very issue they also happened to mention my name. 15 seconds of fame.
There is second way that may make more sense for some. Set your throttle trim all the way down. Set your TC to 0%. TC switch and low throttle will match. Rebind.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:36 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
There is second way that may make more sense for some. <snip>
Yes for some. I have no model using throttle trim. All neutral TC set to 29%.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:39 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,958 Posts
Thx Freechip & WJS! I'll check it out when I get home. Once again work interferes with the important things in life...
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:45 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I set it to Throttle Out and rebooted, does not work for me, timer keeps running?
Itsme....The throttle On/Off timer WILL work...but only if you have enough receiver space??? On my 3 ch. models it works like a charm...On my FunCub..it WILL not work..perhaps due to flaps...anyway, thought it might keep you from going crazy trying...if this is why you cant get it setup and working....as it is very easy IF your setup will allow it.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:47 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
@ Weed89 - ??? One is based on the Throttle stick itself while the other is based on the throttle output of the radio. Has nothing to do with receiver being used.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
@ Freechip- All I know is I have it setup and working just fine...BUT it will not function on my funcub...I have tried MANY times useing the same setup as the 1 that is working...No go tho'....So it Does have somthing to do with somthing...Ill mess with it 1 more time tho'
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
@ Freechip- <snip> ....So it Does have somthing to do with somthing...Ill mess with it 1 more time tho'
Yes it does, a radio setting un-related to receiver and or aircraft used.

You don't have to have the receiver and or plane powered on to see if your timer works or doesn't. It's all good, if you ever do play with it and find what's happening let me/us know about it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Found it !! the roller seems to skip around..ANYWAY...when used with Throttle...and set to 2%..it works like a champ!!

I did not realize there were 3 throttle options..only thought ther were 2...after trying to dial slower On the bottom of the roller...I Finally saw Plain Old "Throttle" and it works perfect.
Again Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Found it !! the roller seems to skip around..ANYWAY...when used with Throttle...and set to 2%..it works like a champ!!

I did not realize there were 3 throttle options..only thought ther were 2...after trying to dial slower On the bottom of the roller...I Finally saw Plain Old "Throttle" and it works perfect.
Again Thanks
Yes, the throttle out option is a good choice. Really good for heli guys who don't want their timers to stop every time they hit full negative collective/100% throttle in idle-up 2.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:37 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:

Again Thanks
Yes, but it does not stop the Timer if the throttle is advanced past 2%, at least it my case. It does stop the Timer if the Throttle is below 2%. Small thing I can live with.