SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:41 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
934 Posts
[QUOTE=Upup;22973828]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post

Yes sticks to neutral throttle down =0 plug in lipo instant constant rapid beeping

Now though the KK 2 is silent with a blank screen

Jeff

The M1 connector must be on to power the board. Not like a receiver the KK2 only gets power on the M1 connector.

Hopefully this is/was your problem.

Sudsy
Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:04 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
here is a buddy code for NTM Motors for anyone to use. Thought I would share hope it helps.

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...E-26A58070B7B6
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...1-0F55FB4483CC

above buddy cord for turnigy esc programing card
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Jun 2009
280 Posts
Just put together my first Quad. Uses the KK Ver. 2 board. Extremly easy to set up very stable. Now I just need to start playing with the settings to see what I can do with it.

Overall very happy.
jedoug is offline Find More Posts by jedoug
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
So I have revived my board and I am not sure exactly what did it. I think the atmega fuses might have been corrupted at some point and resetting them to sane values appears to have brought it back to life. I will post the avrdude command line string when I have a chance to go back to my desktop and grap all the numbers.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:05 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,978 Posts
[QUOTE=Sudsy;22976906]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post

The M1 connector must be on to power the board. Not like a receiver the KK2 only gets power on the M1 connector.

Hopefully this is/was your problem.

Sudsy
Hi the board was powered M1 was connected, the screen powered up, as was 2-3-4 I did try disconnecting 2-3-4 leaving M1 to provide power in case there was a conflict between one of the esc

The board has always had power the KK screen receiver test showed 0 on the throttle I did try calibrating the esc via the kk2 but that caused the screen to blank

So now I have two problems

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
934 Posts
[QUOTE=Upup;22979727]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post

Hi the board was powered M1 was connected, the screen powered up, as was 2-3-4 I did try disconnecting 2-3-4 leaving M1 to provide power in case there was a conflict between one of the esc

The board has always had power the KK screen receiver test showed 0 on the throttle I did try calibrating the esc via the kk2 but that caused the screen to blank

So now I have two problems

Jeff
Well I shipped one back defective yesterday. I also went ahead and ordered another so I don't have to wait three months to finish my micro-quad. The new one shipped today. This will be my third board. Maybe since they seem to have increased production to meet the demand the QA is lacking.

Sudsy
Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,978 Posts
[QUOTE=Sudsy;22981548]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post

Well I shipped one back defective yesterday. I also went ahead and ordered another so I don't have to wait three months to finish my micro-quad. The new one shipped today. This will be my third board. Maybe since they seem to have increased production to meet the demand the QA is lacking.

Sudsy
Thanks for trying to help I have ordered a new board and a flashing lead in the hope I can breath life back into this one....or am I just throwing good money after bad ?

Thanks again

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:53 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Nice flying brother !....flying area is so wide open and you can't hit a thing !!!Nice job on your quad...
Thanks ! it was fun, it's a cool spot near my house but it's all cement lol so I still have to be careful.

this board is easy to fly though. the "Rapid ESC's" I bought with SimonK FW really handled the wind well.

The little quad is cool but the new ESC's I bought do not fit inside the arms anymore.. so I'm not entirely happy with the "look" of it. but that's fine :-)
superdave42 is online now Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,622 Posts
Finally got my DJI replacment arms for the HK Q450, also got the PCB frame.
But the stock DJI arms have smaller treaded inserts, i still have the HK arms.
So i had to get some OME dji 2.5x6mm bolts incase i run out of stock hk arms lol

Im going to mount the KK2.0 on the back plate this time so i can easily make adjsutments and i want to see how it works not being in the center of the frame!

Ill post some pic's later
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,355 Posts
quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave42 View Post
Thanks ! it was fun, it's a cool spot near my house but it's all cement lol so I still have to be careful.

this board is easy to fly though. the "Rapid ESC's" I bought with SimonK FW really handled the wind well.

The little quad is cool but the new ESC's I bought do not fit inside the arms anymore.. so I'm not entirely happy with the "look" of it. but that's fine :-)
....all cement ? ...I like flying on cement,the more I get so careful not to plant my quad on it.
The Rapid esc's are already flashed with the SimonK FW when you bought them ?Where ? Amp ?
....sometimes I don't care 'bout the looks,as long as it flys really good.
Have a nice flying weekend brother !!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
....all cement ? ...I like flying on cement,the more I get so careful not to plant my quad on it.
The Rapid esc's are already flashed with the SimonK FW when you bought them ?Where ? Amp ?
....sometimes I don't care 'bout the looks,as long as it flys really good.
Have a nice flying weekend brother !!!
I got my Simon-ized esc's from timecop via his website www.abusemark.com He sells re-flashed Hobby King F20A and F30A from japan.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
I'm selling some FLASHED HobbyKing F-30As 30amps here in the classified section.. Its on Pre-Order right now, but I ship fast and in the US it takes like 2 or 3 days. They'll be ready for the week of Oct 22.

Some people from here have bought from me and they're happy
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:41 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
I'm selling some FLASHED HobbyKing F-30As 30amps here in the classified section.. Its on Pre-Order right now, but I ship fast and in the US it takes like 2 or 3 days. They'll be ready for the week of Oct 22.

Some people from here have bought from me and they're happy
I got some from you they work just fine
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I got some from you they work just fine
Thanks