HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scaulfi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie
Joined Dec 2006
30 Posts
Hi Fellas, I'm from Port Macquarie NSW, I have been talking to Bruce from Brisbane, "good bloke" about the bikes....I run bikes here on my own and would definitely make the trip for some racing, I would be another bike on the grid you could all say you flogged, but you can count me in. My bike is a ZH 328b, hobbywing V3 120amp esc, 13.5t motor, savox servos. Would I need to change anything on my bike? Thanks
Mick
bow2986 is offline Find More Posts by bow2986
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:23 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bow2986 View Post
Hi Fellas, I'm from Port Macquarie NSW, I have been talking to Bruce from Brisbane, "good bloke" about the bikes....I run bikes here on my own and would definitely make the trip for some racing, I would be another bike on the grid you could all say you flogged, but you can count me in. My bike is a ZH 328b, hobbywing V3 120amp esc, 13.5t motor, savox servos. Would I need to change anything on my bike? Thanks
Mick
Hi Mick, that would be great!.., the more we can get interested in the event the better. At our club meets we run 9T motors or thereabouts. The majority of us here use Hobbywing gear anyway.. If we can get more than 10 bikes for the event, say 15 or more etc, then we could split into a Stock class (13.5 -10.5T) and an Open class (9T or higher).. This also helps too because then we can marshal ourselves for the event instead of relying on TC drivers. So I guess its upto the individual what size motor they're comfortable with using for their prefered class. If not, we could all stick to one motor size/limit. We've found the Hobbywing or eZrun 9T a good paced motor for everyone at Brendale.

Cheers

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Last edited by scaulfi; Nov 11, 2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,721 Posts
Quote:
Mick
120 amp esc...wow
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
100% _Maybe
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Mick
Cool Mick. The bikers are good blokes up here. Friendly and always eager to share their knowledge, which has been great for me getting into it!

Pretty much all what Shaun said. We just really want to get together with as many bikers as posible for some fun racing over a few days. Nothing too serious and if anything I'd suggest just putting a motor size and brake/no brake in the guidelines, then we just go for it!
Rob1o1 is offline Find More Posts by Rob1o1
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Dec 2006
30 Posts
I'm in, thanks for the invite. Bruce has even offered me and my wife his spare room if I wanted to come up sooner on a long weekend or something to get some practice in, what a champion bloke, I would definitely need the practice. Is my esc a big overkill, it was new in box posted for $100 so I grabbed it. I took my 1/5 bike for it's first run yesterday, it went and handled great except I need more speed, my little ZH 1/8 is quicker, what motor should I get now, keeping in mind I will be coming to your bike event. Thanks
Mick
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:29 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Quote:
I'm in, thanks for the invite. Bruce has even offered me and my wife his spare room if I wanted to come up sooner on a long weekend or something to get some practice in, what a champion bloke, I would definitely need the practice. Is my esc a big overkill, it was new in box posted for $100 so I grabbed it. I took my 1/5 bike for it's first run yesterday, it went and handled great except I need more speed, my little ZH 1/8 is quicker, what motor should I get now, keeping in mind I will be coming to your bike event. Thanks
Mick
Hi Mick, the 120A esc is fine, its all I use in all my bikes. A 150A is overkill. Like I said in my first reply, we use 9T motors for our club racing because it suits the track well. A few of us use 6.5T, 5.5T, or 4T motors just for fun. 13.5T motors are just to slow to keep me interested. Get yourself a cheap eZrun 9T motor off eBay.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:24 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
The other option as the v3 is a sensored esc is get yourself an 8.5t motor. Thats what i run and it has plenty of pace. Probably similar cost to an ezrun system but a bit smoother control at low revs.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by test driver View Post
the other option as the v3 is a sensored esc is get yourself an 8.5t motor. Thats what i run and it has plenty of pace. Probably similar cost to an ezrun system but a bit smoother control at low revs.
links??
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Dec 2006
30 Posts
Thanks Test driver, I just happened to order a 8.5t motor earlier today so I'm glad you recommended a 8.5t, not sure on brand but it was mentioned to me. Will this be very noticeable speed wise compared to a 13.5 t motor.....can any point me in the right direction on where else I can purchase the sb5 aluminum belt conversion. I was told by Bruce to email Gregor at his shop but he is out of stock. I don't think Bruce at 2wheelhobbies has any also, couldn't find them on his site. I have a ZH 328b and would love to convert it to belt system, thanks fellas
Mick
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
newcastle Australia
Joined May 2004
667 Posts
I run a hobbywing 8.5t myself (but any compatible motor would be fine) generally and its is on par wit the 9t sensorless systems the guys are running in qld.
Yes there will bit a bit of a speed difference to the 13.5t.
Generally i find i can race without having to think too much about the bike pulling unexpected wheelstands but if i do want to do that there is plenty of power to do so.
With my batteries (5500mah) i'm getting about 40min or so run time.
I have run the hobbywing esc with team orion and novak motors with no issues so they are at least compatible.
test driver is offline Find More Posts by test driver
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Nov 2010
332 Posts
Hello guys we in Melbourne run this combo its very fast , tunable very reliable and very very cheap
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOBBYWING...item46069f5d53
Cheers
Tony
Reflex001 is offline Find More Posts by Reflex001
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:26 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
I was going to get one of those a while back..

I just bought one of these SP/140A V3 ESC's, >>LINK<< I have a couple of the HW/120A V2 ESC's so I decided to upgrade and see what the new SP is like.. The cool thing is I can set-up the ESC via WiFi on my Android mobi.. Pretty kewl..!
Last edited by scaulfi; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:37 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,752 Posts
Racing This Friday Night, Brendale... 23/11/12

I spoke to Kerry and we're definatly on for this Fri night.. After all the nights we've missed. (due to rain) I think he's going to keep the Fri nights going over the X'mas break too, for those of us that want to keep racing..

Anyway, racing starts @ 7pm or there'abouts.. Noms @ 6.30pm..

C y'all there..
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:36 PM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
I spoke to Kerry and we're definatly on for this Fri night.. After all the nights we've missed. (due to rain) I think he's going to keep the Fri nights going over the X'mas break too, for those of us that want to keep racing..

Anyway, racing starts @ 7pm or there'abouts.. Noms @ 6.30pm..

C y'all there..
We've dusted the off the SB5 and took it for a few test laps with the new radio yesterday, so we are planning to be there.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Sunshine Coast
Joined Feb 2007
99 Posts
Don't know if we'll race at the QRCCRA AGM meeting, but I think some of the committee members want to run an all scales meeting on the day. Thinking of our own options of what to do on the day; are any of you guys keen to run?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Chickentrader is offline Find More Posts by Chickentrader