HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2015, 01:19 PM
United States, FL, Doral
Joined Nov 2013
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof5 View Post
I am doing my part to pass on this great hobby (addiction) to my kids. I have a feeling I will be needing to buy a few more radios soon
That's cool...enjoy it
TIRCQ is online now Find More Posts by TIRCQ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:46 AM
Build, Launch, Crash, Repeat
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jan 2013
109 Posts
Has anyone tried to cover their EZFly with anything like Doculam, or the stuff like is used to cover the Crash Test Hobby planes?
I fly in a dirt/desert field, and the bottoms are really taking a beating.
I am not as concerned about weight, as I am about durability
Partyof5 is offline Find More Posts by Partyof5
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:28 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
3,170 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone tried to cover their EZFly with anything like Doculam, or the stuff like is used to cover the Crash Test Hobby planes?
I fly in a dirt/desert field, and the bottoms are really taking a beating.
I am not as concerned about weight, as I am about durability
I covered an entire EzFly with Doculam , it was my worst flying EzFly ever . If it's only the bottom getting beat up , I would just cover the bottom . But for dirt and rocks , a better material might be a strip of plastic from a gallon milk jug .

I build planes for a buddy who likes to "bounce" his EzFly off the ground repeatedly . I put pipe insulation foam and a strip of packing tape on the bottom - works well !

Here he is flying it - he calls it his "bouncy plane" .

Bouncy Plane (4 min 58 sec)
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:58 AM
Build, Launch, Crash, Repeat
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jan 2013
109 Posts
Thanks Balsa or Carbon,

That gives me an idea. I was thinking I could cut out about a 1/2" strip from the nose area on the bottom and take some of that insulation foam on velcro or something similar. That way it can be replaceable.
When you have 3 kids learning to fly, the damage comes fast and furious.
But, I shouldn't talk because mine has seen more damage than theirs. I call it "Christine", (From the car movie) because it refuses to die!
Partyof5 is offline Find More Posts by Partyof5
Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:39 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
3,170 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Balsa or Carbon,

That gives me an idea. I was thinking I could cut out about a 1/2" strip from the nose area on the bottom and take some of that insulation foam on velcro or something similar. That way it can be replaceable.
When you have 3 kids learning to fly, the damage comes fast and furious.
But, I shouldn't talk because mine has seen more damage than theirs. I call it "Christine", (From the car movie) because it refuses to die!
The EzFly is one tough plane ! I make them out of Dollar Tree foam board ; for rough flying I make the full length vertical fuselage double layer , so then with the two nose doublers the nose is four layers thick !

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon