HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:57 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,294 Posts
Suggestion
RCGroups to Sponsor a Fundraiser for MS Research?

Jim B,

Not sure if Jim G has filled you in on the details about the ODB-V, so if you hadn't heard already, Hobbyking has quit being its title sponsor for the event. In the past, they were very good about donating prizes to help raise money for the event, but since losing one of their leadership who supported this event, it was determined that this event "did not see any return from it" so HK is no longer sponsoring it.

About the ODB-V:

The OK Dust Bowl Fly In is an annual model aviation event held at the Holdenville Municipal Airport in Holdenville, Oklahoma. This year the event will be held on the 14th -15th September.

This will be the 5th year for the ODB and this year as in years past all the money raised during this two-day event will be donated to the Tulsa chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society. Along with raising money for continuing research to find a cure for MS, we also hope to raise awareness of this disabling disease. Many people do not understand that MS is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease. It is through efforts like the ODB-V that monies for continuing research continue to happen.

By generous donations from businesses like RCG the highest amount raised to date was $6,301.00. This year the goal is $10,000. These donations are not only an incentive for people to attend our fly in, but also help with increasing the amount of money we raise at our event to give to the MS Society.

We hope that RCG will be able to provide a donation to for this year’s fly in or at the very least, help us to with contacting RC companies that you could talk to help garner support. And since Holdenville is not too far from Jim G's home, maybe he can come out and do a live feed from the event. There will be free WiFi available during the event.

Please let me or 1987tc know if RCG can help out in any way possible. This event is for a wonderful cause and I'm sure anything that RCG can provide or assist with would be appreciated by all members here. Multiple Sclerosis is a terrible disease and wouldn't it be wonderful if we could find a cure in our lifetime? And even more so, wouldn't it be wonderful it we knew we played a role in helping to find that cure?

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2013, 10:18 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
Muroc
RCGroups does not sponsor events but what we are happy to do is promote your event in our Special Events section. This is a great way to get exposure for the OK Dust Bowl Fly In on the world's most active RC site. There is no fee for this and the benefits are huge! Send me an email 6 weeks prior to the event and I will make sure an event section is created for this great cause.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Apr 02, 2013, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
I have also request Awagar do a news feature on this event.
Administrator
Old Apr 03, 2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
News article:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1864675
Administrator
Old Apr 05, 2013, 12:19 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Muroc
RCGroups does not sponsor events but what we are happy to do is promote your event in our Special Events section. This is a great way to get exposure for the OK Dust Bowl Fly In on the world's most active RC site. There is no fee for this and the benefits are huge! Send me an email 6 weeks prior to the event and I will make sure an event section is created for this great cause.
Thanks Jim, will do! It will be me or Wes sending the email (or PM?).

And thanks for the news article, but I'm not sure where it is. It appeared to be here, http://www.rcgroups.com/electric-plane-talk-7/ but I don't see it.

BTW, great job on the graphics! Very nicely done. Who can we thank for that?

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
I think SleepyC made that graphic.
You can see the news article featured here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/channels.php?id=16
Administrator