to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:44 PM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Deck View Post
My original intent was a sincere compliment to members of the Florida Soaring Society and their willingness to experiment. My compliment still stands and I or any member of the LSF Board will listen to suggestions on how to continue the LSF's relevence.
Jim Deck LSF President
Jim, Old habits die hard. I thought your original post was great.

I'm flying a scratch built electric Bird of Time. I was recently told it wasn't a "real" sailplane because of the motor. Of course when I mentioned a "real" glider gets launched with a motor called a winch, I'm faced with irrelevant and esoteric arguments trying to explain the difference.

As the numbers of traditional TD pilots continue to dwindle down to a handful of hard core purists, the louder they complain about things changing. When a large city like Orlando can't muster more than 8 or 10 contestants, the handwriting is on the wall.

It's no longer a matter of the traditional TD guys allowing electrics at their contests. It's now a matter of the electric guys allowing their field to be cluttered with a winch.
War is Peace is online now Find More Posts by War is Peace
Last edited by War is Peace; Aug 25, 2014 at 05:51 PM.