HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:04 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Yippee!
Hobbyking "We Broke The Interwebs" Sale - Extended All Week!

Very cool, just noticed that Hobby King changed their Cyber Monday sale page to read:
"We Broke The Interwebs SALE - Bargains for those that missed out"

Very cool. Lots of people had issues getting onto their website. Looks like they're trying to make it right.

I'll be checking it all week. Especially after payday, Black Friday ran me pretty dry!
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
This will be great if they really have something good on sale. I watched the site a lot during cyber Monday and they did not put up anything that even made me think about pulling the trigger. Total sleeper sale with very little off any product and then when they did give free shipping it was only for a very short time. I have left over black Friday money but so far they are not working very hard to get any of it.
Shawndae is offline Find More Posts by Shawndae
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Looks to be pretty slow moving. Maybe just new deals added once each day?
I'll still check back a couple times a day & see if they have added anything I can't resist.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndae View Post
This will be great if they really have something good on sale. I watched the site a lot during cyber Monday and they did not put up anything that even made me think about pulling the trigger. Total sleeper sale with very little off any product and then when they did give free shipping it was only for a very short time. I have left over black Friday money but so far they are not working very hard to get any of it.
I still dont understand this.. They had micro planes for $25, free multi copter frames, dirt cheap multi boards, $3.99 orange rx receivers, free pnp planes, $5 lipos I mean the list goes on. It was by far the best cyber Monday sale I found this year
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
I still dont understand this.. They had micro planes for $25, free multi copter frames, dirt cheap multi boards, $3.99 orange rx receivers, free pnp planes, $5 lipos I mean the list goes on. It was by far the best cyber Monday sale I found this year

I never saw $25 micro planes, the free multicopter frame was worth $15 and was only free after $150, the multi board is only $10 off and the next version is coming out soon, the 3.99 orange RX was limit one, PNP plane was once again after $150, $5 lipo limit one, etc.....

I mean if you could get all the deals in one order that would be terrific but it's basically limited to one or two per order, you end up saving a couple bucks but by no means hot deals
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:28 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I never saw $25 micro planes, the free multicopter frame was worth $15 and was only free after $150, the multi board is only $10 off and the next version is coming out soon, the 3.99 orange RX was limit one, PNP plane was once again after $150, $5 lipo limit one, etc.....

I mean if you could get all the deals in one order that would be terrific but it's basically limited to one or two per order, you end up saving a couple bucks but by no means hot deals
I guess it worked out nicely for me as I was waiting for them to put a bunch of stuff on sale so I could order a ton (close to a thousand dollars) of stuff I have been putting off from them. Sorry you guys didnt have the same experience but I feel like I came out WAAAYY on top
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:06 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
They've added 6 large planes with free shipping from US warehouse.
Looks like clearing stock but may be of some interest to someone out there.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ber_monday.asp
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
I'd really like to build one or 2 of those. They look fun. I just haven't grown into that size yet. (actually hope I don't - I have a hard enough time finding room for my parkflyers!) But someone should appreciate that deal, shipping's gotta be pretty hefty on planes that size.

I really like how they aren't deleting all the old deals each day. Might still be something good left when payday comes later this week.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:34 AM
Building until we fly w\ Jesus
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined May 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
OK - I will have to admit that free shipping on some large planes like these would mean quite a bit off. They are too big for my small flying field but I am sure this is a great deal for those who fly at wide open locations.
Shawndae is offline Find More Posts by Shawndae
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:44 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Could not see this, either...

Observed the site whole day long, not one good deal for me.
Free shipping only to US.

But they did not stock new items for hours (after the 90 nitro heli), and site worked very slowly, so maybe technical problems.

An item, that costs 70 instead of 90 and then huge shipping costs (to Europe) and additionally customs declarance, costs, ... thats not a good deal for me (and probably for no one in Europe).

This Monday sale was a big, big disappointment.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, OH, Bowling Green
Joined Jun 2012
251 Posts
has anyone actually had anything they bought with free shipping ship? its been a few days now and still no ship date, still in reserve status.
Ubootwo is offline Find More Posts by Ubootwo
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
712 Posts
Quote:
Oddly, when I try to buy one of these planes and add another plane/item... the system won't let me !
IndiaHobby is offline Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubootwo View Post
has anyone actually had anything they bought with free shipping ship? its been a few days now and still no ship date, still in reserve status.
nope....
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:45 AM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaHobby View Post
Oddly, when I try to buy one of these planes and add another plane/item... the system won't let me !
That's pretty normal for HK, they won't ship multiple boxes. Everything has to fit in one box.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubootwo View Post
You bet, got a shipping notice the next day w/tracking number.
Tracking says it's in Montana today and should get to me here in MN on Friday.