HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Paradise Hong Kong

Has anyone dealt with "Hobby Paradise.com" who I think are based in Hong Kong. On their web site they have a large selection of FMS, Freewing and other models. I have asked a question through their contact icon but no response. I want to know how reliable they are and what their delivery times are like. My observation on their site is that all their planes are "in Stock" which is unusual for busy web sites eg Hobby King, Banahobby, who always have planes on backorder. They also have no "Reviews" on their planes. Any comments please
otherhalf2 is offline Find More Posts by otherhalf2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
youtube-- orandaboy
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
I wouldnt risk buying from them...i can't ANY reviews about them.
GazaChinee is offline Find More Posts by GazaChinee
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Thanks. Am researching them the best I can. Have emailed a supplier to get their confirmation that they have supplied planes to them but yet to receive response. Bit reluctant to use them at this stage.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:00 PM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Prices are high for Hong Kong based supplier.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
134 Posts
I just bought 2 Zeta modelsbefore the start of the chinese new year, the Astro and the Blaze. They immediately shipped the items and I received them 10 days later. That's what I call a fast service. On top of that, their shipping charges are very reasonable.
sonnydc is offline Find More Posts by sonnydc
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Thanks for that. Finally found someone that has used them and good to know they have delivered good service.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:50 AM
Amateur crash test pilot
Joined Jun 2013
25 Posts
Hobby Paradise

agian, as anyone dealt with these guys?are they decent?did you get your orders and were they intact?also where did you ship to? IE which country?
Wackomedic911 is offline Find More Posts by Wackomedic911
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackomedic911 View Post
agian, as anyone dealt with these guys?are they decent?did you get your orders and were they intact?also where did you ship to? IE which country?
Just found this thread. Yes I have used them are their service is excellent. Took 3 days from Hong Kong to New Zealand and package was very well wrapped. Even used shrink wrap on the outside of package. Recommend
Old Oct 17, 2013, 01:43 AM
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
1,015 Posts
I'm interested buying for Hobby Paradise too but slightly skeptical. Anyone bought any stuff from them recently?
ican3d is offline Find More Posts by ican3d
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d View Post
I'm interested buying for Hobby Paradise too but slightly skeptical. Anyone bought any stuff from them recently?
Just brought another plane from them. Shipped same day and arrived in NZ in two days. Great service
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:02 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
506 Posts
Just to add to the thread, I gave Hobby Paradise a try and deliver they did!
Purchased an FMS warbird and some spares since it was hard to get them from my LHS. Hong Kong isn't far from where I live, about 4-5hrs flight...lol.

Put my order in last Monday, status was packed and shipped on Tuesday. Flew out Wednesday evening and arrived on Thursday to my doorstep. Though it was my first time ordering from them, they responded quick and packed everything the next working day!

Package came very well packed. Spares were arranged neatly and nicely in the main box. The box was shrink-ed wrapped, then cardboard sheet taped over the top. It was then wrapped in some black shrink wrapp and taped all over again! Huge FRAGILE labels all over and what I found interesting (well not to some) but all labels, invoice, customs declaration, etc were neatly arranged and in line not crooked or slapped on anyhow!

Plane was intact and no warps or dents! Nice and good service for my first order. I will surely try again when finances are back up to track...hehe!
timatworksg is offline Find More Posts by timatworksg
Old Dec 11, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timatworksg View Post
Just to add to the thread, I gave Hobby Paradise a try and deliver they did!
Purchased an FMS warbird and some spares since it was hard to get them from my LHS. Hong Kong isn't far from where I live, about 4-5hrs flight...lol.

Put my order in last Monday, status was packed and shipped on Tuesday. Flew out Wednesday evening and arrived on Thursday to my doorstep. Though it was my first time ordering from them, they responded quick and packed everything the next working day!

Package came very well packed. Spares were arranged neatly and nicely in the main box. The box was shrink-ed wrapped, then cardboard sheet taped over the top. It was then wrapped in some black shrink wrapp and taped all over again! Huge FRAGILE labels all over and what I found interesting (well not to some) but all labels, invoice, customs declaration, etc were neatly arranged and in line not crooked or slapped on anyhow!

Plane was intact and no warps or dents! Nice and good service for my first order. I will surely try again when finances are back up to track...hehe!
+ 1000 to that. Have the same excellent service on two seperate planes
Old Jan 27, 2014, 01:38 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined May 2007
187 Posts
Another leery customer. order placed, fingers crossed.
I feel better after finding this thread.
uuc328 is offline Find More Posts by uuc328
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328 View Post
Another leery customer. order placed, fingers crossed.
I feel better after finding this thread.
Based on my experience, 3 planes, 2 lots of parts, you won't be disappointed. Very prompt despatch (shipping is beyond their control but very fast in my cases) and packaging is A1, better than any other store I have dealt with.
Old Feb 07, 2014, 12:21 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined May 2007
187 Posts
These guys ROCK! Shipping cost me a whopping $7 from HK to Texas and they were the only place I was able to find some out of production FMS parts. My package arrived quicker than an order placed before this one from the other site with all the warehouses which I'm still waiting on
Awesome seller, my mind is at ease. I will definitely bookmark and buy from again.
uuc328 is offline Find More Posts by uuc328
Last edited by uuc328; Feb 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM.