HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:05 AM
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
New Product
High Quality Outrunners and Inrunners for sell (from China)

Hi all.

I have recently getting in contact with a brushless motor manufactor in China. They have some high quality outrunners and inrunners for sell, comparable to Castle.

First thing to mention: I am NOT getting any profit in advertizing these motors. I simply have some personal relationship with the seller. I have purchased several of their product, and they are great according to my standard.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc
Last edited by modisc; Sep 11, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:16 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
For inrunners, they have 2636 and 2036 (outer shell size), for smaller car model (1/18).
Price for 2036 is around 12USD, and 2636 is around 15USD. Shipping is not included.
Detail specs of the motors will follow.
Last edited by modisc; Sep 11, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Dec 2010
274 Posts
what are the larger size outrunners and inrunners?
carlnoki is offline Find More Posts by carlnoki
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
and how can it be shipped without astronomical expense?
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:54 PM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroback View Post
and how can it be shipped without astronomical expense?
It is a big OEM company making inrunners and outrunners. You will see from the pics and you will know what they actually are ^^. They also have outrunner kits for sell. I will try to post details asap. They should find a good way to ship these items.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:48 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modisc View Post
You will see from the pics and you will know what they actually are ^^.
Ripoff copies of a famous American manufacturer's motors? No thanks.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,548 Posts
Quote:
You will see from the pics and you will know what they actually are ^^.
All I see is a collection of blurry pics of an unlabeled green-anodized inrunner motor.

I can't see the winding job, wire gauge, stator lamination thickness (assuming a slotted motor), air gap, magnet properties, bearing quality, or overall machining and workmanship. These are things that never make it into the spec sheets but set some motors high above others. There's a reason Mega, Neu, Plettenberg, and others are able to charge so much for their motors- they CAN'T be copied and sold cheaply.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:29 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Ripoff copies of a famous American manufacturer's motors? No thanks.
It is not ripoffs. It's OEM/CEM. You know iPhone/Macs are all made in China...Find me an iPhone made in US please
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
All I see is a collection of blurry pics of an unlabeled green-anodized inrunner motor.

I can't see the winding job, wire gauge, stator lamination thickness (assuming a slotted motor), air gap, magnet properties, bearing quality, or overall machining and workmanship. These are things that never make it into the spec sheets but set some motors high above others. There's a reason Mega, Neu, Plettenberg, and others are able to charge so much for their motors- they CAN'T be copied and sold cheaply.
I said details will follow asap. I will try to get details as laminations, air gap, magnets, aluminium grade, wirings for these motors for you. You must understand that these are normally not public data.

Frankly, in terms of the material, these motors are more or less the same. The major differences will be the winding job and dynamic balancing of the rotor (for both inrunners and outrunners). In my opinion, as long as the windings are hand winded, using multiple fine wires, there will also be no big differences.

I do trust Neu, kontronic, and Plettenberg are not made in China, and Neu are basically made upon order. They are surely good, and i am not questioning that.

Remember, I am simply trying to help those who want some cheap motors with comparable quality, as well as some outrunners kits, which will follow shortly. I am not making any profits from this. If anyone wish to give it a try, you will contact and pay to the company person, and they will ship the items, NOT me. Again, i am not posting a Neu that cost 12 USD. (Sorry Steve, if you find this statement offending. You are simply the higher standard recognized by the majority).

One more thing, CC is also green. you know what i mean.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:35 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modisc View Post
It is not ripoffs. It's OEM/CEM. You know iPhone/Macs are all made in China...Find me an iPhone made in US please
Those are not made in China, they are assembled there.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts

I think modisc is suggesting that these are OEM neu/castle motors before they have that label stuck on them. They look like unlabeled N/Cs.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:34 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
I think modisc is suggesting that these are OEM neu/castle motors
If so then that is potential trademark infringement, possibly even fraud.

Castle Holdings LLC -- our motor production facility

"Castle Creations owns the factory in China that manufactures our motors. Castle Holdings LLC (China) is a WOFE (a wholly owned foreign enterprise) in Zhongshan China.

********** (a Shenzhen company) is not a supplier for Castle Creations. They are a copier of Castle Creations. They copy our motors, "cheapen" them (using inferior materials) and then claim that they are the "same" motors.

Our motors are not sold under other brand names EXCEPT for HPI and Traxxas brands." - Patrick del Castillo
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,548 Posts
As I said... If somebody could sell Castle/Neu equipment at HobbyKing prices, why are Patrick and Steve still in business?

In any case, trying to take legal action against the copiers would be nearly impossible from what I've heard. Apparently the laws work just a little bit differently in China.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Just a tad....
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:52 PM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
If so then that is potential trademark infringement, possibly even fraud.

Castle Holdings LLC -- our motor production facility

"Castle Creations owns the factory in China that manufactures our motors. Castle Holdings LLC (China) is a WOFE (a wholly owned foreign enterprise) in Zhongshan China.

********** (a Shenzhen company) is not a supplier for Castle Creations. They are a copier of Castle Creations. They copy our motors, "cheapen" them (using inferior materials) and then claim that they are the "same" motors.

Our motors are not sold under other brand names EXCEPT for HPI and Traxxas brands." - Patrick del Castillo
*******Leopard Motors (a Shenzhen company) is not a supplier for Castle Creations. They are a copier of Castle Creations. They copy our motors, "cheapen" them (using inferior materials) and then claim that they are the "same" motors.********

Next time you quote, please quote completely. Leopard is a Chinese brand, it has nothing to do with CC. leopard has its own trademarks, it is simply a different brand. For CC, go to their official website and look at the bottom, or buy one and see the bottom of the motor. Do not tell me you cannot see the words "made in China", or is it assembled in China? Or is it designed in California?

I said these are OEMs, CC has ordered motors from this company, and broke the contract, resulting in stocking or motors. And CC owes the company "some" money.

Frankly, check out CC motors and real Neu, do a simply comparison of their price. Please, save me some time to find the links for you. Please do not say again CC is Neu, I think Steve is not going to be happy.

I know copies, and I will state it very clear if it is a copy.

Again, I am not selling these for a living or extra bucks. I bought two 4035 stators for my scorpion from them, and I am simply amazed by the quality and packing. That's why I am willing to do this Ad for them and may some of those who share the same interest with me will benefit. It is really irresponsible to make any of your assumptions without even knowing a bit of the truth.

For the outrunner kits, laminations are 0.2mm, power painted coated, T-shaped teeth head (comparing with scorpion's Y shaped head). Magnets are curved, rated 200degree C, NxxEH. Not sure about the xx yet. The 200 degree is simply labelled on the box of the package of magnets. The guy I talked to is in sales department of the company, and he only knows this much technical details for now. Rotor has no slots for magnets, so you will need to space the magnets when you glue them (some sized kits are per assembled. Donot ask me why. They are simply assembled in the production process, and some are simply not yet assembled). A complete 4025 out runner kit 12n14p (originally their 4025 is 12n8p, but a friend wants a 4020 kit with 12n14p configuration. So I asked the sales the price) is 430 RMB shipping not included. I assume a 12n8p will cost less.

It is very frustrating meeting irresponsible people and reading their replies here.

This is the stator i bought from them. single strand 1.5mm (outer diameter~ 1.6mm) 5+6T. so you know the stator size
Last edited by modisc; Sep 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
Closed Thread