New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2015, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by kohersh
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
886 Posts
Danny I have several of the BD devices and I'm glad you clarified that point to everyone (myself included) however I still prefer to dial them in to my liking, particularly in my own 200+ mph jets. Also isn't laptop is still necessary for the updates that BD frequently comes out with. I think the Cortex product is excellent, particularly in how its initially setup, its brilliant. I think the price point will need to come down to be more competitive as time goes on but its still the best IMO
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 4 Sale @ Joe Nall
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by Jerryzito
Fly It Like You Stole IT!
Joined Mar 2013
449 Posts
Good Day Pilots! I have installed vortex generators on my Bandit. I am a little concerned because as careful as i was, when the glue cured, one of my wing tip generators is not "exactly" 90 degrees to the wing. I am hoping that it doesn't cause a big problem. Does anyone think it might?
Jerryzito is offline Find More Posts by Jerryzito
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Thumbs are overrated.
The Netherlands, NB, Sint-Michielsgestel
Joined Nov 2014
125 Posts
Don't worry about it, you wont even notice it during flight. But if its the most outboard one, i recomend regleuing it in the correct angle, as it guides air to the stall fence.
Poffertjesporem is offline Find More Posts by Poffertjesporem
Old Mar 18, 2015, 09:36 AM
Find More Posts by kohersh
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
886 Posts
I agree, it's probably not worrying about. Go fly and enjoy her
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 4 Sale @ Joe Nall
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:50 AM
Joined Mar 2013
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffertjesporem View Post
Don't worry about it, you wont even notice it during flight. But if its the most outboard one, i recomend regleuing it in the correct angle, as it guides air to the stall fence.
Thanks guys. As it happens I flew today and it was flawless. The Bandit never disappoints.
Old Apr 02, 2015, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,463 Posts
Wing gap problem still unsolved and balance problem.

Here is an update on the wing gap problem I have with my new Bandit:
- On March 8 I sent an email to PA stating that I had a left wing gap / alignment problem and a damaged cowl and included pictures.

- March 12 Adad from PA responded to my email stating that there was no way the cowl could have been shipped out damaged and it must have been damaged during shipping. Because I didn't start building for almost a year the best they could do was a 25% discount on a new cowl. He also stated that he forwarded my pictures of the wing gap to Shaun. (btw......there is no damage to either packing boxes)

- March 28 I replied that I would take the offer of 25% discount. But had still not heard from Shaun

- March 29 Adad replied asking that I resend the pictures to Shaun and to hold off on the cowl purchase until Shaun could reply on the wing gap problem.

- March 30 I resent the photos and email to Shaun

- Today April 2nd resent the email and pictures to Shaun again.

On another note: I'm having trouble balancing the plane with a Turnigy 2200 mAh 3S battery weighing 7.10 oz. (200 gr.) pushed all the way forward into the cowl and I still have to add 1.7 oz. (33 gr.) to make it balance. The plane is built as per the instruction manual using all the PA recommended components and the Carbon Fibre bling. Any ideas? Bigger battery?
bc-slowflyer is online now Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Last edited by bc-slowflyer; Apr 02, 2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by Helfox
You're gonna GLUE!
Canada, QC
Joined Nov 2012
578 Posts
I run 3S 2200 way up in the cowl and 3S 2600.
None of my planes or helis end up with a battery that sits perfectly "on" a tray. Some don't even touch the tray ; )
Find a CG you like and go fly. PA has always helped me with any issues. I was polite and asked for help and Shaun and PA USA worked WITH me. Once you fly the Bandit you will forget about the cowl. Happy Easter eh!
Helfox is online now Find More Posts by Helfox
Old Apr 03, 2015, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,463 Posts
Thanks for the input Helfox. I'm not trying to be difficult with PA........I just want a solution to the problems that I have encountered. Happy Easter.
bc-slowflyer is online now Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Apr 03, 2015, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by Helfox
You're gonna GLUE!
Canada, QC
Joined Nov 2012
578 Posts
If it's bad they will step up. (from my experience)
Where did you get yours from? I'm the same as you and everyone else, when we buy something new, we want something that looks new. (we have pride in our planes)
I was out with my wife this morning and the Bandit was a riot in the wind. Sun and 8C for a change. AWESOME!!
Share some info when you get your Bandit flying.
Helfox is online now Find More Posts by Helfox
Old Apr 26, 2015, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,614 Posts
Hello guys,

Quick Q as a topic search didn't bring out many results. What's the biggest LiPo you people have installed in the Bandit without messing up the CG? I've read that up to a 3000mAh would fit. Considering it would only add 50/60g or so to my current AUW I think it's not unreasonable.

I'm also preparing another model which could use these same batteries so the figure is not entirely innocent

I'm not concerned about the additional weight hampering the 3D capability of the plane, since the day I got it I've been mostly happy performing classic aerobatics with only the occasional tumble or KE spin. I'm just looking for more flight time and my current batch of batteries are a bit short legged at just 5 minutes. They've also been taxed to death by the VOX 14x7 so it's the perfect time to think about switching.

Now another question, would it be reasonable to downprop as well? The 14x7 is a bloody good prop but I'm concerned about the added weight would require opening the throttle more, and the motor would spend more time in the red line. I have to review the telemetry data I've collected last season but I'm basing myself on the specs listed in this PDF.

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/t...s/thrust40.pdf

Thanks for any input you may share.
RyoOhki1701 is offline Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Apr 26, 2015, 02:06 PM
Joined Mar 2013
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Hello guys,

Quick Q as a topic search didn't bring out many results. What's the biggest LiPo you people have installed in the Bandit without messing up the CG? I've read that up to a 3000mAh would fit. Considering it would only add 50/60g or so to my current AUW I think it's not unreasonable.

I'm also preparing another model which could use these same batteries so the figure is not entirely innocent

I'm not concerned about the additional weight hampering the 3D capability of the plane, since the day I got it I've been mostly happy performing classic aerobatics with only the occasional tumble or KE spin. I'm just looking for more flight time and my current batch of batteries are a bit short legged at just 5 minutes. They've also been taxed to death by the VOX 14x7 so it's the perfect time to think about switching.

Now another question, would it be reasonable to downprop as well? The 14x7 is a bloody good prop but I'm concerned about the added weight would require opening the throttle more, and the motor would spend more time in the red line. I have to review the telemetry data I've collected last season but I'm basing myself on the specs listed in this PDF.

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/t...s/thrust40.pdf

Thanks for any input you may share.
As a matter of fact, I just flew my Bandit this very day with a Turnigy 3300mah 4s. The battery tray in the bandit gives you plenty of room for adjustment. That Turnigy is a brick. But I got CG and it flew fabulous.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 01:16 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,614 Posts
Jeez ! Indeed that's a heavy piece of battery! Are you using the 12x6 as suggested by PA with this setup?

Thanks for the input
Old Apr 27, 2015, 06:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Jeez ! Indeed that's a heavy piece of battery! Are you using the 12x6 as suggested by PA with this setup?

Thanks for the input
Well to be honest, I had no idea the battery was that big when I ordered it, but the Bandit seemed to handle it. Yes a 12X6 wooden prop. (Vox)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 01:10 PM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,614 Posts
Nice Heh, I realized I had an E-Flite 3S 3200mAh on hand from my BNF Hurricane. I never used that battery, now might be its big chance.