SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2015, 09:59 AM
Find More Posts by HardDrive
United States, TX, Seguin
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
Discussion
Open Pilot Revo

This might be a silly question, But I want to ask as I have not used the CC3D that much and never the Revo. But I was looking at the diagrams and it looks as if you can pretty much use any 4 pin GPS/Compass units out there.
Is this a correct assumption or are there other variables I am not taking into account for?

I ask this mainly because I have been able to find "people" selling the Revo Nano by itself but not the unit with the compass, and with it "seemingly" out of stock (everytime I look) I was wondering if there are other options to get full gps return to home functionality.
HardDrive is offline Find More Posts by HardDrive
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2015, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,375 Posts
From what I have read and I may be wrong here. You can use any GPS unit, I have the Neo 6. It is an issue with the built in magnetic compass. The V9 and soon to be V10 you can use the built in magnetic compass.

Not sure what them really means. But I am waiting for the v9 or v10 to be sold as a unit and not in the kit. I have (2) nano's and am not looking for a third right now.

If you wade through the long nano thread, it is in there some place, just waiting to be found.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is offline Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard