HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, OH, Amesville
Joined Nov 2012
149 Posts
Wow

I'm a noob... I've been reading and gaining great value from RCgroups and other websites for about 3 months. As somebody said, my experience was more or less "buy a starter plane (that was perhaps too aggressive), crash it, go looking for help."

Fortunately, I found a lot of help here. I really appreciate all the people who have given support, advice, etc. I'm not sure I would have "stuck it" without all the help and encouragement.

Anyway... I'm glad I didn't find this thread first. I think I might have walked away from RCGroups and not come back. I'm not going to guess as to who is doing what for what reasons. What I do know is that this thread was very off-putting. Having found so much positive value in numerous other threads I decided to slog through this one to see how it resolved itself... and it might even be resolving in a good fashion.

Please guys... when you post, remember that your posting might be the very first thread a noob reads when looking for help... and if that posting turns them off they very well might leave RCGroups and go to sites with lesser value, but that have no acrimony.
Dan_D is offline Find More Posts by Dan_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Chirnside Park
Joined Nov 2012
35 Posts
Exactly Dan! I only joined a month ago with no knowledge of anything, except the electronics side.

First impressions do make a huge difference, as I found out with my local club, if I hadn't already invested in hardware I would have walked away and never looked back.

My path was finding hobby king, (I needed a battery for a robot my son was building) buying a bixler 2, googling bixler and finding flite test, then rcgroups from a mention in one of their videos.
dmcinnes is offline Find More Posts by dmcinnes