SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:35 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPadrino View Post
Hi did you figure out how to load the sketch using the Mac Ox?
Thank You
Did you try the Mac OSX version of Arduino IDE (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software)?
pawelsky is online now Find More Posts by pawelsky
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelsky View Post
They stay the same all the time no matter what I do.

BTW I'm getting the same values without the barometer connected so it is clearly not communicating. Either it is broken, not connected properly or it doesn't like the 5V signal from Arduino (even though the seller claimed it does). I'll double check the wires, maybe something is wrong here. Will report back.
OK, it looks like I got it working now. After some reading (http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/I2...alLevelShifter) I found out that to work with 5V Arduino 2 pull-up resistors are required. Luckily these are already on the BMP058 board I bought, so I just needed to enable them by soldering 2 pads together.

Now the readings change reacting to temperature and pressure!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by happul3 View Post
By the way, do you have GPS hooked up? Please note that I don't and therefore have not tested bmp085-related code in presence of GPS. Quick look at the code shows that there is some change in program flow when GPS is active. It does not seem to matter, but without actually testing the combination I can't be sure.
GPS seems to work OK in SETUP.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
OK, it looks like I got it working now. After some reading (http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/I2...alLevelShifter) I found out that to work with 5V Arduino 2 pull-up resistors are required. Luckily these are already on the BMP058 board I bought, so I just needed to enable them by soldering 2 pads together.

Now the readings change reacting to temperature and pressure!
Cool! Try it now in LAND mode without flying. To do so boot up regularly, not in setup. Do not take off. Push elevator stick down briefly - that enables visual indication of altitude stabilization in LAND mode. Push elevator stick up - it disables visual indication. Whichever way it is, it'll be automatically enabled as soon as you take off. Anyway, do not take off yet. Position drone at some height so that you can raise and lower drone by hand at least a meter or so. Now push or pull throttle stick and release it. That will turn 4 second counter to record reference pressure. After 4 seconds, raising drone above certain threshold will make motor leds blink - front green, back green. Lowering drone will make motor leds to blink alternating red and green. Pulling /pushing throttle will reset reference pressure to new level and so on.

This essentially simulates indication behavior during flying. Please note that there is currently no way to switch off indication while flying, but you can disable/enable stabilization while flying. To do so, fly in FM1 and flip to FM2(you can flip back to FM1 immediately) while pushing or pulling elevator stick to enable or disable stabilization.
happul3 is offline Find More Posts by happul3
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:59 AM
France, PCh, Poitiers
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
To Happul3 and Pawelsky:
Wow!
What is the code must be included in sketch to use this module?
The stabilisation is very good over 6 meters of altitude?
Thanks for infos.
Fioulmaster is offline Find More Posts by Fioulmaster
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:22 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fioulmaster View Post
What is the code must be included in sketch to
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3531
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:40 AM
France, PCh, Poitiers
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot.
Have You got the model with compass ( i've saw your link to EBay in a previous post)?
If yes, i think to buy this model for a "future" revision if Miru find a solution for RTH with D1.
Fioulmaster is offline Find More Posts by Fioulmaster
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:53 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot.
Have You got the model with compass ( i've saw your link to EBay in a previous post)?
If yes, i think to buy this model for a "future" revision if Miru find a solution for RTH with D1.
Not yet (may take a while as the seller is from China). Will report how it works once it arrives.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:12 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Anyway, do not take off yet. Position drone at some height so that you can raise and lower drone by hand at least a meter or so. Now push or pull throttle stick and release it. That will turn 4 second counter to record reference pressure. After 4 seconds, raising drone above certain threshold will make motor leds blink - front green, back green. Lowering drone will make motor leds to blink alternating red and green. Pulling /pushing throttle will reset reference pressure to new level and so on.
It works in LAND (only exception being it blinks front green, back red when above threshold). Did not try it in flight (too cold now outside, and don't have tall enough garage to try inside).

I've modified the sketch a bit to display the BMP085 information in a separate line (see attached screenshot), here is the modification if you like it:

Code:
// Display pressure sensor data
csirow(DLNBMP); csihco(GREEN);
SIO_SP("BMP085: pres "); sio_sld(cor_pres);
SIO_SP(", avg "); sio_sld(pres_ave);
SIO_SP(", temp "); sio_sld(cor_temp); 
SIO_SP(", delta "); sio_sld(delta); 
SIO_SP(", corr "); sio_sld(throttle_correction);
csi(LCLR);
enter it just after

Code:
SIO_SP("\r\n");
you'll also need to define (in the DLNxxx defines section)

Code:
#define	DLNBMP	19  /* Pressure sensor data */
Waiting for further experiments with this sensor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
It works in LAND (only exception being it blinks front green, back red when above threshold). Did not try it in flight (too cold now outside, and don't have tall enough garage to try inside).

I've modified the sketch a bit to display the BMP085 information in a separate line (see attached screenshot), here is the modification if you like it
Thanks for sharing - I did not notice that code includes function to print long. Nice. You may want to include additional line:
SIO_SP(", I2C timeouts: "); sio_sld(i2c_err);
Normally should show zero.

Your screenshot worries me - the pressure and temperature values are way far from reasonable. Pressure unit is Pa, so normal reading should be around 100000. Temperature unit is degree times 10, so 20 C will be shown as 200.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
121 Posts
Quote:
The stabilisation is very good over 6 meters of altitude?
It is designed to be useful at any altitude. I have not tested it enough (need rare combination of low wind, daylight, and not being at work) at high altitude to make sure there are no bugs, though.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Hi, I have Ar Drone 2 with 2.1.16 firmware and arduino nano with miru mod kit. When I turn on the dx8 radio, centralized the sticks and turn on the drone, the arduino keeps blinking 4 times, and then 4 times again. I moved the sticks, but nothing happens. I connect in terminal and showed this message:

rx2at 0.19 20120911, at2so attached
cpusg 1E950F fuses DA-FF-FD-CC
loop 33.3ms, dcnt=2663
gps

-RX- f[ms] p[us] value
AILE 21.9 1520 0
ELEV 21.9 1517 0
THRO 21.9 1507 0 CFG1
RUDD 21.9 1519 0
AUX1 21.9 1116 919
GEAR 21.9 1116 -916 LAND

Here a video in showing this:
IMG 0470 (0 min 40 sec)

What Im doing wrong?
Thanks!
rhumba99 is offline Find More Posts by rhumba99
Last edited by rhumba99; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:42 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Your screenshot worries me - the pressure and temperature values are way far from reasonable. Pressure unit is Pa, so normal reading should be around 100000. Temperature unit is degree times 10, so 20 C will be shown as 200.
Yes, I was wondering about it too. Maybe I destroyed the unit (by not using the pullups) as it is not detected by your sketch anymore. On the other hand when I use the i2cscanner sketch (http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/I2cScanner) - it finds it so I need to investigate more.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
Polska
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumba99 View Post
When I turn on the dx8 radio, centralized the sticks and turn on the drone, the arduino keeps blinking 4 times, and then 4 times again. I moved the sticks, but nothing happens.
Did you remove the setup jumper?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Did you remove the setup jumper?
I short the 2 pins on Logic Lelvel and remove bind plug from receiver.

I bought this kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AR-DRONE-1...90757633299%26

And receive a message from seller that: Please note that this kit is for both AR-DRONE and AR-DRONE 2.

The difference is that for the DRONE 2 you need to short the 2 pins on the Logic Level Converter(Red Board) I use the binding plug
to short the pins.

Im trying to contact the seller, but no answer
rhumba99 is offline Find More Posts by rhumba99