HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What style of Turnigy 1/16 vehicle do you prefer?
Rally Extreme 47 39.83%
Mini Trooper 43 36.44%
Racing Buggy 28 23.73%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Whyanbeel
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Having done my trade as a Sparky, I like the wires to be neat and tidy.
As such I spent a bit of time this morning sorting out the electricals.
Rockracer is online now Find More Posts by Rockracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:29 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,884 Posts
Rockracer, that is real nice looking with the CF frame plates. I just wanted to make sure you are using a respirator and containing that CF dust. You probably already know but it's nasty stuff and does NOT clear from the lungs naturally like other dusts. Just wanted to make sure you and everyone else here knew.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:49 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
14,587 Posts
Nice work, and good point that shahram brings up about protecting your lungs.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:05 PM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Cheers for the concern/advice.
I will be glad to be finished with the CF, It is messy.
I have only one or two small pieces to go, and although not using a respirator, I do use a dust mask and work out side. Considering all the other harmful respiratory risks I have taken in the past (concrete dust, plaster dust, fiberglass, Auto body filler, 2 Pac paint, Smoking, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, asbestos, ect) all on an occupational level. I see 'once off exposure' to CF to be less threatening than repeated exposure.
But do not condone my lack of care.
Play safe!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:08 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockracer View Post
Cheers for the concern/advice.
I will be glad to be finished with the CF, It is messy.
I have only one or two small pieces to go, and although not using a respirator, I do use a dust mask and work out side. Considering all the other harmful respiratory risks I have taken in the past (concrete dust, plaster dust, fiberglass, Auto body filler, 2 Pac paint, Smoking, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, asbestos, ect) all on an occupational level. I see 'once off exposure' to CF to be less threatening than repeated exposure.
But do not condone my lack of care.
Play safe!
I'm in the same boat as you basically. ButI think having said what you just said, you should be the one to care even more about exposure. Think about it, because you have already had those other exposures, and especially on an occupational level where you were probably dealing with it often, that alone already puts you at a greater risk anyway. So I guess what I'm saying is that you probably need it more than your average person at that point. But versus someone who has never been exposed to anything, whose lungs are full capacity, probably won't be as affected by whatever dust, etc.

Exposure to most things isn't going to shorten your life span instantly, of course, but for the most part it's when you deal with those things everyday that certain health statistics arise from.

Not trying to preach, you know what you're doing and you are already doing it.
Just saying.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:51 PM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Your right, but I won't be blaming the CF on my health issues, lol.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:30 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,539 Posts
You could though . j/k
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:50 PM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Back to my Buggy,
Still awaiting my latest HK order as well as a previous order (Basher Diff outdrives still on Backorder?).
But got the CF rear shock tower done, so finished with the CF now,.
Thought I'd highlight a couple of the minor mods to the buggy.
Rear suspension plate has been swapped for a front plate, neutralizing the excessive toe in.
Rear carriers have been spun for a straighter drive shaft alignment and slightly longer wheel base.
Front Dogbones have been used in the rear as they are a little shorter and eliminate binding with a slight bit of camber to the rear wheels.
Rear RE bumper took slight mod to fit, but I have ordered another rear plate (as the other went on the front of the Cosmo Rally, to go on the front, also allowing a little more camber to the front wheels.
Also on the way is a set of yellow side guards and rear wing from the Nitro Buggy.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:17 AM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
I got one of my HK orders today, along with another parts order.
The Cosmo got some shiny new wheels and a set of soft sticky road tyres.
Also a set of Basher springs, which may need cutting down a little, but I liked the red.
I may have to strip the blue anodizing from the center shaft, as it would look better silver.
The buggy got its new wing and side guards. Also a set of road tyres.
May swap the blue shock caps for a set of orange ones I have?
Looks like I have everything I need now to get them both on the road for a test run this Sunday.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:49 AM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Not sure what wheels I like best, makes me want to build more cars, lol.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Joined Jan 2015
85 Posts
Progress has been slow, as I have torn my Achilles, and am only just getting 'back on my feet', but should now have plenty of time for RC, lol.
This morning, I made a little bracket for mounting the wheelie bar. I doubt these tyres will give the required traction, but I'll worry about that after I get my Basher Diff centers.